Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Apple HomeKit Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, Compat w/ Siri, Alexa & Google, No Hub Needed, Remote Control • $50.99

[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22110 posts
16716 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Amazon.ca] Apple HomeKit Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, Compat w/ Siri, Alexa & Google, No Hub Needed, Remote Control • $50.99

Apple HomeKit Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, Compatible with Siri, Alexa & Google Assistant, No Hub Needed, Remote Control

COMPTIBILITY: It is compatible with most major garage door opener in the market. Scroll down and check your model compatibility in the "Technical Specification - Installation Manual". NO MONTHLY FEE or HIDDEN FEES.
SMART CONTROL: Open, close, check door status, receive just within your eHomeLife iOS / android App. Works with Apple Homekit, Apple Watch, Siri, Alexa and Google Assistant.
ALERTS: Stay alert by different notification modes, which remind you close the garage door (overtime and overnight notifications) or keep you update with the door status.
EASY INSTALLATION: Just much easier than you think, all you need to do is following the user manual or app guide.
HIGH STABILITY: High sensitivity sensor, reliable connection and quality, any problem just contact our support team, we’ll glad to help you.

Notes:
1. Even though it says Apple Homekit in the title, this is compatible with all the other usual suspects as well as both iOS and Android apps.
2. Price is lowest ever according to 3C Amazon Price History. This is cheaper than the non-Apple HK version.

veni, vidi, Visa
Thread Summary
Not quite what you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best garage door openers!
99 replies
Apr 25, 2017
764 posts
617 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Not to hijack the thread but i bought a similar one, worked like a charm.
Sep 28, 2015
716 posts
542 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Anyone know how does this work? Ideally it should come with a sensor that actually knows if the garage door is open, instead of being just an on-off switch.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33546 posts
7225 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Please note

If anyone has a recent Chamberlain or Liftmaster garage door opener with a yellow or purple learn button, this unit will not work.

The best way to get this to work is to use spare remote and wire the unit directly to the remote instead of the garage door opener itself
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22110 posts
16716 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Gee wrote: Please note

If anyone has a recent Chamberlain or Liftmaster garage door opener with a yellow or purple learn button, this unit will not work.

The best way to get this to work is to use spare remote and wire the unit directly to the remote instead of the garage door opener itself
According to the listing they'll send a free "accessory" to those who have such units:

veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33546 posts
7225 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
warmdeals wrote: Anyone know how does this work? Ideally it should come with a sensor that actually knows if the garage door is open, instead of being just an on-off switch.
Usually there is some sort of reed switch that can be attached to these units that indicate if the door is open or closed.
bylo wrote: According to the listing they'll send a free "accessory" to those who have such units:

Good to know. Thanks

The only problem I have with these type of units is that you have to connect to a third party server (usually in China). This gives them access to your garage. If you ever take these apart, they are very simple units. It’s just a WiFi chip, a micro controller and a relay.

I have instructions on how to build your own in my Home Automation thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3315 posts
2151 upvotes
GTA
Tempted to buy this despite the fact that my Liftmaster opener is MyQ enabled.

The app is pure dog shit and continues to get worse and worse with each iteration.
Jul 6, 2014
209 posts
210 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Looks like a “spin off “ of Meross.
Nov 10, 2016
31 posts
10 upvotes
Thought I can throw my old(15 yrs) opener away since it's an "opener"!?
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14682 posts
3545 upvotes
ok how to use this? come with camera? able to check if the garage door is open or close?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14161 posts
7898 upvotes
Southern Ontario
warmdeals wrote: Anyone know how does this work? Ideally it should come with a sensor that actually knows if the garage door is open, instead of being just an on-off switch.
It should come with wiring to these sensors, when they don't meet, the app tells you the door is open

Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1005 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Why would I buy this when the myQ Smart Hub (incl door sensor) is roughly the same price?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14161 posts
7898 upvotes
Southern Ontario
kiasu wrote: ok how to use this? come with camera? able to check if the garage door is open or close?
It'll coordinate with a WyzeCam, the opener notifications will overlap the video feed. I've had a TV delivered this way, neighbours put packages in our garage while we've been away etc. My unit is made by Meross looks exactly the same as this and been running over 2y on a really old Genie garage motor (see timestamp below):

Otherwise this is all you see on the app:

Jun 26, 2007
14 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
Hello,

I bought and installed the non Home Kit version on a Chamberlain with a purple button. Works great. Take a piece of wire with stripped ends and touch 2 terminals on the opener. If there’s a combination that opens the door, then it should work. I contacted Refoss/Meross about the purple button and they said they’d send the parts if I needed it.
It comes with the base unit with usb cable and adapter for power and a wired magnetic sensor and magnet to detect if door is closed.
Base unit set up take about 20 min. The magnetic sensor installation will take longer to find a good location and conceal or affix the wire. I cut into the drywall to flush mount the sensor backwards and put the magnet on top of the door. Other people have installed on the side of the door.
I considered DIY with parts from Ebay/China. Glad I didn’t DIY.
Integrates with Google Home Assistant that will ask for 4-digit security code that you’ve set.
I used the Meross app instead of the suggested app.
Images
  • 09F0288C-68DA-4BE1-B753-3E74DEA79E52.jpeg
  • B30CD680-E80F-4275-B778-CACD13E26770.jpeg
Last edited by Bubbaloo on Apr 5th, 2021 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3693 posts
1572 upvotes
Grimsby
Nice find OP. I've been using this one for a while and like it quite a bit.

Big fan for 2 reasons:

1) for Homekit use, you can use the Home app to set it up directly, no need for 3rd party app or giving the device direct internet access

2) wired connection to opener - no need to worry about learning and doing wireless relay

Here's mine setup:
1.jpeg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

poisonmonkey