[Amazon.ca] Arko Shaving Soap Stick, White, 12 Count $15.24

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 7:44 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1369 posts
698 upvotes
Hamilton
empros wrote: I could see why any Armenian or Assyrian would avoid.... not sure I need to go into more detail :)

Good deal on soap though!
LEAVE THE POLITICS OUT OF THIS FORUM PLEASE!!!

(Capital letters were intentional, not a typo)
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1005 upvotes
Saskatoon
ichibansan wrote: But isn't the Tabac 15 bucks for one soap 125g? This is 15 bucks for 12 75gm soaps,
Stick isn’t bar. Sticks much softer. Less lasting. Although I agree this is cheap. You can get sticks from England 1 pound per stick, that’s regular price.
If we talking soaps.
Arko soap is $5 for 90 grams. Tabac $15 and for me lasts longer.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1496 posts
858 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ichibansan wrote:
Rationale for avoiding because it is Turkish?
HamsiBrain wrote: Now I'm curious. Could you elaborate a little bit please?
I try to avoid Turkish products because I oppose Turkey's politics. It's the only tool I have.
I don't know if this is a good product or a good deal, I'm just not interested in products from Turkey.
Last edited by Sievert on Jul 24th, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 8, 2017
25 posts
19 upvotes
I wouldn't care much about the smell, I find most of the soaps I've used are subtle smelling anyways. And it won't linger...
HamsiBrain wrote: LEAVE THE POLITICS OUT OF THIS FORUM PLEASE!!!

(Capital letters were intentional, not a typo)
Agreed, that's why I said not to go into detail :)
Was just answering a question...
Dec 26, 2016
146 posts
37 upvotes
Kitchener
Coupon's gone?
I can't see the checkbox in the OP's link.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2004
674 posts
146 upvotes
Cyberspace
Sunshower wrote: Coupon's gone?
I can't see the checkbox in the OP's link.
Seems like it.
Also the price has moved up $0.26.
I've updated the first post and thread title.
Former Know-It-All
Feb 14, 2006
471 posts
380 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Currently unavailable
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1369 posts
698 upvotes
Hamilton
empros wrote: I wouldn't care much about the smell, I find most of the soaps I've used are subtle smelling anyways. And it won't linger...

Agreed, that's why I said not to go into detail :)
Was just answering a question...
And...you are still doing politics in a sneaky way. It looks your details(!) and answer are stuck with only the one side of the history. Good luck with that.
Nov 22, 2010
250 posts
72 upvotes
It fits nicely in an old tall medicine bottle as well.
ichibansan wrote: Exactly. Bought a box of these years ago and they are good. Tried the "fancy dan" types..they are no better. I just use it like a glue stick on my face and lather up.

Handy for travelling too as one in a ziplock bag takes very little space in your luggage.
Sep 14, 2012
576 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered Friday. Delivered today . Total price all in was $14.67 including tax. Thanks OP. Same product on a well known shaving supply site would have been $ 50.84.
May 17, 2019
39 posts
55 upvotes
I picked up a glue stick at Dollerama and pushed all the glue out then I forced in a stick of Arco. I use it in my travel bag. Twist the bottom to push up for use and put the cap back on to keep it from drying out.
Easy to form and to me it smell's like old fashioned soap
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21715 posts
159394 upvotes
GTA
I did order one of these as it's less than the retail price of a single tub of my current favourite Body Shop shave cream:

https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-ca/men/s ... /p/p002836

Only small downside is the need to use a brush (which I already have but just don't use regularly). Willing to give it a shot.
Nov 23, 2018
38 posts
19 upvotes
I never cared for the smell of Arko, but it didn’t bother me....it’s an excellent performer. But urinal puck smell? Lol...damn you RFD, I’m going to think of that every time I use it now.

FWIW, I never cared for the smell of any of the TOBS I used either. Very artificially smelling reproductions of what they’re trying to smell like, and the avocado one plain old smells awful...but again, an excellent performer.

The Henri et Victoria creams they sell on amazon are quite good...made in Canada, reasonable price, performs well.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1708 posts
1427 upvotes
Montréal
I picked it up too. The last expensive component in shaving removed. Reviews were positive enough.

Turkey is a great place to visit too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)