• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 7:44 pm
[OP]
Aug 27, 2004
755 posts
193 upvotes
Cyberspace

[Amazon.ca] Arko Shaving Soap Stick, White, 12 Count $15.24

Really good price on Arko shaving sticks for all the wet shavers out there.
Yes, they have their "unique" fragrance but you can't beat the price per shave.

Edited to add
coupon gone
Price updated in subject.
Last edited by astrolad on Jul 24th, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aspiring Old Guy
44 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12051 posts
5949 upvotes
Never even heard of this before haha.
Wouldnt mind trying just dont need 12 haha. Anyone in wpg need some? Pm me.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2561 posts
289 upvotes
Winnipeg
blazed16 wrote: Never even heard of this before haha.
Wouldnt mind trying just dont need 12 haha. Anyone in wpg need some? Pm me.
It makes great lather for traditional shaving but smells like urinal cakes.

Spend a few bucks more and get Proraso if you are looking for readily available shave soap/cream.

In Winnipeg but I refuse to use it due to smell and finding better products to use. I'm a big boy and can spend more than 3 cents a shave to make it more enjoyable. Cost isn't everything to me for a luxury shave.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2016 posts
510 upvotes
Hamilton
Good price but I didn't like using a shaving stick compared to a cream or a typical soap cake.

I just didn't get the same lather and ended up using a brush afterwards.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2176 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
Finally... my time to shine.....

I bought 2 boxes of these back in 2014 on a whim when they were on sale like this.

It’s half way through 2020 and I haven’t ever bought another shaving foam / cream / gel. I’ve used probably 5-6 of these sticks over the last 6 years.

Smells great
Lasts literally FOREVER
Foams up nice
Doesn’t dry out your face
Doesn’t spoil

I have a shaving cream container that came with some shaving cream I used... these guys squash down into it great. You could use something like

CHARMMAN Stainless Steel Shaving Soap & Cream Bowl with Lid Three-walls Heat Preservation Heavy Weight Steel (270g/ 0.59ib) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RW7S1RZ/ref ... gFb62YB2ND
You’ll need a brush (boars hair).

Next step, get a safety razor and 100 razors for a total of $25.

Now you’re set to shave for the next 20 years at no extra cost like me. Was working on links but I’m up north with bad reception.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Apr 26, 2019
544 posts
703 upvotes
I've been using these with a brush almost exclusively for 10 years. They are great, and this price is fantastic. One stick lasts me about 3 months with almost daily shaving, including shaving my head. This would be about a 3-year supply for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1400 posts
1997 upvotes
Toronto
xjesterxx wrote: Finally... my time to shine.....

I bought 2 boxes of these back in 2014 on a whim when they were on sale like this.

It’s half way through 2020 and I haven’t ever bought another shaving foam / cream / gel. I’ve used probably 5-6 of these sticks over the last 6 years.

Smells great
Lasts literally FOREVER
Foams up nice
Doesn’t spoil

I have a shaving cream container that came with some shaving cream I used... these guys squash down into it great. You could use something like

CHARMMAN Stainless Steel Shaving Soap & Cream Bowl with Lid Three-walls Heat Preservation Heavy Weight Steel (270g/ 0.59ib) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RW7S1RZ/ref ... gFb62YB2ND

Now you’re set to shave for the next 20 years at no extra cost like me. Was working on links but I’m up north with bad reception.
Exactly. Bought a box of these years ago and they are good. Tried the "fancy dan" types..they are no better. I just use it like a glue stick on my face and lather up.

Handy for travelling too as one in a ziplock bag takes very little space in your luggage.
Apr 26, 2019
544 posts
703 upvotes
xjesterxx wrote: Finally... my time to shine.....

Smells great
Lasts literally FOREVER
Foams up nice
Doesn’t spoil

I just apply the stick directly to my skin, and then use a wet brush to lather it up. I agree, it produces fantastic lather with a brush.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2004
755 posts
193 upvotes
Cyberspace
GordonGartrelle wrote: I just apply the stick directly to my skin, and then use a wet brush to lather it up. I agree, it produces fantastic lather with a brush.
Same here. I use a synthetic brush and it works awesome.

And it lasts forever. I'm on the twelfth stick from a batch I bought in 2016!
Aspiring Old Guy
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2561 posts
289 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sum_guy wrote: Good price but I didn't like using a shaving stick compared to a cream or a typical soap cake.

I just didn't get the same lather and ended up using a brush afterwards.
Shave sticks still require a brush to make the lather. All they do is ensure the soap gets on the whiskers.

Like you, I don't care for them unless I'm camping.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2004
755 posts
193 upvotes
Cyberspace
Anyone else seeing a $2 off coupon on it now?
Save $2 on Arko

Save CDN$ 2.00 with this coupon. Discount at checkout.

See more coupons
Aspiring Old Guy
Nov 23, 2014
478 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
astrolad wrote: Anyone else seeing a $2 off coupon on it now?
Yes, and it worked no problem. Thanks a bunch!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1645 posts
1011 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
coopercold wrote: It's Turkish!? Çok güzel! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Is it? That'll be a no from me then.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1400 posts
1997 upvotes
Toronto
Sievert wrote: Is it? That'll be a no from me then.
Rationale for avoiding because it is Turkish?
Oct 24, 2018
384 posts
363 upvotes
I'll add my voice to praising Arko sticks. Bought a box in 2014 and they work incredibly well for the price, still have loads left, but yes I do have many other shaving products to choose from as well.

However, for this price Arko sticks can not be beat. If I remember correctly it is 900g of quality shaving soap. Take for example Razorock's mini block of Blue Fougere shaving soap on sale right now for $13.59, it is a great soap at a fantastic price but is only 300g. You'd need to buy 3 blocks of the Blue Fougere to get the same amount as the Arko sticks.

Value for $ per shave Arko sure is the champ. They are cheaper today than when I last bought them 6 years ago.

I personally like the scent of Arko sticks, but if you are trying it for the first time you might want to split the box with someone else just in case you don't enjoy the scent. Or I suppose you could give sticks away as gifts...everyone I have ever given traditional wet shaving supplies to has really appreciated it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)