Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ARCTIC MX-4 2019 Edition - Thermal Compound Paste $9.97

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 8:20 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
nehway0912 wrote: Sold by 3rd party though. The NT-H1 sold by noctua themselves at $10 is the better deal IMO.
Agreed. I swear I saw it on Amazon last night for $10 sold by the official Noctua store but now the only sellers I see are 3rd party ones at a higher price. I'm sure the official store will restock eventually.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4767 posts
1992 upvotes
Markham
The seller seems sketchy, everything else they sell is excercise related and so are the reviews for the seller
[OP]
Dec 20, 2019
321 posts
782 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
evoviii wrote: The seller seems sketchy, everything else they sell is excercise related and so are the reviews for the seller
This is just hilarious. This seller has over 11k review being 5 stars.... You really think anyone has the time or money to fake that much review? I've been sent products on amazon before for review, and it's not hassle free.... Finally, this product is 10 dollars and is on amazon. What is the worst that can happen? Oh you're out 10 bucks for a few days before amazon refunds? Screwing RFD members for a measly 10 dollars is not smart business... lol
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11757 posts
1471 upvotes
Toronto
jp149 wrote: Gd900
I've read online that GD900 doesn't last very long (dries up), but I've been using GD900 for the last couple years now and my temperatures are still just fine. One of these days, I'll take apart some stuff and see how the paste is doing under the heatsink.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27600 posts
7948 upvotes
Patrickpete wrote: This is just hilarious. This seller has over 11k review being 5 stars.... You really think anyone has the time or money to fake that much review? I've been sent products on amazon before for review, and it's not hassle free.... Finally, this product is 10 dollars and is on amazon. What is the worst that can happen? Oh you're out 10 bucks for a few days before amazon refunds? Screwing RFD members for a measly 10 dollars is not smart business... lol
I'm guessing their main business is other stuff but came upon a deal on a skid of this stuff or whatever--shipping damaged or whatever, got it on the cheap, now selling on eBay.

Sellers of things don't have to be experts in it just have to look up online what it goes for and boom it's money in their pocket if they get it cheap. OTOH they could be a "computer geek" too but just sayin'. If you ask all the drop-shippers out there driving Lambos, they don't got a clue what they're selling, but it's def. money in their pockets.
Dec 19, 2006
634 posts
602 upvotes
Vancouver
Patrickpete wrote: TBH, when you're comparing the top of the line thermal paste, the difference is within a degree or two; its not rocket science. So don't buy into the hype and buy brands that are overly hyped and only give enough for one usage. Artic has been an enthusiast brand for a long time now, so you can be sure of the quality. Also, this is great if you have a laptop or older computers that new paste.
I don’t think there are that many brands that sell thermal paste in that small quantity. Kryonaut is the only one I can think of. Even ic diamond tubes get more than a single use. Unless you’re one of those people that go to town when applying thermal paste.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4767 posts
1992 upvotes
Markham
Patrickpete wrote: This is just hilarious. This seller has over 11k review being 5 stars.... You really think anyone has the time or money to fake that much review? I've been sent products on amazon before for review, and it's not hassle free.... Finally, this product is 10 dollars and is on amazon. What is the worst that can happen? Oh you're out 10 bucks for a few days before amazon refunds? Screwing RFD members for a measly 10 dollars is not smart business... lol
Butthurt much?

The cheapest seller at the time was before being backordered

Qunlions life
4.5 out of 5 stars 86% positive over the past 12 months. (37 total ratings)

11k reviews is for the product, not the seller. You should be informed on who the actual seller is.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1176 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote: I've read online that GD900 doesn't last very long (dries up), but I've been using GD900 for the last couple years now and my temperatures are still just fine. One of these days, I'll take apart some stuff and see how the paste is doing under the heatsink.
I have it on several systems for about 2 years both cpu and gpu still going strong.

Feb 28, 2014
542 posts
642 upvotes
TheRealSwatson wrote: They USED to, they went EOL at Canada Computers some time last year I think. I asked the guys at my location but they didn't have any explanation. It's not like MX-4 is ending production so idk wtf is going on but I was mad. I also needed a non-capacitive thermal paste at the time and they didnt have anything good. Ended up trying Ceramique2 but it's not good enough for high heat flux densities, not thermally conductive enough imo.
Ya, I remember that they used to sell the MX-4 several years back when I got my last tube. Sucks that they don't carry them anymore but no matter, at least they're still in stock on Amazon.

Parts are slightly harder than usual to find this year so hopefully they'll be back when things go 100% back to normal.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2449 posts
1002 upvotes
Burnaby
im still using Arctic silver i bought from Anitec.

side note: back in the Celeron 300 days (OC king) i drowned the heat spreader in grease. it actually got better temps than just on the top.
[OP]
Dec 20, 2019
321 posts
782 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
I don't know how long these compound are suppose to last, but I'm still using the same one in my Antec 900 case from 2011Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes My temps are perfectly fine too, maybe I should just change it just in case.
Nov 22, 2011
920 posts
206 upvotes
Batcave
It looks kind of tough to apply this in my oldish Alienware 15 R13 laptop but it barely came with any paste and I haven't really been able to game much since I bought it. I'll probably buy this paste and hope I know what I'm doing...
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1438 posts
1404 upvotes
FalconR wrote: It looks kind of tough to apply this in my oldish Alienware 15 R13 laptop but it barely came with any paste and I haven't really been able to game much since I bought it. I'll probably buy this paste and hope I know what I'm doing...
I replaced the stock toothpaste with liquid metal on my AW 15 R3. Best decision I made. You don't have to use LM but any good paste will improve your temps.

Easy to do too. Mainboard is not flipped on this model Thumbs Up Sign
Aug 20, 2019
296 posts
168 upvotes
Edmonton
Is there any legitimate seller for the Arctic MX-4 thermal compound paste on Amazon? All of these sellers seem like shady 3rd-party sellers or basically drop-shippers who sell anything they can.

I'm a little skeptical by all the positive reviews too. Seems like there's not enough negative reviews either to indicate a real person actually sharing their experience.