Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Life Q30 ANC Headphones $109.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2021 2:45 pm
Jun 19, 2006
963 posts
102 upvotes
Please take note that it does not have APTX or APTX-LL codec, for those wear it to watch TV or play games, the latency kills.
- Good trick with APP on EQs though.
- This is a decent $100 pair for everything else.
May 2, 2019
328 posts
395 upvotes
How is this headset for strictly anc and wearing for a long periods of time? My current headset gets too hot after a few hours and clamps quite hard.
Jun 5, 2008
137 posts
46 upvotes
I tried both the Mpow H21 and Soundcore Q20 before settling on the Q30 and returned both to Amazon. Both the other units had issues that were dealbreakers. The Q30 has been a great unit and while it is true there are cheaper ANC headphones on the market, I feel this one gives the best bang for the buck. Love the case it comes in, the different profiles I can select from the app and the touch-for-transparency feature as well.
Jun 5, 2008
137 posts
46 upvotes
haroldliang wrote: How is this headset for strictly anc and wearing for a long periods of time? My current headset gets too hot after a few hours and clamps quite hard.
This one clamps pretty light. Hopefully not too light depending on size of head. Only con I found on this unit.
Dec 17, 2009
195 posts
42 upvotes
dkq wrote: Please take note that it does not have APTX or APTX-LL codec, for those wear it to watch TV or play games, the latency kills.
Any suggestions for APTX headphones? ...latency is no fun when watching TV shows...
Aug 29, 2019
129 posts
175 upvotes
Absolutely amazed by these headphones. They sound better than the $250 Shure headphones I bought a couple of years ago. The battery life is insane, I use them all day for 3 days with a 2 hour charge. A 5 minute charge gives 5 hours of usage. The noise canceling is great, the build quality doesn't feel cheap at all. Very comfortable even with 12 hours of usage.

Very glad I went with these. Astronomical value.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2048 posts
544 upvotes
Vaughan
dkq wrote: Please take note that it does not have APTX or APTX-LL codec, for those wear it to watch TV or play games, the latency kills.
When I use mine to watch TV, it's very rare if there is any latency. It has happened though, but it's not common.
Jun 19, 2006
963 posts
102 upvotes
d_source wrote: When I use mine to watch TV, it's very rare if there is any latency. It has happened though, but it's not common.
Lucky you, my LG is pretty bad on lip sync ...
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2007
1272 posts
114 upvotes
Oakville
I just got my q30's, and will be comparing to my Bose QC35. I've also owned Airpods, beats solo3, Sennheiser HD598, and Sony Hear on 2 for reference.

-Sound Quality: I'm not an audiophile, but I can appreciate good sound. Tbh I couldn't really tell much the difference between either, q30 has more bass out of the box - but that can be adjusted in the app. I'm sure they will sound great for 95% of the population.
-Noise Cancellation: Q30 is pretty decent, but Bose probably cancels out 20-30% more noise?
-Comfort: The Q30's are comfortable - large soft earcups and low clamping force. I prefer the Bose as the earcups are deeper and more oval shaped.

Verdict: I think these are the best headphones headphones you can get for the money. Cheaper headphones will be vastly inferior, and spending more money will get you diminishing returns. That being said, if the refurbished Bose QC35's go on sale for $180 again, I'd recommend spending the extra money for those.