Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker USB-C to USB-C Thunderbolt 3.0 Fast Charging Cable (19.7 in) $23.99, And More on Amazon

[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
208 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Anker USB-C to USB-C Thunderbolt 3.0 Fast Charging Cable (19.7 in) $23.99, And More on Amazon

AnkerDirect-CA has selected products on sale listed below
Anker USB-C to USB-C Thunderbolt 3.0 Fast Charging Cable.jpg

Anker USB-C to USB-C Thunderbolt 3.0 Fast Charging Cable (19.7 in)

$29.99 - 20% OFF + ANKERPD9 = $23.99
amazon link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B076D76DRQ
Anker USB Type-C with Power Delivery 30W USB Wall Charger.jpg

Anker USB Type-C with Power Delivery 30W USB Wall Charger PowerPort Speed 1

$36.99 - 20% OFF + ANKERPD4 = $29.59
amazon link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06Y427WT7
Anker Premium 5-Port 60W USB Wall Charger.jpg

Anker Premium 5-Port 60W USB Wall Charger, USB-C with PD

$59.99 - 30% OFF + ANKERPD5 = $41.99
amazon link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072K5ZJXF
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 21st, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added retailer to title
23 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4461 posts
1920 upvotes
AB
cookedDeals wrote: Just curious, how did you find out about this sale? I was waiting for the 5-port charger to go on sale for months but it didn't, so I finally pulled the trigger on a (higher powered) RavPower just last week (which still goes for $44.99 after $5 coupon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078W5 ... UTF8&psc=1)
I got an email from Anker today about these items with coupon codes. Maybe the OP, too.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
208 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I subscribe to Anker newsletters. They primarily do US stuff, but their codes almost always work in Canada as long as the item is sold here.
Jun 16, 2008
871 posts
771 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Which one of the two is better?
The RAVPower I got charges at 45W through the USB-C port (confirmed on my Macbook), whereas the Anker is advertised at only 30W out of the USB-C port (but both are labeled as 60W chargers).
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1109 posts
561 upvotes
Thanks for the code, the 5-Port 60W USB Wall Charger seems pretty good.
Dec 18, 2013
337 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver
Is USB-C to USB-C a new standard, will the USB end be going away eventually?

Can you charge one iPhone from another with these??
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2459 posts
474 upvotes
teemaxx wrote: Is USB-C to USB-C a new standard, will the USB end be going away eventually?

iphones don't use USB-C
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1405 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
will charging at this output degrade my battery at a faster rate? i usually have fast cable charging turned off to avoid this.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
208 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
teemaxx wrote: Is USB-C to USB-C a new standard, will the USB end be going away eventually?

USB type C is just the connector shape, this cable is compatible with thunderbolt 3 so you can achieve max speeds if compatible.
If your laptop/computer does not have a thunderbolt 3 USB type c port, I guess it isn't necessary to buy this one, as there are other cables that are cheaper.

No, you cannot charge an iphone with this cable without buying more accessories.
AMVSQG wrote: will charging at this output degrade my battery at a faster rate? i usually have fast cable charging turned off to avoid this.
I have seen many of these concerns before, and it's ultimately up to you.

Do you plan on using this battery for 7 years?
If yes, then to answer your question, you need to keep heat to a minimal.
You should only be charging using the minimal number of amps required.
Minimum brightness at all times (to keep heat at a minimum).

You should also only have the battery between 30-80% charge to prolong battery life.

All very tedious things for not too much benefit.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19865 posts
680 upvotes
Shanghai, China
pswart wrote: No it's not. You need to apply the coupon codes.
I tried and I got an error message. You applied the codes in the last part of the checkout process right?
Mar 16, 2018
722 posts
813 upvotes
Hamilton
cluie29 wrote:
Minimum brightness at all times (to keep heat at a minimum).

You should also only have the battery between 30-80% charge to prolong battery life.

All very tedious things for not too much benefit.
That's a good point. Anyone fretting about battery health that plays games on their phone, or any application that heats up the internals, really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

You'd need a USB C to Lightning cable - only Apply makes these, but the price of the cable actually dropped by $10 yesterday. Apple is rumoured to be shipping a USB C fast charger with new phones soon.