• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 7:20 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2014
188 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Anker USB C to Lightening Cable Powerline II+ braided 6ft $18.99

Anker USB-C to Lightening 6ft Braided MFI Certified - supports PD. 3ft also available fo $19.99. Both in Black.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JHT ... UTF8&psc=1
11 replies
Oct 21, 2015
566 posts
755 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A friendly reminder iPad 9"/10" does not support PD. So if you have one and looking to fast charging with this cable, it won't work.
Oct 28, 2004
317 posts
Toronto
Aww shucks. I bought the white 3ft non-nylon braided version yesterday for $16.99 ($20.99 - $4 coupon) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H27J698

Would have totally spent the extra $2 for this 6ft black nylon braided version.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1107 posts
974 upvotes
MARKHAM
I got the notification for it this morning as well. I bought this last year for full price around $30 (oddly the usb C to usb C are usually always around the $18 mark). Obviously I paid a lot at the time but I’ll pay the extra money for anker, they will usually give you a free replacement if the cable breaks for any normal reason. Plus it’s braided so you probably wont even need to contact them. The only time I’ve had anker cables die on me were the old crappy micro USB’s which broke for everyone regardless the brand. And 6ft is glorious, it might sound like overkill but it’s so convenient being able to use your phone comfortably while it’s charging no matter where you are on the bed. I wish i could find a 10ft anker braided usb c cable, I’m not sure if they make one but I’d buy it instantly.

TLDR: Buy this cable. Buy a pd charger. Enjoy super fast charging.
Jul 9, 2015
140 posts
100 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
GTrance wrote: Aww shucks. I bought the white 3ft non-nylon braided version yesterday for $16.99 ($20.99 - $4 coupon) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H27J698

Would have totally spent the extra $2 for this 6ft black nylon braided version.
You could cancel the order or return it.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16857 posts
4630 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
So tempted but also can't justify the $$ for my iphone XR when I am fine with 2.4A charging x5V (fairly quick). The ipad 2020 already has USB C.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17828 posts
10393 upvotes
Ottawa
weedb0y wrote: So tempted but also can't justify the $$ for my iphone XR when I am fine with 2.4A charging x5V (fairly quick). The ipad 2020 already has USB C.
Yeah, I don't see the point for just my phone....it's just another cable to have to carry around. My new iPad has USB-C. If they had a USB-C to Lightning adapter I could see myself using that.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
[OP]
Dec 23, 2014
188 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
i mainly use this when traveling (which doenst happen as much anymore) and also in my car for the kids in the back. Plus when at home it's an extra PD for my iphone as Im always on the go.
Nov 7, 2011
834 posts
874 upvotes
British Columbia
texasbruce wrote: A friendly reminder iPad 9"/10" does not support PD. So if you have one and looking to fast charging with this cable, it won't work.
So in other words. Apple's fault. Not the cords.