Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker wireless Qi Charger - 12.99 w/ Amazon Prime

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5194 posts
848 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker wireless Qi Charger - 12.99 w/ Amazon Prime

Amazon has the black Anker wireless Qi fast charger on sale for 12.99 if you have Prime membership. 14.99 without Prime.

This is a good price for a quality fast wireless charger with a great warranty/customer service.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07THHQMHM
32 replies
Jul 15, 2005
207 posts
103 upvotes
Scarborough
Is it just me, or did the price just go back up?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1163 posts
600 upvotes
GTA
You need to apply the $4 coupon
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3456 posts
5181 upvotes
Langley, BC
awesome, just ordered a few (separate orders)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3456 posts
5181 upvotes
Langley, BC
which charging bricks do you recommend for a good price?

these things need the QC3.0 for fast charging
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14630 posts
8782 upvotes
Southern Ontario
You could probably take the lid off, wire it to a PD USB-C under a centre console or somewhere else based on your vehicle, and make a wireless charger like I did (not mine, but same):

Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1056 posts
929 upvotes
MARKHAM
fengfeng wrote: Micro USB connection :( I’m out.
Are you planning on removing the micro usb cable from the charging unit frequently? Why does this even matter lol.

I’d rather Anker keeps prices lower instead of adding a more expensive and useless feature to a wireless charging device.
Last edited by moufasa on Apr 26th, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1950 posts
116 upvotes
Vaughan
Any good deal on a wall charger to power this wireless pad?
May 8, 2008
185 posts
230 upvotes
moufasa wrote: Are you planning on removing the micro usb cable from the charging unit frequently? Why does this even matter lol.

I’d rather Anker keeps prices lower instead of adding a more expensive and useless feature to a wireless charging device.
Because it’s 1 less cable to carry around. Also PD fast charging adapters use usb c connections so I prefer devices with that connection. The convertible stand style Samsung wireless charger for $19 was a better deal since it came with an adapter and the charger can be converted to both stand and flat style. It’s also usb c.
Jan 30, 2017
43 posts
76 upvotes
If anyone can give me advice I am super confused with all this PD and different charger talk.

From my understanding PD is basically only usb-C to usb-C, then there are different wattage support. For example phones only use up to 30-W so no point in getting more, but laptops can use up to 100-W. The cable and wall charger need to be picked according to this.

How much worst is a usb type a to usb type c charger ?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1056 posts
929 upvotes
MARKHAM
fengfeng wrote: Because it’s 1 less cable to carry around. Also PD fast charging adapters use usb c connections so I prefer devices with that connection. The convertible stand style Samsung wireless charger for $19 was a better deal since it came with an adapter and the charger can be converted to both stand and flat style. It’s also usb c.
Are you planning on carrying a wireless charging device around with you? This is mainly intended for convenience, not charging speed.

I carry one USB C cable in my bag and use it with my PD charger for all my devices when I’m not at home. They designed this device for 99% of people that will leave it on their desk/nightstand.

If micro usb is an issue then you bought the wrong device.
Mar 17, 2006
231 posts
283 upvotes
theman24 wrote: If anyone can give me advice I am super confused with all this PD and different charger talk.

From my understanding PD is basically only usb-C to usb-C, then there are different wattage support. For example phones only use up to 30-W so no point in getting more, but laptops can use up to 100-W. The cable and wall charger need to be picked according to this.

How much worst is a usb type a to usb type c charger ?
USB-C has max power throughput of 100W, where standard USB is 2.5W max. USB-C is way more futureproof, and has the potential to charge PD's about 30x faster.
May 8, 2008
185 posts
230 upvotes
moufasa wrote: Are you planning on carrying a wireless charging device around with you? This is mainly intended for convenience, not charging speed.

I carry one USB C cable in my bag and use it with my PD charger for all my devices when I’m not at home. They designed this device for 99% of people that will leave it on their desk/nightstand.

If micro usb is an issue then you bought the wrong device.
This makes no sense since I didn’t buy this charger and I explicitly explained why.

Also I like the convenience of using my existing USB C adapters. I mean like you said it’s all about convenience amirite? ;)