• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2021 6:08 pm
[OP]
Sep 6, 2006
509 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Apple AirPods w/charging case $158

Last edited by TomRFD on May 4th, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailers
56 replies
Aug 8, 2010
269 posts
175 upvotes
Quebec
Can anyone comment one the fact that they suck while in in a pocket, especially in cold weather? Cutting off, static, etc...
Jul 13, 2011
552 posts
272 upvotes
Ottawa
jslabonte wrote: Can anyone comment one the fact that they suck while in in a pocket, especially in cold weather? Cutting off, static, etc...
not sure what you mean about "in a pocket", but I havent expérienced cold weather issues.
Jul 19, 2008
77 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
jslabonte wrote: Can anyone comment one the fact that they suck while in in a pocket, especially in cold weather? Cutting off, static, etc...
Yes, I can imagine you can’t hear anything from them while they’re in your pocket and not on your ears.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1236 posts
230 upvotes
GTA
Airpods alone made me stay in the Apple ecosystem, and some.
Oct 6, 2020
272 posts
474 upvotes
How can they cut out if they are in your pocket? lol...
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5787 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
OracerO wrote: Airpods alone made me stay in the Apple ecosystem, and some.
You can use them on any phone no problem, don't need an iPhone.
Nov 29, 2003
356 posts
95 upvotes
North York
fightbriz wrote: You can use them on any phone no problem, don't need an iPhone.
Their ability to switch to my iPhone or iPad (based on usage - no BT connecting) is a phenomenal future.

I dunno if I would pay the Apple Tax otherwise.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1273 posts
753 upvotes
Waterloo
Been using AirPods since December, and doing a lot of walking around these last few months in lockdown in the cold. No issues at all.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5787 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
Elessar wrote: Their ability to switch to my iPhone or iPad (based on usage - no BT connecting) is a phenomenal future.

I dunno if I would pay the Apple Tax otherwise.
I thought that's for Airpod Pro only?
Nov 23, 2018
625 posts
211 upvotes
Markham ON
Pretty good deal
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Aug 13, 2020
251 posts
783 upvotes
Really good price. Had a promo offer to use my TD points and got these for basically nothing
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1074 posts
578 upvotes
Manitoba
Should be a bit cheaper at Costco warehouse, yes? Tempted at this price.
Jun 14, 2017
302 posts
224 upvotes
Montreal
I had issues with this with the first generation ones, but the stability on the second gen is nearly flawless!
1 spot available in my AT&T group buy: 15GB Can+Us+Mex for around $24USD/Month. PM me for details.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1966 posts
389 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: I thought that's for Airpod Pro only?
No, anything with a W1 chip or whatever the newer version is.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Dec 16, 2009
366 posts
122 upvotes
OracerO wrote: Airpods alone made me stay in the Apple ecosystem, and some.
LOL. I think, if you are willing to wear airpods, you were never at risk of leaving apple.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1434 posts
1243 upvotes
lmao
Tarro wrote: Yes, I can imagine you can’t hear anything from them while they’re in your pocket and not on your ears.
Mar 18, 2018
15 posts
15 upvotes
be aware, it looks like only the source is selling the 2nd gen version, the rest seems like are all 1st gen

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)