Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anki Overdrive: Fast & Furious Edition it's back: $34.95 Lowest price ever

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2019 1:15 am
[OP]
Jan 3, 2019
21 posts
72 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Anki Overdrive: Fast & Furious Edition it's back: $34.95 Lowest price ever

The kit is $34.95 (Lowest price ever)

Maybe this is the last time to get it, according to this info:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/29/anki-robotics-shutdown/
Images
  • 81LbGNcG24L._SL1500_.jpg
24 replies
Apr 25, 2017
758 posts
611 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wow, it's back again! so tempted to get another one
Oct 5, 2008
581 posts
646 upvotes
GTA
Q: do you need to have one smart phone in use for each car you're racing at a given time?

edit: answer on the page - "System Requirements : Each player must have a compatible iOS or Android Device. Wifi is required when using both iOS and Android devices."
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1004 posts
1067 upvotes
Toronto
No idea what this is, but might as well pick up 2 for Christmas LOL
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2257 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
can you buy 2 sets, and combine the 2 tracks and use the 4 cars on the same tracks?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1308 posts
3046 upvotes
vpower wrote: can you buy 2 sets, and combine the 2 tracks and use the 4 cars on the same tracks?
Yes there is just one piece you can't double uo
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1975 posts
1735 upvotes
Toronto
It looks fun. Every thread I'm tempted to buy. Guess the time has come.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3159 posts
1671 upvotes
vpower wrote: can you buy 2 sets, and combine the 2 tracks and use the 4 cars on the same tracks?
Might want to download the app now and save it as the company is going out of business - so no guarantee that the app will be available next Christmas.

On a similar note - is there a way to download and save the app (from google play and apple) so have it saved locally for any future phone or ipod purchases? I have 2 of these sets (love them) and don't want them to turn into junk without access to the app.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2082 posts
738 upvotes
flyer12 wrote: Might want to download the app now and save it as the company is going out of business - so no guarantee that the app will be available next Christmas.

On a similar note - is there a way to download and save the app (from google play and apple) so have it saved locally for any future phone or ipod purchases? I have 2 of these sets (love them) and don't want them to turn into junk without access to the app.
Oh crap! I didn't know that. I have two sets I bought last Christmas. The kids used it only a few times. I would hate to think they will become useless without the app.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3205 posts
2988 upvotes
LOL ...the deal that always come back ..... LOWER AND LOWER
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3205 posts
2988 upvotes
flyer12 wrote: Might want to download the app now and save it as the company is going out of business - so no guarantee that the app will be available next Christmas.

for iOS, there should be a way to back it up on iTunes ....
[OP]
Jan 3, 2019
21 posts
72 upvotes
Montreal

iTunes by default doesn’t allow you to access the App Store (they removed the option after a while). For Apple devices, download this iTunes (Select the right version according to your computer):

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208079

This version allows you to download apps from the App Store (The Mac version doesn’t work with macOS Mojave)

Good option if you want to download your apps as a backup just in case.
Dec 28, 2011
877 posts
428 upvotes
Victoria
I am not sure about this deal. I'm concerned about the app and Anki going out of business. Any thoughts? It's useless without the app and it probably needs updates over time.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1056 posts
746 upvotes
Westmount, QC
the app should work as long the device can support it.
In long term, it'll be obsoleted (and unusable).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5083 upvotes
ON
This would be something that would benefit from Amazon's warranty knowing the company is defunct and they will not offer any assistance with issues.
Oct 15, 2012
93 posts
102 upvotes
CALGARY
Thanks OP, ordered one from the last sale and the kids have been loving it and have been asking for more cars. Ordered another to expand the track and just have to figure out how to label the cars so they can distinguish them.