• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 9:45 am
[OP]
Jan 9, 2012
51 posts
153 upvotes
Whitby

[Amazon.ca] Arlo Video Doorbell

*************** puts its lowest recent price at $172.26 so this seems like it may be the lowest price it's hit.

With the established Arlo name and compatibility with Alexa and Google, it seems like a great option.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7703 posts
9674 upvotes
liuac wrote: *************** puts its lowest recent price at $172.26 so this seems like it may be the lowest price it's hit.

With the established Arlo name and compatibility with Alexa and Google, it seems like a great option.
Btw RFD blocks the the 3 camels being mentioned in the forums.
Jul 27, 2018
171 posts
90 upvotes
are there any options without subscription?
Aug 11, 2014
31 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Without subscription, You will be to able to watch live and get notifications but no cloud recordings and no package/person detection and no custom area selection. Subscription is about 2.99 usd per month for one video doorbell. Billing country can't be changed after the registration.
Dec 18, 2015
29 posts
17 upvotes
Nepean, ON
sammual wrote: Without subscription, You will be to able to watch live and get notifications but no cloud recordings and no package/person detection and no custom area selection. Subscription is about 2.99 usd per month for one video doorbell. Billing country can't be changed after the registration.
Pretty Garbage without paying monthly subscription fee on any busy street. I have been using it for about 6 months or so, works okay (a bit delayed in alert) with smart subscription with exception of few outage here and there.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4864 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
sammual wrote: Without subscription, You will be to able to watch live and get notifications but no cloud recordings and no package/person detection and no custom area selection. Subscription is about 2.99 usd per month for one video doorbell. Billing country can't be changed after the registration.
If this gets cheap enough, I will probably pick one up. It can work with a local hub for local USB storage recording. Yes, it's not Cloud, but still better than nothing.
Rock it.
Jun 7, 2011
59 posts
41 upvotes
Oshawa
https://www.amazon.ca/Remobell-Wi-Fi-Vi ... B07P4D9K39
If you are looking for a no subscription video door bell check out the Remo S. 3 days rolling storage free, longer storage is available but has a subscription cost. I found that it has a much faster response time and a much better picture than my previous Ring doorbell. CDN$ 151.88
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8046 posts
2025 upvotes
Ottawa
I have some goog minis, st hub and gonna setup a tablet with actiontiles. I like the nest because it announces who’s at the door. Is there something else that can do that too or better integrate with st/at?