• Jul 6th, 2021 10:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1673 posts
956 upvotes
Center of the univer…

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Motion Boom Outdoor Speaker - $109.99

This speaker is amazing for the price, sounds way larger than it is. You can use the soundcore app on the phone to fine tune it further but you will be pleasantly surprised with the bass on this thing. I bought this last month for full price and now hoping to return and repurchase using the $30 coupon.

The speaker is waterproof and also is able to charge your phone with the 10000mah battery inside. This guy compares it against the JBL extreme 3 and the bass on the soundcore is better at max volume and has more fine tuning available in the app compared to the JBLs

92 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
5621 posts
5835 upvotes
Toronto
Soundcore Motion Boom review inc sound test vs JBL Xtreme 3, Soundcore Motion+, W-King D8, Minirig 3
Mar 13, 2010
514 posts
290 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Agree 100%. I was looking for a new bluetooth speaker and did a bunch of research before going with the motion boom. Very impressed with the sound quality. The customizable eq is a game changer. I didn't know too much about Anker's soundcore line before I started looking into speakers more but they make some quality products at great prices. I originally thought I'd go with a JBL or sony but I'm glad I went with soundcore. The price difference is crazy too, such good value.

Battery lasts a very long time and this thing gets loud with deep base. Easily worth full price and a steal at $110.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3688 posts
5127 upvotes
BC
unreal speaker, the bass it produces is impressive. Best speaker you can buy in this price range imo if you don't mind the size.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9645 posts
6371 upvotes
Toronto
In the vid the JBL sounds far better even after he tweaked the Soundcore. You get what you pay for.
Apr 20, 2011
222 posts
167 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
Angultra wrote: In the vid the JBL sounds far better even after he tweaked the Soundcore. You get what you pay for.
Yeah that's what I saw in the video too but again $110 vs $350. Tough choice here. Should I buy this now or wait till BF and get a deal on the JBL.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3767 posts
2769 upvotes
Toronto
For the price it seems impressive, i have the original Bose SoundLink Mini that has been impressive and still going after 7 years. I had to send it in for warranty after a year for overheating issues but it's been good since.

I've been thinking of replacing it with something bigger though.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1272 posts
180 upvotes
Perfect timing. I need a BT speaker for poolside use. We don't blast the music super loud. Will this fit the bill? Looking for a good sounding speaker that can hold up to being splashed and won't break the bank. Not sure if the JBL is worth triple the price versus 2 of these around the pool.
Dec 9, 2017
300 posts
714 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/Bluetooth-Playtim ... 892&sr=8-4

I've heard some positive comments on this W King speaker. There are a few other models as well. No clue how they compare to the Anker though.
i got it on sale for 50$ from amazon
while big, the much smaller Tribit sounds better IMHO. I find myself using the Tribit more than I use the WKing. The WKing has a very good battery life; it is loud, but no depth - after all, it was $50.
Jul 25, 2016
74 posts
56 upvotes
Amazing speaker, I had been using a Jawbone Big Jambox for years and loved it until i heard one of these...definite improvement.

I just received mine on June 5th and paid $125...debating if it's worth the hassle to return and rebuy now at cheaper price....
May 18, 2019
136 posts
50 upvotes
ON
can someone give insight on comparison between

Soundcore Motion+
Soundcore Motion Boom
Soundcore Flare+

I am confused which one to buy...
Jun 22, 2009
467 posts
233 upvotes
I have purchased this recently and it works very well. Similar to above post, initially was looking for JBL and such however after tried this, it works well for my outdoor needs. Plus the price is much affordable, I won't have to worry while lost or damaged...

Try it, you won't regret it.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1760 posts
905 upvotes
I agree with the comments above, this one delivers a solid punch. Compared it to a Sony XB43 and while that one has a crisp sound, it didnt deliver the bass the Soundcore has.

I ended up returning as I solely needed a speaker for my workouts indoors (using a soundbar instead), but if I needed a BT speaker for outdoors Id get this.
Sep 15, 2020
26 posts
5 upvotes
MatrixDealCrazy wrote: can someone give insight on comparison between

Soundcore Motion+
Soundcore Motion Boom
Soundcore Flare+

I am confused which one to buy...
I was waiting for the motion+ to go on sale. Wondering if this may be the way to go.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
5621 posts
5835 upvotes
Toronto
ranger9494 wrote: I was waiting for the motion+ to go on sale. Wondering if this may be the way to go.
Posted earlier (#10)
tomguy1160 wrote: The Soundcore Motion+ is also on sale at 99.99$. I have it and totally worth the price

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Soundcore-Ha ... B07P39MLKH