Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Asgard Gun Metal 32GB (2x16GB Kit) DDR4 3200Mhz (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory Black - $139.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2020 3:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2600 posts
1814 upvotes
Kitchener

[Amazon.ca] Asgard Gun Metal 32GB (2x16GB Kit) DDR4 3200Mhz (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory Black - $139.99

Seems super tempting... doesn't even seem to be tax on it...! I'd like to get 64gb down the line but this seems like a great price so not sure if I should get it now!

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B083Z6CSB3
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
44 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 1, 2016
519 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
JoJoCan wrote: I'd like to get 64gb down the line
Upvoted...

What are you doing that requires 32/64GB of ram? (Asking out of curiosity)
Pixelation~
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
14351 posts
15112 upvotes
Good buy.

Thanks, OP.

32GB is your salvation in 2020.

I'm at 64GB and regularly hit 40GB.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 1, 2016
519 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Good buy.

Thanks, OP.

32GB is your salvation in 2020.

I'm at 64GB and regularly hit 40GB.
Ok... but what are you using that much RAM for?
Pixelation~
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 26, 2009
5794 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
ProjectPixelation wrote: Ok... but what are you using that much RAM for?
Multiple Chrome tabs browsing for hot deals on RedFlagDeals.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
14351 posts
15112 upvotes
ProjectPixelation wrote: Ok... but what are you using that much RAM for?
Just workstation applications.

Some browser based stuff, some local apps, and multiple instances of things.

It doesn't take much.
Xeerochild wrote: Multiple Chrome tabs browsing for hot deals on RedFlagDeals.
Chrome is a hog, I'm fully with Firefox, with occasional Opera and Brave intermixed.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2600 posts
1814 upvotes
Kitchener
ProjectPixelation wrote: Upvoted...

What are you doing that requires 32/64GB of ram? (Asking out of curiosity)
Chrome + Gaming = I use about 28gb out of my 32gb.

I just ordered 2 kits of this (4x16gb) so I'll now have 64gb in my Gaming PC! I can't wait! Just under $280 shipped :)
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
8934 posts
1267 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Never seen the brand, not enough reviews, 3rd party seller, risky imo
Jr. Member
Apr 11, 2019
187 posts
186 upvotes
JoJoCan wrote: Chrome + Gaming = I use about 28gb out of my 32gb.

I just ordered 2 kits of this (4x16gb) so I'll now have 64gb in my Gaming PC! I can't wait! Just under $280 shipped :)
how many tabs of chrome or how many games are you running at the same time? i am barely hitting 12/16gb and i have ~40-50 chrome tabs open while i play mhw. and the basic stuff like discord/spotify/etc. left open

this is quite the deal though. same speed and timing for 16gb is ~90+tax, and double that for 32. only thing stopping me is i don't think i'll hit close to 32. going to wait and see if they will sell a 2x8 variant for half this price. and can always buy more down the line if needed
Last edited by kiukiumoar on May 26th, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer Wireless - $36/month|800 Minutes|5GB Data|Unlimited Texts
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
33551 posts
3650 upvotes
Winnipeg
I never heard of this brand.
Newbie
Mar 9, 2014
82 posts
48 upvotes
Ottawa
kiukiumoar wrote: how many tabs of chrome or how many games are you running at the same time? i am barely hitting 12/16gb and i have ~40-50 chrome tabs open while i play mhw. and the basic stuff like discord/spotify/etc. left open
If you run , VM ware -that alone could eat up ram because you can dedicate more to it if you have more. Decompressing and compressing images require RAM as well. Running multiple instances of Desktop itself uses a lot of ram. Majority still doesn't need more than 16gb but workstation and etc could benefit from more ram. Gaming by itself doesn't use much ram unless you are gaming and steaming and recording your sessions lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2600 posts
1814 upvotes
Kitchener
wlee wrote: Never seen the brand, not enough reviews, 3rd party seller, risky imo
RAM is RAM, usually it works or it doesn’t. I wouldn’t buy a no name SSD but RAM I’m willing to take the risk for the HUGE discount :)
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
8934 posts
1267 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JoJoCan wrote: RAM is RAM, usually it works or it doesn’t. I wouldn’t buy a no name SSD but RAM I’m willing to take the risk for the HUGE discount :)
You get what you pay for. Be prepared to run memtest for at least 24 hrs

Top