• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 11:12 pm
[OP]
Apr 7, 2015
693 posts
664 upvotes
Vancouver Island

[Amazon.ca] Apt-X *HD* Bluetooth sport earbuds $21.99

Been watching this headset for bit; it's currently the least expensive headset that has the newer 24-bit Apt-X HD codec. Note that this only matters to you if you have a newer phone that supports it, such as the LG G5.

Camel*3 says the previous lowest price was $29.99.

Reviews seem to indicate that its sturdiness is hit and miss, so make sure you register for the extended warranty (free).

Features:
-BT 4.1
-CVC noise cancelling 6.0
-NFC pairing
-Apt-X HD 24-bit wireless codec
-IPX4 sweatproof
-10 hour talk time (probably 9 of music)
-6 month warranty if product is registered at http://www.dodocool.com/warranty/
51QE5hlL-CL._SL1500_.jpg
Edit: Additionally you can get a car vent mount for $3 or USB-A to C adaptor for $1 with purchase. Click the promos button for the coupon and item link.
12 replies
Mar 25, 2010
942 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
I am also looking for the similar BT earplug. why this looks so bulky than others I've seen? maybe I've seen only few types.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7227 upvotes
Reviews don't seem too positive.
Feb 2, 2011
443 posts
290 upvotes
New Westminster
I have one from aukey similar concept i paid 20 bucks broke got a replacement within 30 days but the same problem the shell cracked around the earpiece , After that I drcided to pick up sony wireless big cans for 99 look like a geek but they sound terrific
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20521 posts
9972 upvotes
Oakville
Even if they're properly implementing Apt-X HD (which I'm not sure I would be 100% confident about), you have to watch out for bigger issues with these cheap Chinese BT headsets:

1 - Build quality is often hit or miss (see the reviews of this set about them breaking, or *arriving* broken, etc)
2 - BT connectivity can be spotty. I've had sets where simply putting my phone in my pocket resulted in constant disconnects.

I wouldn't be buying cheapo Chinese BT headsets expecting super amazing audio quality. If you're an audiophile, you're probably better off saving your money and waiting for a more reliable option.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2015
693 posts
664 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I've had a number of cheap Chinese Bluetooth sets from a few different brands, and either A. I was completely satisfied with them or B. I got a full refund from the company (even months later). I'm not too worried if they aren't perfect.
wearysky wrote: Even if they're properly implementing Apt-X HD (which I'm not sure I would be 100% confident about), you have to watch out for bigger issues with these cheap Chinese BT headsets:

1 - Build quality is often hit or miss (see the reviews of this set about them breaking, or *arriving* broken, etc)
2 - BT connectivity can be spotty. I've had sets where simply putting my phone in my pocket resulted in constant disconnects.

I wouldn't be buying cheapo Chinese BT headsets expecting super amazing audio quality. If you're an audiophile, you're probably better off saving your money and waiting for a more reliable option.
How could it possibly be incorrectly implemented? The chip is made by Qualcomm with the noise cancelling and Apt-X HD and all baked in, it's not up to the manufacturer.

Check reviews on other sites as well, there is a single review for a DOA, and even brand name stuff can show up DOA. Return it and get another one.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2000 posts
782 upvotes
BC
Hmm. I just bought an apt-x low latency headphones and transmitter for watching TV last week. For TV, the low latency is crucial and HD isn't low latency. But the headphones are too big to fall asleep listening to music. I have a pair of LG HBS-700 that have amazing range, but won't pair with the new bluetooth transmitter. But it is just stereo audio.

I now see there are bluetooth transmitters that have low latency AND HD for $15-20 extra. But it looks like extra hassle to switch between the modes. I guess that might not be too bad if I have to walk over to get the headphones and press the button... just figuring I'll be sleepy and want the least amount of thinking/effort.
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18711 posts
21394 upvotes
GTA
My biggest problem with these cheap sets is the poor battery life, they don't seem to last as long as advertised and one I got had it's battery completely die (no charging) after a few months and only a handful of charges.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)