Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Anker Soundcore Motion Boom Outdoor Speaker - $109.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2021 10:17 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
tomguy1160 wrote: The Soundcore Motion+ is also on sale at 99.99$. I have it and totally worth the price

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Soundcore-Ha ... MLKH&psc=1
ENGLISH LINK-
https://www.amazon.ca/-/en/Soundcore-Ha ... 07P39MLKH/
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
May 18, 2019
235 posts
130 upvotes
ON
This week I went to beach and checked with few beach goers who were already using JBL essential charging, flip4, , JBL Boom Box, soundcore flare+ , soundcore motion + , soundcore Motion Boom.

I know I bugged them during their holiday fun... but i went to each of them and requested them to play a particular song..... I wanted to listen how sounds/musci/bass come out of all these speakers in the outdoor.

Based on my analysis and checking other features also.. below is my observation with best one at the top...

Soundcore Motion Boom ( sound was amazing, bass was clear, in the outdoor with much noise i was able to listen and enjoy, price is less and weight is just 1.5 kg which is well manageable. If you remember, i was previously concerned about weight and was inclined to flare+. )
Soundcore Motion+ ( less weight, sound is good)
JBL charge essential ( good price, nice sound)
soundcore flare+ ( easy of use, compact , sound is good. can be put over jbl charge essential if on deal)

I am not putting JBL Boom box in this comparison, because of two reason.
1. because of price, which is not comparable to rest all others. this is very costly, and i am not gonna spend 500$ to play in sand.
2. this is too heavy. why i should be carrying 5kg of box to the beach. I have lot other things to carry.

so finally i will be buying Soundcore MotionBoom whenever it is coming on deal again. Right now it is up on amazon with 15$ coupon but now a week back it was there on 30$ coupon. Also i am waiting if Amazon Prime deals are coming this July month. It may come up with more discount.
Last edited by MatrixDealCrazy on Jul 6th, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
MatrixDealCrazy wrote: This week I went to beach and checked with few beach goers who were already using JBL essential charging, flip4, , JBL Boom Box, soundcore flare+ , soundcore motion + , soundcore Motion Boom.
You just went up to random people and asked them to play a song? Props lol
May 18, 2019
235 posts
130 upvotes
ON
[quote=peakingduck post_id=34693895 time=1625499782 user_id=608147]
You just went up to random people and asked them to play a song? Props lol
[/quote]

I told them, we are reviewing major brands for comparison and need their inputs... lols
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1716 posts
178 upvotes
MatrixDealCrazy wrote: This week I went to beach and checked with few beach goers who were already using JBL essential charging, flip4, , JBL Boom Box, soundcore flare+ , soundcore motion + , soundcore Motion Boom.

I know I bugged them during their holiday fun... but i went to each of them and requested them to play a particular song..... I wanted to listen how sounds/musci/bass come out of all these speakers in the outdoor.

Based on my analysis and checking other features also.. below is my observation with best one at the top...

Soundcore Motion Boom ( sound was amazing, bass was clear, in the outdoor with much noise i was able to listen and enjoy, price is less and weight is just 1.5 kg which is well manageable. If you remember, i was previously concerned about weight and was inclined to flare+. )
Soundcore Motion+ ( less weight, sound is good)
JBL charge essential ( good price, nice sound)
soundcore flare+ ( easy of use, compact , sound is good. can be put over jbl charge essential if on deal)

I am not putting JBL Boom box in this comparison, because of two reason.
1. because of price, which is not comparable to rest all others. this is very costly, and i am not gonna spend 500$ to play in sand.
2. this is two heavy. why i should be carrying 5kg of box to the beach. I have lot other things to carry.

so finally i will be buying Soundcore MotionBoom whenever it is coming on deal again. Right now it is up on amazon with 15$ coupon but now a week back it was there on 30$ coupon. Also i am waiting if Amazon Prime deals are coming this July month. It may come up with more discount.
Legend!

Well done. I took my Motion+, Motion boom and my buddy's Beats Pill to the park this weekend. The boom was a clear winner for bass and overall enjoyment. The motion+ was great, but because I got both on sale the price difference was minimal, and the extra size/weight doesn't bother me.

The Beats pill was clearer in terms of voice and treble, but not anywhere near as bassy, although much smaller than the Soundcore ones I tested and brought.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
I am still not totally sold on Ankers products. Apparently the company was started by ex-google employees and supposed to have decent engineers. But the quality vs price compared to other known brands is something that I wonder about these products?
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
zylonite wrote: I am still not totally sold on Ankers products. Apparently the company was started by ex-google employees and supposed to have decent engineers. But the quality vs price compared to other known brands is something that I wonder about these products?
How to Turn Your Mom’s Savings Into $1 Billion? Ask This Guy
May 20, 2018, 5:00 p.m. EDT Updated on May 21, 2018, 6:00 a.m. EDT
  • Steven Yang left Google in 2011 for a Chinese startup hub
  • Anker made a name selling smartphone chargers on Amazon
Yang combined his Google money with his mom’s, and with less than $1 million in seed capital he moved from California to Shenzhen, a hub in southern China for technology companies. Seven years later, Anker Innovations Technology Co. sells products ranging from smartphone chargers to portable power banks on Amazon.com. And it’s getting even bigger after recently reaching a deal to put products in almost 4,000 Walmart Inc. and 900 Best Buy Co. stores in the U.S.

