Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Aspectek Bug Zapper $38 (Lightning deal)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2022 5:37 pm
Jun 4, 2011
426 posts
604 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Aspectek Bug Zapper $38 (Lightning deal)

Well reviewed bug zapper. It's been on sale before but if you missed it, here it is again.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 24th, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
10 replies
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14882 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
These types of devices are terrible. They don’t do what they say they will do, kill mosquitoes. Instead, they kill beneficial insect life.
Based on the study's results, bug zappers are killing beneficial insects like beetles and moths, which can result in negative effects on local ecosystems. Experts and studies from Colorado State University Extension and the American Mosquito Control Association concluded that bug zappers are not effective at controlling biting mosquitoes. Experts cited in an article from the Wirecutter also concluded that bug zappers have the unintended consequence of killing beneficial insects.

Out of 13,000 zapped insects, less than 0.25% were mosquitoes. Out of 13,000 zapped insects, over 99.75% were beneficial insects (not mosquitoes!)
https://www.sgvmosquito.org/are-bug-zap ... rprise-you
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Feb 10, 2018
275 posts
486 upvotes
hakira wrote: Well reviewed bug zapper. It's been on sale before but if you missed it, here it is again.
link goes to replacement bulbs !!!

searched and cant find the product for the price you listed!!

would like one for my garage..

and yes yes they do kill mosquitoes
Jul 10, 2019
596 posts
580 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote: These types of devices are terrible. They don’t do what they say they will do, kill mosquitoes. Instead, they kill beneficial insect life.

Literally nowhere in this thread anyone started mosquito discourse.

It’s a bug zapper and people use it to kill bugs because they got into the house/garage and they’re annoying
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Feb 10, 2018
275 posts
486 upvotes
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: Literally nowhere in this thread anyone started mosquito discourse.

It’s a bug zapper and people use it to kill bugs because they got into the house/garage and they’re annoying
take it with a grain of salt..

its being posted by a person who thinks they need to protect the environment .. yet has over 13 thousand posts on this forum alone !!
Feb 24, 2016
382 posts
494 upvotes
Have had one for a few years, Great unit for fruit flies too. Sounds like popcorn going off.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Link is a affil link so he get $$ for everyone who buys and its just replacement bulbs. BAD!
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
blazed16 wrote: Link is a affil link so he get $$ for everyone who buys and its just replacement bulbs. BAD!
I think it's actually due to posting on mobile. The Amazon app converts it to a shortened link, which we don't allow. I tried to find a clean link on Amazon but the price was different, hence why this was moved to expired.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote: These types of devices are terrible. They don’t do what they say they will do, kill mosquitoes. Instead, they kill beneficial insect life.

Bought 40w version for my house that is always surrounded by 151871 mosquitoes at night (I can't even open my door, there is HUNDREDS on it)
I have a MAJOR improvement! This thing does zapping noise all night long conrinuously.

I don't see dead moth anywhere..
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: Literally nowhere in this thread anyone started mosquito discourse.

It's one of the first things people will buy this for so it's a valid pre-emptive PSA.

That's what happened to me. Didn't realize mosquitos aren't attracted to the UV light.