Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Mouse 30% off

[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
724 posts
548 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Mouse 30% off

Deal of the day at amazon and it's the all-time low for this vertical mouse.
You can certainly get similar price with other (less reputable) brands or going wired or ordering directly from China but this is a good deal.
If you're wondering why would you need a vertical mouse read this.
21 replies
Apr 15, 2008
103 posts
67 upvotes
I have this mouse and can vouch for it's performance. Good price!

Couple points about it's design/usability:
1) Not great for people with smaller hands.
2) You may knock it over from time to time given how tall it is.
3) Probably not the most accurate for serious gamers.
Feb 27, 2019
23 posts
34 upvotes
I had this mouse and all I can say is you get what you paid for. For $20 its a good entry in to the ergo mouse world, but the build quality is pretty low. The buttons on mine got all finicky after a few months.
Aug 20, 2020
10 posts
45 upvotes
wg49 wrote: I have this mouse and can vouch for it's performance. Good price!

Couple points about it's design/usability:
1) Not great for people with smaller hands.
2) You may knock it over from time to time given how tall it is.
3) Probably not the most accurate for serious gamers.
I have the same mouse and have been using it a couple of years now for work. I love it, all buttons work well and fits my hand.
Knocked it over several times, I am glad I am not the only one...
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1557 posts
916 upvotes
NOYB
Delux is a better brand for vertical mouse imo

Still a good deal
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

🖕 to the self righteous double standard fascist POS on this forum.
Jul 31, 2007
600 posts
452 upvotes
the tracking is horrible on this mouse, it does not move smoothly unless you have a really flat and smooth surface, I stopped using it
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2411 posts
743 upvotes
I own this mouse and purchased it while dealing with serious wrist and forearm tendonitis. It's ok but I felt like I had to constantly hold my arm up or put all the weight of it on the bottom of my palm near the wrist. The build quality is alright and the mouse is light for the $20. I switched back to logitech trackballs instead because I could get one for $40 instead of paying $100+ to try logitech's vertical mouse.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19662 posts
9114 upvotes
Oakville
johncraven wrote: the tracking is horrible on this mouse, it does not move smoothly unless you have a really flat and smooth surface, I stopped using it
Since most people are probably using this on a desk or table, that shouldn't be an issue. What surface were you using it on, out of curiosity?
Sep 12, 2015
48 posts
60 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
johncraven wrote: the tracking is horrible on this mouse, it does not move smoothly unless you have a really flat and smooth surface, I stopped using it
Was gonna get this and use it on my kid's sand table. I guess I will have to keep looking.
Nov 8, 2020
39 posts
25 upvotes
I've had mine for a couple years now and it's great. Receiver needs to be decently close but otherwise works great. Batteries last about 6 months or so.
Haven't had any issues with the buttons and I use it daily.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2473 posts
1659 upvotes
GTA
I have this mouse. It's "OK" at best as you really get what you pay for. My problem with it is the scroll wheel. Every time I use it it would go backwards and then forwards and was driving me crazy. Had to pay the Logitech price but at least it works well.
Jun 2, 2011
471 posts
449 upvotes
I had the original, left a meh review and anker sent me this newer one. Same dislike in both really, weighs nothing. And with such a vertical ergo hand position it needs to feel more substantial than a feather .
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1080 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
I have been using the sanwa wired vertical mouse for the last few months. Really comfy and great. The vertical set up is a lot more comfortable to me and closer to my natural wrist position. Didn't take long to get used to and is now my prefered mouse style.

The standard mouse set up makes my wrist really sore after some gaming or scrolling. Probably due to old injuries. The other day I set up my old Corsair M65 on the simracing setup and it felt weird as hell.
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Mar 20, 2013
51 posts
14 upvotes
Surrey
I've had this for about 2 months - works great and my muscle pain is much better. I'm sure it'll take longer for pain to completely disappear
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5641 posts
2465 upvotes
Toronto
spiralspirit wrote: I own this mouse and purchased it while dealing with serious wrist and forearm tendonitis. It's ok but I felt like I had to constantly hold my arm up or put all the weight of it on the bottom of my palm near the wrist. The build quality is alright and the mouse is light for the $20. I switched back to logitech trackballs instead because I could get one for $40 instead of paying $100+ to try logitech's vertical mouse.
How do you find the Logitech trackballs? Are they really more comfortable over a long period versus a traditional mouse?
Feb 7, 2010
51 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
I gave this vertical mouse a try when work from home started in March, but gave up after about 3 weeks of use.

Pros:
- If you have wrist pains, this will help alleviate it
- Inexpensive

Cons:
- Frustration with its design flaw and usability (you get what you paid for)
- When you attempt to click, you'll "pull the cursor" down slightly and likely miss click, due to the mouse being too light or not big enough. To compensate, it forces you to firm up your grip around the mouse to produce an accurate click.
- The vertical motion on my mouse is "slanted" when you move up and down; off by about 10 degrees; had to bend my wrist inward to correct it or compensate your vertical mouse movement accordingly. But doing so becomes more awkward because with a vertical mouse, you rely less on your wrist mobility and more on your arm mobility for mouse movement.

I recommend spending more and get an Evolouent vertical mouse (what I use for work for past 9+ years).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5933 posts
321 upvotes
Quebec
they last about 2 years. fall down constantly lol and eventually stop working. i use the wired version now
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2005
1578 posts
321 upvotes
North York
For $20 you can't go wrong. I have this and an Evoluent ergo mouse and the Evoluent is far superior to this Anker however it is also 6 times the money.