Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Anker USB-C Charger 65W GaN Slim Fast Wall Charger $46.74 Lightning Deal / Warm

[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
505 posts
1059 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker USB-C Charger 65W GaN Slim Fast Wall Charger $46.74 Lightning Deal / Warm

Warm lightning deal for those who need it now.
I do like that it's not a single brick that blocks off other outlets when plugged it.

About this item
High-Speed USB-C Charging: Charge USB-C notebooks including Dell XPS 13 and MacBook Air 2018 at full speed via a 45W USB-C port.
Charge 4 Devices Simultaneously: A PowerIQ 3.0 enabled USB-C port pumps out a max 45W output to charge virtually any USB-C device at top speed, while 3 USB ports share a total of 20W to provide optimized charging for mobile devices.
Ultra-Slim: By swapping out silicon for gallium nitride (GaN), we’ve been able to create one of our slimmest USB-C chargers—without compromising power.
Universal Compatibility: Anker's signature PowerIQ 3.0 technology provides high-speed charging to virtually any mobile device.
What You Get: PowerPort Atom III Slim (Four Ports) USB-C Charger (cable not included), 5 ft detachable power cord, adhesive strip, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1880 posts
4138 upvotes
Looks like it was $41.99 less than a month ago and has dropped to $38.99 at several points throughout last year.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1075 posts
772 upvotes
Calgary
fudge_u wrote: This RavPower 90W USB-C charger is $38.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09JWS1C82/
I thought ravpower was banned but looks exactly the same as the one I have. Guess it's a whack-a-mole type of situation?
Tip 1: Anybody can mark a deal as expired on the web. Instructions
Tip 2: You can search Google for "item name site:forums.redflagdeals.com" to find old/relevant threads. Instructions
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20887 posts
5464 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
cursayer wrote: Looks like it was $41.99 less than a month ago and has dropped to $38.99 at several points throughout last year.
I got it for the $38.49 price back in August. Really happy with the charger. Works great, and has a premium fit and feel.
With the current price inflation, I'd consider it even at this price, if I needed another charger.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Jan 9th, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Sep 18, 2021
709 posts
220 upvotes
Can someone recommend a good iphone iwatch airpod dock? or at least an iphone airpod?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12807 posts
11626 upvotes
Oil Country
hjkimbrian wrote: I thought ravpower was banned but looks exactly the same as the one I have. Guess it's a whack-a-mole type of situation?
They are banned, but I bought that charger for $35 a couple weeks ago and it turned out to be a RavPower charger. It's exactly the same as my other two RavPower 90W USB-C chargers and it came in the RavPower packaging.

The RavPower brand might be banned from Amazon, but that won't stop others from selling their products on Amazon. The listing doesn't even indicate the brand name, so it's not like Amazon can shutdown the seller.

For anyone wondering, brands like Aukey, RavPower, Chotech, Taotronic, etc were banned from Amazon for incentivized reviews. People would buy their products and receive a card or email from the seller indicating they would receive a gift card or something if they left a positive review. In my case I bought the RavPower charger for $38 last year, saw the card to receive a gift card for $35 if I left a positive review. I left a positive review and received the gift card a week or two later. I ended up paying about $3 for the charger. It's a pretty good charger too, because I still use them everyday (I purchased two last year).
RavPower.jpeg
Last edited by fudge_u on Jan 9th, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
505 posts
1059 upvotes
Thank you all for the suggestions and alternative solutions. Obviously not all lightning deals are good deals. I thought my wallet was safe with the Anker deal but with your suggestions I'm now worried about its safety. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3704 posts
1820 upvotes
Vancouver
Badder wrote: Thank you all for the suggestions and alternative solutions. Obviously not all lightning deals are good deals. I thought my wallet was safe with the Anker deal but with your suggestions I'm now worried about its safety. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Anker is probably the best of the 'off-brands' (similar to Monoprice) in terms of quality; they weren't swept up in the ban and are generally considered of good quality. I buy a lot of their stuff.

Aukey is a different company and was banned, though I have bought from a number of those banned companies and generally been ok (probably based on the number of positive reviews!).
Sep 18, 2021
709 posts
220 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: They are banned, but I bought that charger for $35 a couple weeks ago and it turned out to be a RavPower charger. It's exactly the same as my other two RavPower 90W USB-C chargers and it came in the RavPower packaging.

The RavPower brand might be banned from Amazon, but that won't stop others from selling their products on Amazon. The listing doesn't even indicate the brand name, so it's not like Amazon can shutdown the seller.

