• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2020 8:53 am
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
217 posts
312 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Anker Wireless Charger (10W Capable) $16

Please note this does not come with a charger.
If you want higher speeds, make sure you have a compatible AC charger.

Make sure to click "Apply CAD10.00 coupon" to get this promo.

Compared to the Samsung OEM or Apple ones, this is pretty risk-free if you wanted to try it.
Last edited by cluie29 on Jan 6th, 2020 10:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
45 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5565 posts
3496 upvotes
M-Arkham
trying to find some good 15W charger
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2197 posts
1317 upvotes
North Vancouver
Shows $16.99 after $9 coupon.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5498 posts
1816 upvotes
Toronto
For flagships, what is the max wattage for wireless charging typically? Say iphone 11 pro, pixel 4, s10... I thought it was higher than 10w?
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
217 posts
312 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sorry that was my bad math :facepalm:

EDIT: Please see screenshot in original post!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2121 posts
3012 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: For flagships, what is the max wattage for wireless charging typically? Say iphone 11 pro, pixel 4, s10... I thought it was higher than 10w?
iPhones - 7.5w.
Samsung - 12w
Pixel 4 - 11w
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1079 posts
550 upvotes
cluie29 wrote: Please note this does not come with a charger.
What does this mean exactly? A phone charger that does not come with a charger?
I see no AC adapter, what do one needs to make this work?
Since this would not work as is out of the box not sure it is much of a deal.
Dec 4, 2017
292 posts
267 upvotes
govas19 wrote: What does this mean exactly? A phone charger that does not come with a charger?
Would this work with a Pixel 3a?
OP and Amazon ad means AC adapter/wall plug is not included. You would have to buy a fast AC adapter to use this Anker charge pad.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1079 posts
550 upvotes
sunnykw2305 wrote: OP and Amazon ad means AC adapter/wall plug is not included. You would have to buy a fast AC adapter to use this Anker charge pad.
Ok I see, I need a usb plug & cable.
Nov 21, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
It seems like after iOS 13.1 most wireless chargers will only able to charge iPhones max at 5W. Only some of them can do 7.5 W like Benkin.
Also Anker had an upgraded version of this charger.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1229 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
govas19 wrote: Ok I see, I need a usb plug & cable.
You don't need to buy a cable - it comes with a cable. You don't necessarily need a plug either if you have something you can plug the USB end into. Many power bars have a USB port on them now, or for example, I have mine plugged into a USB port on my Thunderbolt dock for my laptop.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
217 posts
312 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For most people that don't know the difference between wall plug chargers (ie. Dollar store ones vs Qualcomm quickcharge ones), this product is probably not for you.

Essentially this is a wireless charging pad equivalent to Samsung's fast charging pad. (~$50 USD)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4995 posts
2969 upvotes
Toronto
cluie29 wrote: For most people that don't know the difference between wall plug chargers (ie. Dollar store ones vs Qualcomm quickcharge ones), this product is probably not for you.

Essentially this is a wireless charging pad equivalent to Samsung's fast charging pad. (~$50 USD)
People look for advice on products all the time and simply brushing them off as people who the product is not fit for is not helping anyone, these aren't obscure products that very few people will have any use for.
Aug 5, 2004
425 posts
8 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: For flagships, what is the max wattage for wireless charging typically? Say iphone 11 pro, pixel 4, s10... I thought it was higher than 10w?
I believe only Note10+ supports 15W rate using the official Samsung charger. All other Android phones will be 5W-12W depending on the model.
Mar 19, 2018
3 posts
For those who like charging with your case on
Anker
4.4 out of 5 stars 3,837Reviews
Anker Wireless Charger, PowerWave Pad Upgraded
CAD 27.99
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1079 posts
550 upvotes
cluie29 wrote: For most people that don't know the difference between wall plug chargers (ie. Dollar store ones vs Qualcomm quickcharge ones), this product is probably not for you.

Yeah. Only one phone can be charged at a time and I need to have a fast usb charging plug in order to use it. Considering that I can fast charge my phone with the manufacturer provided charger why should I pay $15 + tax for this?
Jun 5, 2008
83 posts
31 upvotes
Using the upgraded one from anker to fast charge my galaxy s10 plus with case on https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07THHQMHM/ref=emc_b_5_mob_t

Does not come with the actual power adapter, just the charging pad and USB cable. I used the adapter from a BLU phone that was fast charge capable. From my understanding as long as you have a power adapter that mentions 9V-2A you should have no issues with wireless fast charging with certain phones. Also not the input for this is micro USB. The cable that comes with this is microusb to full size USB.

Overall very satisfied with the purchase and fast charging without the need to be plugged in.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
217 posts
312 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The only thing this provides is convenience. If you are constantly on the go, you could see a minor benefit. But if this is just for the bedside, you probably won't see any benefit.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4995 posts
2969 upvotes
Toronto
cluie29 wrote: The only thing this provides is convenience. If you are constantly on the go, you could see a minor benefit. But if this is just for the bedside, you probably won't see any benefit.
That's not true, USB ports in phones are very prone to failure so this saves a lot of stress on the port.