Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] APC Back UPS Pro BX1500M Compact Tower 1500VA - $159.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2020 10:26 pm
[OP]
Member
Mar 8, 2013
330 posts
549 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] APC Back UPS Pro BX1500M Compact Tower 1500VA - $159.99

59 replies
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 3, 2020
94 posts
87 upvotes
Just cancelled my order from Black Friday where this was 184. Thanks OP
Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2017
339 posts
372 upvotes
I'd buy this but I'll hold out for one day a deal like the pure sinewave cyberpower for $169 that came last year. I don't care that much, since I'd use this one for non computer stuff, but I also worry that if I chose to say not use it the batteries would die. Does anyone know how batteries on these things work? Are we recieving mostly new production units of these, and or if left unused do the batteries keep for awhile?
Member
Apr 11, 2011
291 posts
178 upvotes
Montreal
warning : reviews are so so for this unit, many report problems
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2596 posts
1223 upvotes
Surrey
Two died on me. Where they willl shutdown for no reason
Newbie
Jan 3, 2018
42 posts
11 upvotes
Thinking about buying this but I hate that all the sockets are on the back. Currently have the 850 model and plug things into the top a lot when testing devices
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
19489 posts
6651 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I'll only buy UPS from a local store where I can inspect the boxes and pick one that wasn't manufactured 2 years ago with a battery already on it's last legs from extended discharge.
I don't rust Amazon AT ALL with this stuff and it will end up being a big waste of time.
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2020
302 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: I'll only buy UPS from a local store where I can inspect the boxes and pick one that wasn't manufactured 2 years ago with a battery already on it's last legs from extended discharge.
I don't rust Amazon AT ALL with this stuff and it will end up being a big waste of time.
But, then it won't be on sale. I bought a Cyberpower UPS a couple years ago off of Amazon, the battery doesn't hold too much charge now after all these years, but it's still good. I'm tempted to pick this up as a replacement.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2812 posts
2653 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
daiel wrote: Is this any better than the Cyberpower LX1500GU-FC being sold at BestBuy right now?
I’ve google for specific comparisons between these 2 models, but I couldn’t find anything.
Its both their common units. If you read the reviews on APC there's bad ones too, and I'm sure if you do googling you can find bad reviews on the cyber power.. I will say that I think the APC is more popular and I'm tempted to cancel my BB order just to get it arriving quicker via amazon lol.

I'm pretty sure amazon won't take returns on batteries (iirc) whereas Best Buy will.
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2020
302 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Meh I ordered as an impulse buy. Thanks OP!
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2006
1819 posts
390 upvotes
Thornhill
DrummGunner wrote: Thinking about buying this but I hate that all the sockets are on the back. Currently have the 850 model and plug things into the top a lot when testing devices
I used these for outlets on the back of UPS. I put a little flag label at the end of the cords so I know where they plug into

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00CEJW0WQ/ref ... extensions

Pretty sure u can find them cheaper else where. This is just an example. I used these on all power bars also especially when u get a power supply that occupies 2-3 outlets
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2020
302 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
cruisn76 wrote: I used these for outlets on the back of UPS. I put a little flag label at the end of the cords so I know where they plug into

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00CEJW0WQ/ref ... extensions
That's one expensive accessory. You could just connect a cheap power bar to the back of one of the plugs at the back instead.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Newbie
Jan 3, 2018
42 posts
11 upvotes
cruisn76 wrote: I used these for outlets on the back of UPS. I put a little flag label at the end of the cords so I know where they plug into

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00CEJW0WQ/ref ... extensions

Pretty sure u can find them cheaper else where. This is just an example. I used these on all power bars also especially when u get a power supply that occupies 2-3 outlets
Thanks. Seems pretty expensive though.
Member
User avatar
Apr 20, 2017
231 posts
300 upvotes
Montreal
If you don’t need it now and are a Costco member, it’s better to wait for their 1500VA to go on sale. It has been on special at 159$ before, higher battery capacity and its a better unit overall.

https://www.costco.ca/apc-back-ups-pro- ... 16110.html
Last edited by contva on Nov 30th, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
most things haven't worked out
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2006
1819 posts
390 upvotes
Thornhill
NuBz0r wrote: That's one expensive accessory. You could just connect a cheap power bar to the back of one of the plugs at the back instead.
DrummGunner wrote: Thanks. Seems pretty expensive though.
Just an example. U can them cheaper. Plus they don’t recommend plugging power bars into ups’s
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2020
302 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
contva wrote: If you don’t need it now and are a Costco member, it’s better to wait for their 1500VA to go on sale. It has been on special at 159$ before, higher battery capacity and its a better unit overall.

https://www.costco.ca/apc-back-ups-pro- ... 16110.html
Isn't that the same exact capacity for battery?

It does have the following extras though:
  • 2 USB charging ports: 1 x Type-C, 1 x Type-A
  • Large LCD display
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2020
302 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
cruisn76 wrote: Plus they don’t recommend plugging power bars into ups’s
I've done it for the longest time, never had any issues.
Last edited by NuBz0r on Nov 30th, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Top