Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Spirit Dot 2 $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2020 10:27 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 8, 2018
15 posts
19 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Spirit Dot 2 $99.99

First deal post please don't kill me.

Newest addition to Soundcore's lineup of TWS, $20 off with coupon.
8 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 15, 2020
133 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
Anker is a great company, but I wouldn't buy something new from them without it being reviewed by other people. Especially with these truly wireless earphones, the "touch controls" that some companies implement is awful and can render them useless in the winter.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 8, 2018
15 posts
19 upvotes
MrBear2019 wrote: Anker is a great company, but I wouldn't buy something new from them without it being reviewed by other people. Especially with these truly wireless earphones, the "touch controls" that some companies implement is awful and can render them useless in the winter.
From what I can gather, the issue with touch controls on this pair is that you can't control the volume. That's not a deal breaker for me and apparently otherwise it's basically a tiny and more discreet Liberty 2 Pro without the app implementation. The cases sliding top looks great to me also.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 15, 2020
133 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
Vaeryl wrote: From what I can gather, the issue with touch controls on this pair is that you can't control the volume. That's not a deal breaker for me and apparently otherwise it's basically a tiny and more discreet Liberty 2 Pro without the app implementation. The cases sliding top looks great to me also.
Good to know. The truly wireless earphones I got as a gift cost $50 more and have decent reviews, but I don't like them. Their controls are much more annoying to deal with it and they aren't comfortable, which is why I'm always skeptical. I personally prefer "not-truly" wireless earphones which have a wire across your neck with inline controls, or, well, wired earphones.

Wireless headphones, though, is something I can get behind. Man, if I had the money, I'd cop the Microsoft Surface 2 asap. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8131 posts
4504 upvotes
Toronto
Anker always has ongoing coupons for this stuff, so wouldn't be in a rush to buy it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3161 posts
1167 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. This looks really good, but not enough info on the microphones (I don't think there's cVc) so I can't take the chance.

I'm currently using the Life P2 and they're actually pretty decent for work calls in my home office, but background noise is picked-up. Same issue outside. I find it really hard to find a pair of reasonably-priced TWS with:
- good mic with cVc and background noise management
- winglets/fins for stability at the gym
- IPX 5 or 7

I can usually get 2 of the 3, or it's much more than I want to pay. Urgh.
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2012
774 posts
223 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Anker always has ongoing coupons for this stuff, so wouldn't be in a rush to buy it.
$20 off coupon...that's the deal
Sr. Member
Nov 4, 2015
642 posts
380 upvotes
Ontario
OttRFD wrote: $20 off coupon...that's the deal
I think what they're trying to say is that the "normal" price includes that $20 off coupon since the coupon is available most of the time.
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2012
774 posts
223 upvotes
RichRFD wrote: I think what they're trying to say is that the "normal" price includes that $20 off coupon since the coupon is available most of the time.
Commenting on the product - looks good. I tried the P2s, but just can't get used to the peen. It's this style or back to my Soundbuds Curve in my mind. If the Spirit Dot 2 were priced closer to the coupon-discounted P2, I would pick them up.

That's the game they play. With all the models they're selling, give it a year or two for these devices to be truly clearance discounted. I wouldn't count on it though, they seem to be very dialed in with their production, and there is very little to clear once they deprecate a model. At that point, it would be a difficult choice to buy the old model for $20 less than the new one. It seems like they've set up their pricing tiers, neutered and app-ified to build out a range of models, while continuing to make a better product. Count on technological deflation to drive better functionality to lower priced models.

Coupons here, affiliates on YouTube, and gaming amazon's search results is how they drive sales.

Let's not forget the effect of the recent fiscal stimulus, $ purchasing power is declining slowly.

Top