For anyone wondering, brands like Aukey, RavPower, Chotech, Taotronic, etc were banned from Amazon for incentivized reviews. People would buy their products and receive a card or email from the seller indicating they would receive a gift card or something if they left a positive review. In my case I bought the RavPower charger for $38 last year, saw the card to receive a gift card for $35 if I left a positive review. I left a positive review and received the gift card a week or two later. I ended up paying about $3 for the charger. It's a pretty good charger too, because I still use them everyday (I purchased two last year).

RavPower.jpeg
Do they still have the $35 gift?

Is the charger certified?? Even if it seems like it's built solidly, Is it worth it to safe a couple dollars on a charger that you can reuse 10 years along the line? After "rebate" you're only paying $3 for this. Black Question Mark Ornament
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3185 posts
4562 upvotes
Calgary
Badder wrote: Thank you all for the suggestions and alternative solutions. Obviously not all lightning deals are good deals. I thought my wallet was safe with the Anker deal but with your suggestions I'm now worried about its safety. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Costco sells Anker. If it’s good enough for Costco, it’s good enough for me.
Oct 3, 2008
83 posts
62 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Bishop8 wrote: Anker is probably the best of the 'off-brands' (similar to Monoprice) in terms of quality; they weren't swept up in the ban and are generally considered of good quality. I buy a lot of their stuff.

Aukey is a different company and was banned, though I have bought from a number of those banned companies and generally been ok (probably based on the number of positive reviews!).
been using anker products for years and have no issues. now im just waiting for a powerful enough gan charger that outputs at least 65W in a usbc port and in addition a few more use a/c ports so i can use it as a travel charger for all my devices and a laptop. theyre still quite expensive for now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6484 posts
3494 upvotes
Toronto
pprider wrote: Do they still have the $35 gift?

Is the charger certified?? Even if it seems like it's built solidly, Is it worth it to safe a couple dollars on a charger that you can reuse 10 years along the line? After "rebate" you're only paying $3 for this. Black Question Mark Ornament
The RavPower stuff I've bought in the past has all been certified. Example here: https://www.certipedia.com/certificates ... ?locale=en

Hard to say whether these "new" ones are certified without buying one as they have hidden all marks/model numbers in the photos presumably so Amazon doesn't realize it's the same RavPower product.
Sep 18, 2021
709 posts
220 upvotes
Manatus wrote: The RavPower stuff I've bought in the past has all been certified. Example here: https://www.certipedia.com/certificates ... ?locale=en

Hard to say whether these "new" ones are certified without buying one as they have hidden all marks/model numbers in the photos presumably so Amazon doesn't realize it's the same RavPower product.
Thanks! Do you identify certification via the model number or is there some sort of mark on it? I'm not sure how much it costs or if it's worth it to do so but can it be forged?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2374 posts
1653 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Bishop8 wrote: Anker is probably the best of the 'off-brands' (similar to Monoprice) in terms of quality; they weren't swept up in the ban and are generally considered of good quality. I buy a lot of their stuff.

Anker is a real quality brand now. They make good stuff and they stand by it.

Aukey is crap.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4019 posts
1112 upvotes
This one seems overpriced to me. And only one usb c port? I need something with 2-3 usb c ports. I want to change my laptop + phone +.misc (headphones) regular usb is also nice.

I own the ravpower 2 port usb c 95w works great. No issues.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16180 posts
3991 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
hjkimbrian wrote: I thought ravpower was banned but looks exactly the same as the one I have. Guess it's a whack-a-mole type of situation?
I have a feeling these new INUI, Rolvse are Aukey/ and RaVpower brands.

Ravpower made amazing chargers and I was actually disappointed to see them go.

Anker does the same shenanigans with paid promos, but executed well on channel strategy (aka retail stores), so Amazon hasn't booted them out.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6484 posts
3494 upvotes
Toronto
pprider wrote: Thanks! Do you identify certification via the model number or is there some sort of mark on it? I'm not sure how much it costs or if it's worth it to do so but can it be forged?
It can be forged (like mostly anything), but you can also look it up on the certifier's website (the one in the link is TUV Rheinland which is reputable). You can search by the brand/manufacturer and also model number in most cases.

My unofficial, personal opinion is that if a manufacturer has legitimate certifications for similar products, I'm mostly okay with it. I don't usually take the time to specifically make sure that exact model is on there. The vast, vast majority of chargers on Amazon, eBay etc. are made by companies that don't certify anything or worse, try to pass off non-safety related marks (FCC, CE, etc.) as safety certifications. Anything made by a company that generally has UL, CSA or TUV marks, I'd consider to be among the leading group.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)