Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Apple Pencil alternative with tilt sensitivity, palm rejection, USB-C ($14.78 + free Prime shipping or $5.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2021 8:45 pm
[OP]
Jun 6, 2017
354 posts
285 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Apple Pencil alternative with tilt sensitivity, palm rejection, USB-C ($14.78 + free Prime shipping or $5.99)

There are dozens of clones of this pencil all over Amazon and Aliexpress, but this seems to be the cheapest one. I just got it and it's nice to write with. Reviews are all over Amazon, just look for the ones with the visible USB-C charging port and the indicator light right below that; I'd expect that they're all the same. The writing experience feels the same as the old Apple Pencil 1 I used to have except lacking pressure sensitivity. Battery life TBD but like I said reviews abound.

What makes this better, in my opinion, than the Logitech Crayon or Adonit Note is USB-C charging. If you have a newest iPad Mini, newest iPad Air, or iPad Pro 2018 and later, you can use the same cable. It's not as good as wireless charging with the Apple Pencil 2 but arguably better than the Apple Pencil 1 or any other alternative.

The recent one from Primecables seems like it's slightly different for similar price, but I didn't get it because it's got the indicator light just above the USB-C port so I didn't know what other internal/functional differences might also exist with that one.

For all iPads first released in 2018 and later.
7 replies
Feb 12, 2006
880 posts
1196 upvotes
showing Currently Unavailable for me. I bought two prime cables ones for ~$17.xx they work well.

Same cons about pressure sensitivity, but precise and lasts forever on a charge. Was gonna get a few more as most people I know with compatible iPads don't want to invest for the Apple branding + sensitivity etc.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
6129 posts
282 upvotes
Would've bought one if it was in stock.
Apr 25, 2019
624 posts
1114 upvotes
I have a similar one with the light indicator, works really well. I would recommend if you can't stomach the idea of paying $130+ for a Apple Pencil.
Public Mobile 5GB $29
Samsung Galaxy A53 owner.
Aug 17, 2012
319 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting, the pressure sensitivity is triggered by tilting the pen?
[OP]
Jun 6, 2017
354 posts
285 upvotes
dfphoenix wrote: Interesting, the pressure sensitivity is triggered by tilting the pen?
No, it’s more like if you’re using a highlighter tool, it will have a larger stroke when the pencil is more tilted. And a narrow stroke when it’s more upright. There’s no pressure sensing

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)