• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 1:36 pm
[OP]
Jun 7, 2013
373 posts
327 upvotes
Mascouche

[Amazon.ca] ANYCUBIC Wash and cure machine 300CAD

If you have an SLA 3D printer and wants a wash and cure machine, you can get ANYCUBIC's device for 300$, no tax, with shipping from Amazon.ca, ANYCUBIC have their marketplace in there also.

You have to apply a coupon, it is a check box on the item's page. Other printers have also coupons right now.

Since the company do not have stock in the canadian warehouse (I contacted them about this device recently..), buying it right now from Amazon.ca is a good / best option. Normally the device sells for 169USD but right now we have to pay 80USD to import it, with the 20-30 day shipping delay.

I went ahead and ordered from Amazon.ca, I m supposed to get the device this week.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29040 posts
14589 upvotes
I get it that only like 3 people on here (me included) would ever need this, but I have to wonder why it's so expensive.

Since most people that buy 3D printers are tinkerers you could probably build something like this for $100.
A magnetic stirrer is like $40. A bucket that it fits can't be more than $10.
UV LEDs are cheap. Driving them isn't too bad either.
Those solar powered turntables probably aren't a match for this, but you could rig up something stronger for not much more.

I don't know... I just don't see the value.
$200 so I don't have to do it? Sure.
$300? Not so much.

Also you're using like 3L of alcohol. That alone is like $15.
I have a bucket that's around the same build volume I bought from Dollarama for $2.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jul 7, 2017
76 posts
78 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I get it that only like 3 people on here (me included) would ever need this, but I have to wonder why it's so expensive.

Since most people that buy 3D printers are tinkerers you could probably build something like this for $100.
A magnetic stirrer is like $40. A bucket that it fits can't be more than $10.
UV LEDs are cheap. Driving them isn't too bad either.
Those solar powered turntables probably aren't a match for this, but you could rig up something stronger for not much more.

I don't know... I just don't see the value.
$200 so I don't have to do it? Sure.
$300? Not so much.

Also you're using like 3L of alcohol. That alone is like $15.
I have a bucket that's around the same build volume I bought from Dollarama for $2.
I agree. I don't really get the point. If you have the money to spend I suppose it's convenient. But I've found any old sealed container, a toothbrush, and a cheap UV light totally sufficient.
Dec 30, 2019
26 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
Bjordd wrote: I agree. I don't really get the point. If you have the money to spend I suppose it's convenient. But I've found any old sealed container, a toothbrush, and a cheap UV light totally sufficient.
I bought one of these when Anycubic had them on sale directly a while back. I have had a Photon Resin printer for almost 3 years now and used home brew methods over that time and none were particularly cumbersome or problematic. I had to switch out some dollar store plastic containers as 99% IPA caused some degradation of the plastic. The solution I used most (and still use sometimes for small stuff) with was an ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner and UV nail curing light setup (both $5 at Value Village). That said if you have the $ to spend the Anycubic wash station is quite well made and saves time and mess, particularly for larger models. The clips for the build plate are mostly helpful and the wash cycle does a very good job with either IPA or a cleaning product like LA's Totally Awesome (probably a bit better than my cheap ultrasonic and way better than manual cleaning). I would buy it again but do you really need it to get the job done - no.