Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Anker USB C Hub for MacBook, PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB C ($74.99 - 15% = $63.74)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2021 2:55 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2011
866 posts
385 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] Anker USB C Hub for MacBook, PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB C ($74.99 - 15% = $63.74)

The new all-time low for this Anker USB C hub for Macbooks.
Good to grab with for the latest MacBook with lots of people using the discount + airpods loophole.
27 replies
Jul 9, 2019
439 posts
1835 upvotes
Only con is that HDMI out is restricted to 4k@30

Edit: other option is also 4k@30
Aug 28, 2016
65 posts
91 upvotes
Functionality I look for is having output to 2 monitors from one hub.
This doesn’t support that (unless you have a thunderbolt monitor I think)
So you’d probably be better off buying one of the usb c hubs for $20ish since it’s the same stuff and keeps one of your usbc ports free.

If anyone is interested in getting two monitors onto their MacBook Air, get whatever anker usbc hub for one port and a straight HDMI to usbc adapter for the second port.
Aug 7, 2021
19 posts
81 upvotes
Used thunderbolt 3 docks can be had for about the same price on ebay, some with warranty still active. I'd recommend those over this, although please do your research first.
Sep 3, 2020
61 posts
75 upvotes
OscarWoah wrote: Functionality I look for is having output to 2 monitors from one hub.
This doesn’t support that (unless you have a thunderbolt monitor I think)
So you’d probably be better off buying one of the usb c hubs for $20ish since it’s the same stuff and keeps one of your usbc ports free.

If anyone is interested in getting two monitors onto their MacBook Air, get whatever anker usbc hub for one port and a straight HDMI to usbc adapter for the second port.
Just a friendly reminder. Some Macbook such as Macbook Air M1 only support one external monitor. Even if there was two HDMI ports on the hub only one would work. Did some search previously and the workaround looks to be Displaylink device (USB to things like HDMI).
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3634 posts
1790 upvotes
Ottawa
ValeDecem wrote: Just a friendly reminder. Some Macbook such as Macbook Air M1 only support one external monitor. Even if there was two HDMI ports on the hub only one would work. Did some search previously and the workaround looks to be Displaylink device (USB to things like HDMI).
Wut the puck. That seems ridiculous
Jan 14, 2018
12 posts
16 upvotes
i was looking in to getting one of these hub for my new Mac M1 Air. I came across this one at amazon today, wondering if the hub from Anker is better than this cheaper one from ZMUIPNG, can anyone please suggest? it doesn't look like it will be different other than the brand name.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07X1V ... EECT&psc=1
Oct 23, 2012
414 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal
dilshadsk wrote: i was looking in to getting one of these hub for my new Mac M1 Air. I came across this one at amazon today, wondering if the hub from Anker is better than this cheaper one from ZMUIPNG, can anyone please suggest? it doesn't look like it will be different other than the brand name.

also looking for one of these. this one seems to have 4.3 stars with 11K reviews so it should be ok. they seem to have one model with ethernet and one without.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3650 posts
852 upvotes
This thing is sweet the way it attaches. I am using a Lenovo docking station and works great.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5443 posts
2874 upvotes
West Vancouver
Are keyboards optional too on Macbooks ?
Jul 9, 2019
439 posts
1835 upvotes
I was so annoyed with lack of ports in new MacBooks and these Chinese hubs costing $100 and still lacking features. I went ahead and bought a M1 Mac mini with educational pricing and after returning AirPods it ended up costing me only $610+tax. Now I have 2 M1 machines, one I take out of the home with me and don’t bother carrying a dock or a dongle and one hooked up to a 4k 27” at home with lots of ports.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1705 posts
1041 upvotes
Center of the univer…
dilshadsk wrote: i was looking in to getting one of these hub for my new Mac M1 Air. I came across this one at amazon today, wondering if the hub from Anker is better than this cheaper one from ZMUIPNG, can anyone please suggest? it doesn't look like it will be different other than the brand name.

Anker would definitely be more reliable and trustworthy.. they are not really a small no name company anymore.. heck Google even recommends them
Jul 18, 2019
582 posts
1255 upvotes
North York ON
tossmy wrote: Used thunderbolt 3 docks can be had for about the same price on ebay, some with warranty still active. I'd recommend those over this, although please do your research first.
I haven't tried 4k but do currently run three FHD monitors out with three Chinese hubs out (2x UGREEN 1x Anker). Works flawlessly. Three hubs together provide power pass through, SD card readers, USB ports and an ethernet port.

Running on a 2018 model MacBook.
Aug 7, 2021
19 posts
81 upvotes
Keith1411 wrote: I haven't tried 4k but do currently run three FHD monitors out with three Chinese hubs out (2x UGREEN 1x Anker). Works flawlessly. Three hubs together provide power pass through, SD card readers, USB ports and an ethernet port.

Running on a 2018 model MacBook.
I'm glad you've found something that works for you, and for 1080p60 USB-C is fine. I'm just saying to others that if you find a good deal or for a little bit more you could have a more elegant, more future-proof solution but I understand that's not everyone's priority.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1718 posts
2225 upvotes
GTA
ValeDecem wrote: Just a friendly reminder. Some Macbook such as Macbook Air M1 only support one external monitor. Even if there was two HDMI ports on the hub only one would work. Did some search previously and the workaround looks to be Displaylink device (USB to things like HDMI).
Wait, WHAT?

Is this for real???
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7234 posts
7892 upvotes
Toronto
georgecantstandya wrote: Wait, WHAT?

Is this for real???
DisplayLink adapters have proven popular with M1 Macs, as they allow for multiple external displays to be connected. Officially, Apple says M1 Macs only support one external display (excluding the Mac mini, which can support a second display via HDMI).

DisplayLink Manager Updated With Native Support for M1 Macs and More

M1 Macs Able to Run Up to Six External Displays Using DisplayLink
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1718 posts
2225 upvotes
GTA
Dhanushan wrote: DisplayLink adapters have proven popular with M1 Macs, as they allow for multiple external displays to be connected. Officially, Apple says M1 Macs only support one external display (excluding the Mac mini, which can support a second display via HDMI).

DisplayLink Manager Updated With Native Support for M1 Macs and More

M1 Macs Able to Run Up to Six External Displays Using DisplayLink
Unbelievable that we live in 2021 and can’t have native multi monitor support from Apple.

Unreal
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2060 posts
937 upvotes
Antarctica
Would anyone be kind to recommend a USB hub or adapter for a MacBook with usbC ports to connect to an ultrawide monitor @ 3440x1440 and 120hz+? Would HDMI 2.0 do the trick or would it need to be display port only? In which case I may need a switch for the monitor connects to two machines. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2002
1027 posts
309 upvotes

I got this one from ZMUIPNG and it's been working flawlessly since April.. It gets hot but otherwise, works well: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08H5C ... UTF8&psc=1
Jan 13, 2018
125 posts
185 upvotes
Bincent wrote: I got this one from ZMUIPNG and it's been working flawlessly since April.. It gets hot but otherwise, works well: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08H5C ... UTF8&psc=1
Ditto. Got the same at half the price. Anker is ok but worth less than half the sale price. Plenty of better priced alternatives. Anker cannot command a premium, not anymore.