• Apr 19th, 2019 10:41 am
[OP]
May 28, 2007
225 posts
168 upvotes
CALGARY

[Amazon Canada] Anker USB-C Lightning cable $22.99

Brand new product finally available!
This is regular price, but if you have used Anker products before, you know this is the best cable you can get, and it’s cheaper than Apple’s cables.
Also, this is probably one of the very few 3rd party usb-c cable that will actually work properly with full speed data and fast charge.

So, if you’re current looking for one, this is the best deal available.
Anker $22.99
Apple $25.00

Note: you will also need a PD compatible USB-C power supply to fast charge
77 replies
Mar 4, 2009
105 posts
13 upvotes
Why the downvotes?

I can also vouch for Anker. Have been using their power banks, cables and car chargers for years now and they have all held up fantastically. I’d much rather have Anker cables over Apple’s own
Koodo - $40/8gb + 10gb
Rogers - Home Phone, Premier TV, Gigabit Internet
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4244 posts
533 upvotes
Is a "compatible with power delivery" cable really required for power delivery? Can any old dollar store usbc-lightning cable do it?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6092 posts
1788 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for sharing.

I was expecting a lower price when they announced third-party usb-c to lightning cables... I understand Anker needs to buy from Apple some parts, but still... not much savings at the time of purchase.

At least it's lifetime warranty from Anker for this specific cable...

Sidenote
Anker you must watch out because a lot of their cables are 18 month warranty, not lifetime. I had an Anker lightning cable that did not work well after that period and they are firm about their 18 month commitment and not more. They did offer me 20% off a purchase, YMMV...
Mar 25, 2009
716 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
$3 price difference is not good enough. Not a hot deal.
Feb 11, 2019
111 posts
83 upvotes
ON
cashinstinct wrote: Thanks for sharing.

I was expecting a lower price when they announced third-party usb-c to lightning cables... I understand Anker needs to buy from Apple some parts, but still... not much savings at the time of purchase.

At least it's lifetime warranty from Anker for this specific cable...

Sidenote
Anker you must watch out because a lot of their cables are 18 month warranty, not lifetime. I had an Anker lightning cable that did not work well after that period and they are firm about their 18 month commitment and not more. They did offer me 20% off a purchase, YMMV...
A couple other companies should have mfi usb c - lightning cables coming, but the savings in general are pretty mediocre, at least they shouldn’t instantly disintegrate like the OEM ones
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6700 posts
7012 upvotes
Everything that touches an Apple product is overpriced, because resellers know Apple owners will pay accordingly.

Go to eBay or AliExpress, this pricing is out to lunch.
Jun 15, 2018
429 posts
132 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 4:24 am
Is a "compatible with power delivery" cable really required for power delivery? Can any old dollar store usbc-lightning cable do it?
There are plenty of data only cables.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2434 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
May not be a hot deal but a great alternative. Personally will wait for a sale (which we all know is inevitable with anker). Thanks OP.
Dec 5, 2016
177 posts
220 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 7:36 am
Everything that touches an Apple product is overpriced, because resellers know Apple owners will pay accordingly.

Go to eBay or AliExpress, this pricing is out to lunch.
Are there reliable cables on there that will deliver the max 18W?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4278 posts
571 upvotes
Can someone recommend a charging brick that will fast charge?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1445 posts
825 upvotes
You have a $2000 phone, why use a $2 cable that might damage it? Spend the $20 on the $2000 phone lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6700 posts
7012 upvotes
shayne85 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 8:05 am
You have a $2000 phone, why use a $2 cable that might damage it? Spend the $20 on the $2000 phone lol
Damage it how exactly? The risk comes from the charger, not the cable. Look up cable-related incidents and phone brickings, they're exceptionally rare to non-existent. You're burning money over a mirage risk.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5014 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 8:10 am
Damage it how exactly? The risk comes from the charger, not the cable. Look up cable-related incidents and phone brickings, they're exceptionally rare to non-existent. You're burning money over a mirage risk.
I guess Benson was wrong then.