• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 2:12 pm
[OP]
Sep 7, 2014
680 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] AOC CQ32G1 31.5" QHD Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor $468

Was looking for a gaming monitor that is curved. Came across this deal. Not sure if its a Good deal or if its ecen good to get curved and 32" for gaming. But still seems a good reviewed monitor giving AOC warranty.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 17th, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated to Amazon Canada
25 replies
[OP]
Sep 7, 2014
680 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
daviiiiiid wrote: Image

Not so "frameless"..
Would you recommend it for gaming? Giving the big screen size and curve?
Nov 20, 2017
479 posts
700 upvotes
aljudeh wrote:
Would you recommend it for gaming? Giving the big screen size and curve?
Yes. Fast response time, 144hz with FreeSync, and the curve is really nice as long as you make sure you position your head/monitor so the curve doesn't warp what you're seeing (you get a sort of panorama effect).

And lowest according to CCC.
Images
  • upload.png
Last edited by prodacc on Oct 17th, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 14, 2017
617 posts
903 upvotes
Vancouver
Seems like a great deal but I think 32" is too big. I feel like you wouldn't be able to see half the screen sitting at a normal desk.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3294 posts
1832 upvotes
Calgary
RedFlagCrake wrote: Seems like a great deal but I think 32" is too big. I feel like you wouldn't be able to see half the screen sitting at a normal desk.
not a hardcore gamer but wouldn't this size be just purrrfect for 2/4k gaming? lots & lotsa detail for sure.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14359 posts
4935 upvotes
London
I'm pretty sure this is on sale for the same price at staples - 10% as well

Edit: nevermind sale is over
Nov 14, 2017
617 posts
903 upvotes
Vancouver
scotsum wrote: not a hardcore gamer but wouldn't this size be just purrrfect for 2/4k gaming? lots & lotsa detail for sure.
For FPS games there is a limit of how close you can be to a screen before you start losing screen to your peripheral vision. Like a 55" TV for example, you should be sitting at least 5 feet away from it or you will be missing details at the edges of the screen. And if you're prone to motion sickness like me, it may cause dizziness or nausea if you're closer than that.

So my concern is with a 32", sitting 2-2.5 feet away might not be enough.
Jun 25, 2018
71 posts
116 upvotes
For what it is it is a very reasonable price. But black Friday is like a month away you might want to wait.
[OP]
Sep 7, 2014
680 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
WilliamH85600 wrote: For what it is it is a very reasonable price. But black Friday is like a month away you might want to wait.
That's what not letting me pull the trigger on that. I will wait or might place the order within 30 days of BF.
Dec 10, 2005
579 posts
208 upvotes
prodacc wrote: Yes. Fast response time, 144hz with FreeSync, and the curve is really nice as long as you make sure you position your head/monitor so the curve doesn't warp what you're seeing (you get a sort of panorama effect).

And lowest according to CCC.
Do you find the brightness lacking? The rating on this panel seems a bit low, which can result in dull looking colors - just like in your pic.
Nov 12, 2014
274 posts
205 upvotes
Brampton, ON
RedFlagCrake wrote: For FPS games there is a limit of how close you can be to a screen before you start losing screen to your peripheral vision. Like a 55" TV for example, you should be sitting at least 5 feet away from it or you will be missing details at the edges of the screen. And if you're prone to motion sickness like me, it may cause dizziness or nausea if you're closer than that.

So my concern is with a 32", sitting 2-2.5 feet away might not be enough.
Spoken like a true gamer. Kudos!
Jun 25, 2018
71 posts
116 upvotes
aljudeh wrote: That's what not letting me pull the trigger on that. I will wait or might place the order within 30 days of BF.
Im also in the market for a couple monitors but looking for something slightly larger with gsync. This is a great monitor for the price.
[OP]
Sep 7, 2014
680 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Larger than 32"? It will be wall mounted then or u will be watching from a distance, right?
Jan 5, 2018
50 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aljudeh wrote: Was looking for a gaming monitor that is curved. Came across this deal. Not sure if its a Good deal or if its ecen good to get curved and 32" for gaming. But still seems a good reviewed monitor giving AOC warranty.
If you are looking for a curved gaming monitor or even just a great gaming monitor AOC CQ32G1 is an excellent choice. It comes with 3 years no dead pixel warranty too. Review here - https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/aoc/140 ... ng-monitor
Nov 20, 2017
479 posts
700 upvotes
vortex240 wrote: Do you find the brightness lacking? The rating on this panel seems a bit low, which can result in dull looking colors - just like in your pic.
I don't own it myself, just using specs and my own experience with a different curved monitor (HP 27x).

In my experience, colour issues (apart from max panel brightness) can be fixed with proper calibration. There are guides online that show you images for you to calibrate the best profile for your monitor, and often monitors in-store aren't calibrated properly (helps associates sell the more expensive TVs/monitors).
Nov 20, 2017
479 posts
700 upvotes
Hitnake wrote: No vesa mount?
I guarantee you, if you click on the link and then briefly look at the posting, it will 100% answer your question.