Yang grew up in central China’s Changsha and studied computer science at Peking University and then at the University of Texas at Austin.

He developed his programming skills in five years at Google. Two years before leaving the company, he built an automated system for his girlfriend (now his wife), who was selling women’s accessories and other products on Amazon as a side business. The system fixed inventory, logistics, fulfillment and tracking of sales, and it began fulfilling 300 orders a day.

But he had to learn hardware from scratch when he started Anker. Mobile-phone batteries haven’t changed all that much since before smartphones. Dying batteries remain a bane of the digital age, and researchers are already looking for solutions.
Destiny is all
Sep 15, 2020
50 posts
13 upvotes
zylonite wrote: I am still not totally sold on Ankers products. Apparently the company was started by ex-google employees and supposed to have decent engineers. But the quality vs price compared to other known brands is something that I wonder about these products?
I picked up the motion+ for $100 last week. Absolutely love it. It's mainly going to be used as around the house speaker, so I wasn't too concerned with getting the motion boom for the extra bass/outdoor party sound. The motion+ definitely has enough sound for any party I'm hosting, and my main concern with the motion boom was what I considered to be the ugly handle and it's larger size. That stuff makes it great for taking around outside, but I'd prefer a sleeker more streamlined look for in the house.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
This particular speaker is extra ugly. I recommend xdobo x8 which you can buy on Amazon for 80 CAD+tax or Aliexpress for 72 CAD all in. USB-C charging, incredibly powerful, good looking, great sound quality. I have been using it for over a year. I also believe that it can be purchased for lower (~60 CAD maybe) if you catch a good deal on Aliexpress but not 100% on that
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
Anker makes good stuff but they're starting to price themselves higher as they're getting more popular. I tried most of their first few soundcore speakers and they weren't that great. I'm really impressed by the motion+ and motion boom, competes with brand name speakers in the $200 range.
elfion wrote: This particular speaker is extra ugly. I recommend xdobo x8 which you can buy on Amazon for 80 CAD+tax or Aliexpress for 72 CAD all in. USB-C charging, incredibly powerful, good looking, great sound quality. I have been using it for over a year. I also believe that it can be purchased for lower (~60 CAD maybe) if you catch a good deal on Aliexpress but not 100% on that
I like the boombox look, the handle is really useful for carrying around since it's pretty bulky. I agree though, definitely an outdoor speaker. Wouldn't look that nice sitting in your living room.

I think a better comparison would be the motion+ since they're similar in size. I haven't heard of the xdobo before and most of the reviews on YouTube are from 1 channel. I found this comparison video and he favors the motion+ over the xdobo. For what it's worth I like my boom more than my motion+, but it is bulkier.

Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3213 posts
3155 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I found this comparison video and he favors the motion+ over the xdobo.
I haven't heard motion+. Even if it's better, it is definitely a lot more expensive. 116 vs 72 on AliExpress. This is a 61% difference.
And to be honest I don't have anything more to wish from my X8. The only issue I discovered, it doesn't automatically turn off when not connected. Otherwise it seems pretty much perfect.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
elfion wrote: I haven't heard motion+. Even if it's better, it is definitely a lot more expensive. 116 vs 72 on AliExpress. This is a 61% difference.
And to be honest I don't have anything more to wish from my X8. The only issue I discovered, it doesn't automatically turn off when not connected. Otherwise it seems pretty much perfect.
I paid $91 for my motion+ but still worth it at $116 imo. I personally don't mind paying a bit more for certain things but I get that price can be a deal breaker for others.

That's awesome you found a speaker you're content with, I've probably gone through 20-25 Bluetooth speakers, mostly brand name, and I'm finally satisfied with the Anker speakers.
Sep 15, 2020
50 posts
13 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I paid $91 for my motion+ but still worth it at $116 imo. I personally don't mind paying a bit more for certain things but I get that price can be a deal breaker for others.

That's awesome you found a speaker you're content with, I've probably gone through 20-25 Bluetooth speakers, mostly brand name, and I'm finally satisfied with the Anker speakers.
Exactly! Different people have different needs. A speaker for the bedroom, golf course, and hosting a large party would have vastly different needs for me. And then some people want lights on their speakers and I can't think of anything more annoying.

Define your need and possible uses, and then buy accordingly.