Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Liberty Air $89.99 Black only (Historic Low)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 9:13 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2012
1298 posts
1180 upvotes
Hongcouver

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Liberty Air $89.99 Black only (Historic Low)

Anker Soundcore for $89.99 (Black only). 25% off, price appears to have started this morning.
Original price is $119.99 and only the Black version has the sale.

On Amazon.ca it doesn't show as "on sale" but I have been watching this everyday since it became available (officially) in March. Previous to that was shown as "Unavailable".

I am a fan of "Unbox Therapy" and there is a review (Feb2019)



I am a fan of Anker, and the review was pretty good on UT.


Historic Low according to Camel Camel Camel


Currently $79.99 for both Black and White version on Amazon.com


Cheers, hopefully someone was waiting for the price of these to drop as well like me!
Last edited by DealPanda on May 1st, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
30 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1794 posts
10203 upvotes
If you have an Apple device you want to use these with, I'd suggest just saving a bit more and getting Gen 1 or 2 Airpods. On paper these look comparable but in real day usage it's not even close - Airpods pair instantly and have zero connection issues, other bluetooth devices like this are great when they work but don't have the same reliability for some reason.
Sr. Member
Aug 30, 2015
753 posts
500 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I have been using this for about 3 weeks and I love it. Sound quality is decent and battery life too, I just think it's ugly AF
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2012
1298 posts
1180 upvotes
Hongcouver
Leverage wrote: If you have an Apple device you want to use these with, I'd suggest just saving a bit more and getting Gen 1 or 2 Airpods. On paper these look comparable but in real day usage it's not even close - Airpods pair instantly and have zero connection issues, other bluetooth devices like this are great when they work but don't have the same reliability for some reason.
Aren't Airpods $219? if that is the case..... I would say $130 more is... a lot.
and functionality wise, the Anker is way better with more control, better battery life (and if you know Anker, you would know they make amazing batteries).
In my mind, Anker is NOT just any brand.....or to be considered "unreliable". I have been using Anker products for years and not just the juice packs. But I am waiting for mine so I have yet to try these and I don't want to sound like a fan boy.... of Anker.....

If you go on Youtube and check out some videos, these headphones actually connect immediately, comparable to Airpods, without paying the premium price...... for the brand name.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2017
1128 posts
853 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
So why these over the many many similar things at $30ish?
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8342 posts
3037 upvotes
Toronto
OutsideYourWorld wrote: So why these over the many many similar things at $30ish?
I have no idea at all for the products at the price you're referring to, but I assume these don't sound horrifying to my ears and they're a reasonable price.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2017
1128 posts
853 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Variability wrote: I have no idea at all for the products at the price you're referring to, but I assume these don't sound horrifying to my ears and they're a reasonable price.
If there are a lot for around $30, maybe these aren't the reasonably priced ones? Not saying they are or aren't, as I haven't tried 'em, but just because something is more expensive doesn't mean it will be any better.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8342 posts
3037 upvotes
Toronto
OutsideYourWorld wrote: If there are a lot for around $30, maybe these aren't the reasonably priced ones? Not saying they are or aren't, as I haven't tried 'em, but just because something is more expensive doesn't mean it will be any better.
Anker is a relatively well known brand and I would trust them more than cheaper variants at the price point you referred.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2017
1128 posts
853 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Variability wrote: Anker is a relatively well known brand and I would trust them more than cheaper variants at the price point you referred.
Me too, but Xioami has made some very similar ones as well for that pricepoint, and I more or less trust them. It's just an oddly large price gap.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Sr. Member
Aug 30, 2015
753 posts
500 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Xiaomi airdots pro has a similar price
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5997 posts
1856 upvotes
Scarborough
Not a fan of the truncated q-tip look personally
Sr. Member
Aug 30, 2015
753 posts
500 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
orange260z wrote: How do these compare?

https://www.amazon.ca/Truly-Wireless-An ... _title_wld

I have a pair of the Jabra Elite 65t and have been very happy, but they are in a different price range...
I tried these ones first and did not like the sound quality so i returned them and bought the liberty air instead, they sound much better and battery life is also better, but it's a tradeoff with the looks :D
Quitter
User avatar
Nov 22, 2012
201 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Nice find OP. I just bought these for 100$ a week ago. It's a present for the wife, so I haven't opened it yet. All the reviews I could find of them have been extremely positive.

Can't seem to figure out if Amazon has price protection, but I'll call and find out.

Update: they don't do price adjustments, but the rep just gave me a 10$ credit, so saved me the trouble of calling and reordering
Newbie
Jul 15, 2004
78 posts
Halifax
I had picked these up based on positive reviews and good experiences with Anker products in the past (headphones, batteries chargers, etc). Out the box they were a total mess. The left earbud would disconnect briefly every thirty minutes or so, Bluetooth would almost never automatically reconnect to the same device when powering back on and the touch controls (play, pause, skip) were always unresponsive.

I’d talked to Anker support briefly and they confirmed they were aware of the issues outlined, but noted a hardware revision was the planned fix. Where a fix was few months out, I gave up and returned them.
Heatware 3-0-0
Member
User avatar
Jan 17, 2012
453 posts
317 upvotes
Red Deer
The biggest issue I have with the airpods is that they don't really fit my ears.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2012
1298 posts
1180 upvotes
Hongcouver
excellent3 wrote: Nice find OP. I just bought these for 100$ a week ago. It's a present for the wife, so I haven't opened it yet. All the reviews I could find of them have been extremely positive.

Can't seem to figure out if Amazon has price protection, but I'll call and find out.

Update: they don't do price adjustments, but the rep just gave me a 10$ credit, so saved me the trouble of calling and reordering
Random_Hero wrote: I had picked these up based on positive reviews and good experiences with Anker products in the past (headphones, batteries chargers, etc). Out the box they were a total mess. The left earbud would disconnect briefly every thirty minutes or so, Bluetooth would almost never automatically reconnect to the same device when powering back on and the touch controls (play, pause, skip) were always unresponsive.

I’d talked to Anker support briefly and they confirmed they were aware of the issues outlined, but noted a hardware revision was the planned fix. Where a fix was few months out, I gave up and returned them.
Excellent3, did your wife like them? I am still waiting for mine and they should arrive today, but now I am a bit nervous after hearing what Random_hero have to say......
I have always loved Anker product and I know they have really good customer service, so I am not too worried about not being able to refund as they replaced my 3 years old Battery pack, but I have been looking forward to these for so long lol.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Quitter
User avatar
Nov 22, 2012
201 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
DealPanda wrote: Excellent3, did your wife like them? I am still waiting for mine and they should arrive today, but now I am a bit nervous after hearing what Random_hero have to say......
I have always loved Anker product and I know they have really good customer service, so I am not too worried about not being able to refund as they replaced my 3 years old Battery pack, but I have been looking forward to these for so long lol.
It's a mother's day gift, so I (my kids) haven't given it to her yet. I'll definitely look for those issues though. I hadn't heard of any of those problems when I was researching.
Newbie
May 1, 2019
68 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Wife bought a pair of these about a month ago and ended up returning them. We love Anker and swear by their charging cables but these headphones had major issues staying paired.

Top