• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2020 10:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2545 posts
744 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Life P2 Wireless Earbuds $59.99

Back on sale again. Not as low as last week but close enough. If you hesitated last week then this is your chance! $20 coupon is applied on checkout.

Great sound quality! Packs quite a punch for something so tiny!

If you are in search of a true wireless earbuds. Get this! Definitely worth the money for sure! I never tried the expensive Airpods or the Samsung Galaxy Buds since they are way out of my price range so I can't compare this with them.

Very simple to pair with your phone and it automatically unpairs when you put the buds back into the case.

I do wish this supports the Soundcore app like the Liberty models though.
78 replies
Jan 27, 2010
222 posts
99 upvotes
Terrana
Grabbed these for the wife last week, she loves them. Thanks OP
Aug 30, 2018
205 posts
152 upvotes
Thought it might worth highlighting this.
Not sure if it’s a temporary set back or permanent.

“Note:

- Life P2 is not currently compatible with iPhone 11/11 Pro.”
Dec 25, 2012
1 posts
3 upvotes
Delta
The sound quality is great. Unfortunately the 'crystal clear calls' not so much. I constantly get complaints that people can't hear me unless I'm in a completely silent environment, and even then it sounds distant and muffled.
Jun 6, 2017
68 posts
45 upvotes
Back at $56.99.
Not sure how they compare to the $20 Dudios other than the battery life (40h vs 15h).
Sep 25, 2009
349 posts
223 upvotes
Bought these on Black Friday. Amazing sound quality. Case is a little flimsy but yeah its $50.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2545 posts
744 upvotes

Sounds sooo good! This reminds me of my youth days.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1086 posts
604 upvotes
Thanks bought one just to try.

I am beginning to have too many of these earbuds, but review seems to indicate this one has superior sound quality compared to the runs-of-the-mill $20 ones, so giving it a try.

That, and I try to use the same earbuds for my phone and my smartwatch (Galaxy Active 2) but when the same earbuds are paired to both devices, it seems to connect on random and not the device of preference ... so I need another pair.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3089 posts
1585 upvotes
West Coast
Anyone tried both these and the galaxy buds? Wondering how they compare as I just got a pair of galaxy buds but will just sell them unopened if they aren't much better than these Ankers.

Thanks in advance and good deal OP
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14538 posts
3498 upvotes
nicoconda wrote: Back at $56.99.
Not sure how they compare to the $20 Dudios other than the battery life (40h vs 15h).
wife threw the Dudios back to me and keep this Soundcore Life P2..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1521 posts
371 upvotes
Ottawa
how is this compare to Xiaomi Air2?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2545 posts
744 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: how is this compare to Xiaomi Air2?
Never tried them but I have a pair of their wired earbuds which has great reviews but the bass is very lacking.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1425 posts
426 upvotes
Vancouver
the deal is back on and I purchased one for the wifey :)
Feb 18, 2019
507 posts
659 upvotes
Amazon literally knocked on my door 15 mins ago to deliver these. Listening to music on them right now and am VERY impressed. I have a pair of Anker Soundbuds Slim, and these are significantly better. Crisper and bass is a little deeper (not huge bass like over ear headphones, but much improved).

They also fit perfectly in my ear and are super light. I can shake my head around and they ain't coming out.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1082 posts
199 upvotes
PACIFIC
Is this noticeably better than the cheaper Bluetooth earbuds such as the SoundPEATS TrueFree+/TrueCapsule, MPOW Flame which I already have?
Contemplating among this, Liberty Pro 2, PowerBeats3, and PowerBeats Pro.

Just worried if Anker good reviews are real or sponsored reviews, and if Anker's reputation is due to heavy marketing.

The Beats have W1/H1 chip which supposedly works really well for Apple devices, but I'm worried about the Beats durability. Or should I wait for the Jabra 75T to go on sale?

Off topic, but from my exp Samsung phones have really good hardware, but I find there's always something/issue that prevented me from using Samsung phones for a long time. Whereas iOS devices, despite iTunes/hardware issue (like missing 3.5 mm which Android devices seem to be catching up), there's less headache/relatively trouble-free overall which allows me to use an iPhone for 2+ years.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2545 posts
744 upvotes
Fllay wrote: Is this noticeably better than the cheaper Bluetooth earbuds such as the SoundPEATS TrueFree+/TrueCapsule, MPOW Flame which I already have?
Contemplating among this, Liberty Pro 2, PowerBeats3, and PowerBeats Pro.

Just worried if Anker good reviews are real or sponsored reviews, and if Anker's reputation is due to heavy marketing.

The Beats have W1/H1 chip which supposedly works really well for Apple devices, but I'm worried about the Beats durability. Or should I wait for the Jabra 75T to go on sale?

Off topic, but from my exp Samsung phones have really good hardware, but I find there's always something/issue that prevented me from using Samsung phones for a long time. Whereas iOS devices, despite iTunes/hardware issue (like missing 3.5 mm which Android devices seem to be catching up), there's less headache/relatively trouble-free overall which allows me to use an iPhone for 2+ years.
Don't buy Beats. Over priced garbage and doesn't sound very good for what you paid for.

There are many rfd members from this and previous thread saying these sounds very good...including myself.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2545 posts
744 upvotes
In case anyone is wondering if there are lag while watching videos or playing games. I have experienced no lag.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15040 posts
2968 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
I've read the reviews. The new Air Liberty Pro 2s are well reviewed vs this from SQ perspective. I suspect the SQ on this is equal to Soundpeats TrueCapsules (which look very much like this).
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1086 posts
604 upvotes
Bought these to try, and decided to return them after 1 day.

They're decent, don't get me wrong, but for $50+, you are expecting noticeably better sound quality than the run of the mills $20 buds, and especially after you read the reviews on rtings and sites like that.

All I can say is these aren't my cup of tea. The bass is strong but almost 'beats-exaggerated' bass, which works for some ppl but i'm not a big fan. The mids are actually kinda muffled, and the highs aren't as sharp as you'd want.

I took a back to back listen between these and my old earbuds (mpow T6) and the soundbeats have stronger bass but it sounds like artificially boosted. The T6 sounds more natural OTOH, and mids and highs are clearer. At the end of the day, I concluded by $39 mpow T6's actually sound BETTER than the $59 P2's ... thus returning them.

I'm not saying the soundbeats are bad, and if you don't have any wireless earbuds these will do. It's just I'm looking for an upgrade and i don't think they are an upgrade at all. Further, the hard buttons (instead of touch buttons) annoy me more than I thought they would. I keep pushing my earbuds into my ear and it kinds hurts after a while.