Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Anthem Xbox One $23.31

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2019 4:45 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1139 posts
281 upvotes
This is a terrible game, please save your money.

It was released in a unfinished state and now left to die.
Nov 22, 2013
622 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
Clee wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 3:03 pm
is this game better on Console or PC?
I prefer The Division on console, but Destiny 2 on PC
It is good casual fun like the Destiny games are. Get it.
Nov 26, 2018
41 posts
22 upvotes
PEI
Could be/should be a good game but it only had a year or so of actual development before release so what's out is an unfinished game with a terrible loot system and no end game.

I wouldn't bother buying this as it will only get cheaper and like others have said, the player base is very small and match making is minimal due to everyone giving up on the game.
Mar 13, 2012
808 posts
388 upvotes
Near You
"On sale" for 23.31, which is at least 23.31 more than you should pay for such a garbage product.

Honestly the game is not worth the time it takes for you to install.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2526 posts
754 upvotes
Da boot
Clee wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 3:03 pm
is this game better on Console or PC?
I prefer The Division on console, but Destiny 2 on PC
It's better on the shelf.
Apr 27, 2017
24 posts
19 upvotes
Paid $20 for 1 month EA premiere subscription on PC instead of pre-ordering the game after watching people play the preview weekend. I put about 22 hours into the game until I gave up on end game loot farming. EA's goal isn't satisfaction, its subscription. Combat was the best part but everything else was so half assed and unsatisfying it felt like going to walmart and buying a Mitsubishi TV how easily I confused the Bioware branding that sold me on the game.

I've missed alot of balance patches, so this could be a big reach. Because maybe they have fixed what players had to Q&A test.

But in this rant, I promise!. If you like anything Bioware made before ME:Andromeda; you'll hate the voice acting, you'll hate the town, you'll hate the disparity between E3 narrative vs live, you'll never see character development, you'll hate facial animations, you'll hate loading screens, you'll hate match making, and you'll hate the gating mechanics EA will pull to make people justify a origin premiere subscription.

You'll see cataclysm promo videos where they slap a blue filter on a screen after you leave a bubble and make cataclysm look like 40km/h winds. I fully expect EA to go dark on updates and give it the ME:A treatment, the same way Battlefront 2 was instantly put into coasting mode. They made a big fuss about "don't compare us to Destiny" and its because Destiny did a better job out of the gate.
Mar 25, 2019
41 posts
24 upvotes
JurassicFlop wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 2:41 pm
Paid $20 for 1 month EA premiere subscription on PC instead of pre-ordering the game after watching people play the preview weekend. I put about 22 hours into the game until I gave up on end game loot farming. EA's goal isn't satisfaction, its subscription. Combat was the best part but everything else was so half assed and unsatisfying it felt like going to walmart and buying a Mitsubishi TV how easily I confused the Bioware branding that sold me on the game.

I've missed alot of balance patches, so this could be a big reach. Because maybe they have fixed what players had to Q&A test.

But in this rant, I promise!. If you like anything Bioware made before ME:Andromeda; you'll hate the voice acting, you'll hate the town, you'll hate the disparity between E3 narrative vs live, you'll never see character development, you'll hate facial animations, you'll hate loading screens, you'll hate match making, and you'll hate the gating mechanics EA will pull to make people justify a origin premiere subscription.

You'll see cataclysm promo videos where they slap a blue filter on a screen after you leave a bubble and make cataclysm look like 40km/h winds. I fully expect EA to go dark on updates and give it the ME:A treatment, the same way Battlefront 2 was instantly put into coasting mode. They made a big fuss about "don't compare us to Destiny" and its because Destiny did a better job out of the gate.
The problem isn't Anthem, it's the genre. The whole concept of a Loot shooter is cancerous and predatory, people grind an open world for hours and hours there's no need for voice acting/animated cutscenes/Lore , you and everyone who complains about the game knew exactly what it was and still decided to throw money at it sub or buy. It's the same thing with destiny and division. the sad part is all three games have a beautiful premise and world, if only they were linear story driven shooters or a fallout like rpg with the same setting they would be best sellers. I wouldn't buy any sort of loot shooters. they should be free to play imho.
Aug 24, 2017
28 posts
73 upvotes
Just play Warframe for free. WAYYYY better value.
Nov 22, 2013
622 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
After considering ARK Evolved and playing it on console last night and I honestly don't care if it is easier to play on pc I'd rather play Anthem as jet packing around alone was more fun than anything I did in ARK Evolved. Talk about a clunky interface, crafting being screwy in a sense .... Ugggghhh! Give me Anthem and I am glad to say I got a copy from the Best Buy deal that is headed my way and is to be here by the 7th I believe. Already got to other games ahead of it that are really good but want my Anthem.

Update: Looks like I am going to get it sooner. Always love it when companies get this done.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Jul 2nd, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3902 posts
2064 upvotes
Edmonton
vjbharadwaj wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 9:26 am
The problem isn't Anthem, it's the genre. The whole concept of a Loot shooter is cancerous and predatory, people grind an open world for hours and hours there's no need for voice acting/animated cutscenes/Lore , you and everyone who complains about the game knew exactly what it was and still decided to throw money at it sub or buy. It's the same thing with destiny and division. the sad part is all three games have a beautiful premise and world, if only they were linear story driven shooters or a fallout like rpg with the same setting they would be best sellers. I wouldn't buy any sort of loot shooters. they should be free to play imho.
The genre itself isn't the problem, it's the execution. I've had tons of fun with Borderlands 1 and 2. They have enjoyable stories with decent writing and interesting characters, and the games never really felt grindy. I am definitely planning to buy Borderlands 3 when it comes out later this year.