Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker Wireless Charger, PowerPort Wireless 5 Stand (No AC Adapter) | $19.99 | Lightning Deal

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 11:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1144 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Anker Wireless Charger, PowerPort Wireless 5 Stand (No AC Adapter) | $19.99 | Lightning Deal

IMO, this is a pretty decent price for a standing wireless charger, that too from Anker.
Standing wireless chargers tend to be more on the expensive side vs. the lie-flat ones for some reason.
I tend to use the standing ones on my work desk or in the living room or kitchen. The bedroom has a lie-flat combo charger so it stays out of my way when we're winding down at the end of the day.

Anker is considered a leading brand for mobile power accessories. If you're not aware of Anker's reputation, suggest you search through the forum/google to form your opinion.

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Anker-Qi ... 0753Z4PGC/

According to Keepa, the price hasn't been this low in at least a year.

We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
42 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1191 posts
784 upvotes
Pickering
Thanks, OP. Placed the order.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Nov 6, 2012
184 posts
262 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Good price.
But this is only 5W charger and 15W are already widely available.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1144 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sdmeller wrote: Good price.
But this is only 5W charger and 15W are already widely available.
True. Depends on your use case though. If you just have the phone sitting at your desk, as I do, these make sense. If I want a faster charge, I just connect my phone to a cable. But that's just me.
15W chargers aren't universally compatible since the device has to support that (IIRC, but I could be wrong).
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4199 posts
1094 upvotes
Spending a little more on a fast charger to be more future-proof. I paid about the same for a "no-name" 15W charger. My phone (LG G7) has no issues fast charging.

I find that ever since I've moved to a magnetic USB port for charging, I use wireless charging much less. It's as convenient as wireless charging. I have magnetic adapters for power banks, and in the car.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14699 posts
2699 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
I love my $4 wireless dollarama charger. Works great with my iphone XR.
Jan 30, 2016
351 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've got this as my regular charger and recently hid 2 lay flat ones around the house. With the standup one, you'll always get it to charge when putting your phone on top of it as its hard to not align it correctly. but with the circle lay flat chargers, i find that i have to reposition my phone until i see the phone starting to charge.
Apr 19, 2019
48 posts
50 upvotes
Thanks! Been looking for a price drop on this for a while.
Sep 15, 2018
170 posts
31 upvotes
Anyone know if it’s true that the software on iPhones only allow wireless charging at 5 watts now? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6172 posts
5321 upvotes
Calgary
Kyle12345 wrote: Anyone know if it’s true that the software on iPhones only allow wireless charging at 5 watts now? Thanks.
No
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5227 posts
1460 upvotes
Toronto
If an Anker product is on sale, it means it's ancient. Like this item. 5W from 3 years ago.
Sep 15, 2018
170 posts
31 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Yup. Really.
Alright then...

I guess those articles were just putting out false information...