Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Arko Shaving Soap Stick, White, 12 Count $15.40

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 3:30 am
Nov 6, 2012
286 posts
280 upvotes
Edmonton
astrolad wrote: I guess I'm okay with it because my wife hasn't complained about the fragrance?
(For context, we do have eight kids....Winking Face)
Got damn!
Mar 8, 2010
329 posts
264 upvotes
Calgary
Better lather with a tallow soap (been around for 60 yrs) then goop in a can.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8727 posts
12246 upvotes
astrolad wrote: I figured as much but I couldn't help myselfSmiling Face With Open Mouth

I guess I'm okay with it because my wife hasn't complained about the fragrance?
I'm Dick Van Patten, and I approve of this product! ;)

Jul 31, 2008
381 posts
187 upvotes
Markham
benilla wrote: You're welcome to come use up the software at any time hahaha. Arko performs OK, it just triggers that urinal cake smell and then having that on my face is a no-go for me.
I do not get the urinal cake vibe, but see how someone could.

I generally use TOBS and love anything with an orange or rose vibe. Anything in that stack of indulgence you would recommend?
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21708 posts
314 upvotes
Newmarket
astrolad wrote: I figured as much but I couldn't help myselfSmiling Face With Open Mouth

I guess I'm okay with it because my wife hasn't complained about the fragrance?
We’ll be sure to pm you if we find any deals on diapers...or condoms ;)
Nov 8, 2003
338 posts
307 upvotes
sunnysidesolutions wrote: Why do you keep it with your clothes instead of the bathroom
You can't fit all of that in the bathroom. He probably just keeps the few items he uses on a daily basis there and stores everything else that we see here in the closet.

And collecting all that as a hobby is a weird flex but we're all into different things so it's cool. Nicely displayed as well.
Nov 3, 2003
466 posts
112 upvotes
Knowhere
Anyone recommend shaving brush and bowl? I'm a newbie in thew old school wet shaving.
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉
Nov 10, 2013
340 posts
237 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
shinsky wrote: Anyone recommend shaving brush and bowl? I'm a newbie in thew old school wet shaving.
If you want to be practical about it, don't need a bowl. I use Nivea cream it's cheap and good. Just squeeze some on wet face and lather.
The most important thing about shaving - hot water before and cold water after. There's a lot of hype about it these days....
Nov 16, 2014
135 posts
81 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
shinsky wrote: Anyone recommend shaving brush and bowl? I'm a newbie in thew old school wet shaving.
I use the lid of my Proraso as a bowl. Lathers well. Rinse for quick clean up.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21708 posts
314 upvotes
Newmarket
I use a bowl from Dollarama lol
And a good thick badger brush.

Save your money on a specialized bowl/mug and put it towards a better brush.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21708 posts
314 upvotes
Newmarket
Arkos a good performer for me...in a neat, compact format and lasts a long time at a cheap price.
I just wish it smelled better,
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21708 posts
314 upvotes
Newmarket
mdl.tor wrote: I do not get the urinal cake vibe, but see how someone could.

I generally use TOBS and love anything with an orange or rose vibe. Anything in that stack of indulgence you would recommend?
I tried a Canadian made product on amazon called Henri et Victoria (cognac and cigar scent) that was quite good and similar to TOBS...
Piccadilly shaving cream (Sandalwood) is also quite good....both have less artificial scents than TOBS, IMO....that’s my only complaint about TOBS, it smells more like room freshener than a perfume.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2004
673 posts
146 upvotes
Cyberspace
With shaving sticks like Arko, you can lather directly on your face. No bowl needed. Search on YouTube for a demonstration.

I have a Rockwell branded synthetic brush that works well. It's a basic OEM brush but I think synthetics are really beginner friendly as they don't need to be presoaked to soften the bristles.

As always, YMMV
Former Know-It-All