[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Life P2 True Wireless Earbuds for $42.49

[OP]
Jan 28, 2021
48 posts
63 upvotes
Little Portugal

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Life P2 True Wireless Earbuds for $42.49

About this item
  • Perfect for Home Offices: Each earbud has two microphones with beamforming noise reduction and cVc 8.0 technology for superior vocal enhancement and background-noise suppression.
  • Incredible Sound Powered By Graphene Drivers: Delivers music with a wider soundstage and exceptional accuracy and clarity. BassUp technology enhances bass by up to 43% and aptX audio offers lossless transmission between your device and the wireless earbuds.
  • 40-Hour Playtime with Fast Charge: A single charge gives you a full 7 hours of listening, while the charging case extends that to 40 hours. When you’re in a rush and need power fast, simply charge for 10 minutes and get up to 1 hour of playtime.
  • IPX7 Waterproof: Life P2 wireless earbuds boast IPX7-rated protection that defends against liquids in any weather conditions.
  • One-Step Pairing: Our proprietary PUSH AND GO technology streamlines the setup process so when you remove the wireless earbuds from the charging case, they’ll automatically connect to the last paired device.
Images
  • 61MoAh1EiBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1021 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have some for work, paid 55$, happy with them, 42.49 is a nice deal
Mar 23, 2017
656 posts
1189 upvotes
Toronto
Really happy with these. Also bought a pair of x200's that are going around. These ones are a lot more comfortable.
Jul 18, 2019
296 posts
775 upvotes
North York ON
I had issues with them not reconnecting with the phone. If you have these issues, which is likely, just reset them and you're good.

Also, Anker customer support is very responsive and if you're not happy and leave a poor review, they will bribe you with free product to take it down.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2007 posts
505 upvotes
Vaughan
Bought these in December. They worked well. But then they stopped syncing to each other and could no longer be reset. Not sure if it was a case problem or defective bud. I contacted Anker CS and told them the issue and they sent me a new pair immediately no questions asked. Didn't even ask for the defective pair back. New pair has worked flawlessly.
Apr 23, 2020
51 posts
28 upvotes
How is the microphone on these? Also, hows the delay between when you pull the buds out and pairing to your phone? Have some that were super quick pairing.. and some that took 40 seconds lol.
Last edited by logitvx on Feb 19th, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 13, 2017
24 posts
7 upvotes
d_source wrote: Bought these in December. They worked well. But then they stopped syncing to each other and could no longer be reset. Not sure if it was a case problem or defective bud. I contacted Anker CS and told them the issue and they sent me a new pair immediately no questions asked. Didn't even ask for the defective pair back. New pair has worked flawlessly.
Had a similar issue with a pair I bought a year ago, and similar experience. My only concern is if the new pair will eventually run into the same problems.

Managed to get the old pair working again for a month or two before running into the same issue again, but hopefully just a QC issue with some of the earlier pairs.

New pair has been solid, and great sound for the price.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1335 posts
215 upvotes
Richmond Hill
logitvx wrote: How is the microphone on these? Also, hows the delay between when you pull the buds out and pairing to your phone? Have some that were super quick pairing.. and some that took 40 seconds lol.
My exp with all BT earbud under $75 are not good enough for work including this one. I settle with around the neck one and couldn't be happier, no one is looking when ur wfh anyway.
Jun 2, 2010
74 posts
30 upvotes
London
I'd also be curious how these work with VOIP phone calls on work laptop etc. Delay when talking?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2007 posts
505 upvotes
Vaughan
CivilAnchor wrote: Had a similar issue with a pair I bought a year ago, and similar experience. My only concern is if the new pair will eventually run into the same problems.

Managed to get the old pair working again for a month or two before running into the same issue again, but hopefully just a QC issue with some of the earlier pairs.

New pair has been solid, and great sound for the price.
How did you get the old pair working again?
Feb 24, 2003
264 posts
14 upvotes
I use these for conference calls every day through Zoom, Webex and Teams. People in my meetings hear me very clearly and the sound quality is good.

After a year of use the battery last around 2-3 hours, used to last me 5-6 hours in the beginning.
Jan 22, 2015
455 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can these be used independently? or the Left has to pair to the right to be used?
I prefer just using one ear bud and desktop mic.
Have the Jabra 65s at the moment but they only last half a work day now,
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1205 posts
126 upvotes
newcan wrote: Can these be used independently? or the Left has to pair to the right to be used?
99% sure one side is the master (usually the right) and the other won't work without it. You can use a single ear, the right. But not the left by itself. I have had 3 Ankers, Jabras, and Sennheiser TW1 and TW2 - and I believe all of them work this way. Although I haven't tested it on my Sennheiser TW2 and my Anker Soundcore Pros.

EDIT/UPDATE: Since I've gotten a couple of upvotes want to call out that my note above has been confirmed to be incorrect by a few other users who were able to pair L and R separately. I confirmed that I can do this on my Anker Soundcore Pros :). But not possible on my Sennheiser TW2.
Last edited by Trigger on Feb 24th, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2007 posts
505 upvotes
Vaughan
newcan wrote: Can these be used independently? or the Left has to pair to the right to be used?
Yes, you can use them separately. Not sure what side the mic is on.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1205 posts
126 upvotes
d_source wrote: Yes, you can use them separately. Not sure what side the mic is on.
Nice, TIL!
Mar 28, 2019
64 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there any lag in the audio while watching Youtube videos using these earbuds on a laptop?
Last edited by ipkonfig on Feb 19th, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4580 posts
2687 upvotes
d_source wrote: Yes, you can use them separately. Not sure what side the mic is on.

mic on both sides, my right was low battery so i swapped with left

battery is good for a week's of calls. super easy to charge as case is usb c

great deal for $42.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4580 posts
2687 upvotes
logitvx wrote: How is the microphone on these? Also, hows the delay between when you pull the buds out and pairing to your phone? Have some that were super quick pairing.. and some that took 40 seconds lol.
This is super quick, at least for me paired with a ThinkPad. I can take it out of the case in time to answer a call.
Oct 15, 2009
438 posts
169 upvotes
One more positive review for these. I've been using them for a year and a half or so daily, mostly for listening to podcasts. Typically only use the right ear as I like to be aware of my surroundings at the same time (kids, work, etc). When used for calls I've never had a complaint about the other person not hearing me. Battery life is still pretty good, but I always have the case with me and keep them in their regularly. I do find you get a decent quick charge from 10-15 minutes of use.

As others have pointed out, you can use them independently, either L or R. When used together, the R is the master.

Honestly the biggest issue I have is just losing one of them from time to time (usually due to kids). Thankfully if it still has battery I can just blast some loud music to it and have found it that way.

We already have 2 sets, otherwise I'd jump on this deal.