Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Assassins's Creed: Syndicate - $29.99 (Xbox One/PS4)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2016 4:30 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 27, 2012
869 posts
1669 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Assassins's Creed: Syndicate - $29.99 (Xbox One/PS4)

$29.99 at Amazon.ca

Not sure if this has been any cheaper recently.
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
18 replies
Jul 23, 2011
884 posts
687 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Not cheaper @ retail yet. It's been $29.99 on and off for about 3-4 months now though.

I'm actually surprised this game hasn't hit 19.99 yet. I guess not having a new A. Creed game coming out this year has helped keep the price of this one from tanking like it normally does.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4814 posts
2237 upvotes
maybe the upcoming movie release is also helping maintain the pricepoint.

$20 is the sweet spot here. from what I've seen/heard, it's a damn good game
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4767 posts
3275 upvotes
$10 is the sweet spot for Ubisoft games.

They tend to over print physical games and usually stores have to clear them out eventually.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote: $10 is the sweet spot for Ubisoft games.

They tend to over print physical games and usually stores have to clear them out eventually.
I don't think that was as much the case this time around due to lowered expectations after Unity, which is it hasn't dropped as much as quickly.

Anecdotally at least, I haven't seen the glut of AC: Syndicate on Bestbuy shelves the way I used to with previous games. Then again, Bestbuy have been slimming down their gaming sections in general for a while now.
Oct 12, 2011
469 posts
324 upvotes
CARP
I just bought Unity for $3.87. It is really bad. Makes me want to skip to Syndicate, but not for $30 non-digital.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2012
869 posts
1669 upvotes
Syndicate got some pretty good reviews. I refuse to buy Unity from what I've seen, but I've been looking to get Syndicate.
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
Jan 21, 2009
430 posts
63 upvotes
ImpKnight wrote: I just bought Unity for $3.87. It is really bad. Makes me want to skip to Syndicate, but not for $30 non-digital.
What part didn't you like of Unity, I'm at sequence 4, not a complain so far.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6681 posts
6597 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ImpKnight wrote: I just bought Unity for $3.87. It is really bad. Makes me want to skip to Syndicate, but not for $30 non-digital.
Ubi took everything that was awful with Unity, and fixed it in Syndicate. Plot, setting, characters, gameplay mechanics were much better in the latter.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Nov 25, 2013
225 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
$29.99 CAD so like = $23 USD? ...When I think like tht it makes me wanna pull the trigger......argh :@
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2013
1341 posts
239 upvotes
I think with how bad the CAD is we won't see games drop to $20 as often as they used to, $30 seems to be the new $20, with $50 being the new $40.
Aug 9, 2014
143 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Whaaaaaat? From where? I've been looking for a deal on that for ages! Most stores don't even have it in stock.

AC Syndicate was on sale at EB games about a month ago. Was for $25 I believe. Grabbed the gold edition for $35.
Oct 12, 2011
469 posts
324 upvotes
CARP
cdkeys. There was a thread on reddit about the redflagdeals thread about the MCC being $12. One of the redditors said Unity was on sale as well. I didn't post here because I assumed he got that info from the RFD thread.

The only AC game I've played before Unity is Black Flag. I guess it wasn't the AC past I enjoyed but the pirate part. Bring on Sea of Thieves.
Nov 29, 2011
968 posts
342 upvotes
Milton
Unity was fine. Most of the criticism around the game was due to bugs around launch. On Xbox One, for example, it wasn't nearly as bad as on PC. The setting of Paris in Unity was gorgeous and I think overall it was still a better looking game than Syndicate, and the combat was fun with far more weapons options than in past games, but overall the story was lackluster and it kind of felt like a copy of Assassin's Creed II (the story had many parallels), so aside from the setting and graphics, it wasn't that interesting. The online coop was great though, it just didn't have much content. It was far more fun than just deathmatch and cliched versus multiplayer like in past AC games.

Syndicate isn't significantly better, but it does improve enough in the right areas to still be better overall. The ability to chose your player between the brother and sister most of the time (with each character lending themselves to different styles) is interesting, and it's nice to have an AC story that at it's core isn't the exact same as every other AC game. The setting is well done, the city seems alive. But the whole gang aspect can be entirely ignored and doesn't really add anything (same as the brotherhood in AC:Brotherhood, or the ship in AC3). The train hideout is an interesting idea, but ultimately irrelevant because you won't chase it down, you'll just fast travel all the time anyway. The grappling hook is great, but you won't be able to go back to a game without it.

Neither game really innovates the series at all, just small steps forward but nothing groundbreaking. You have to like the concept or the game play to enjoy them. If you didn't like past games, there probably isn't that much here to impress you.

Overall, definitely worth $30 if you like the series. Picked it up at that price in May and have no regrets. The Jack the Ripper DLC is also about 40% off right now on Xbox ($12 from 20), but I haven't played that yet.
Oct 18, 2012
328 posts
425 upvotes
OTTAWA
Always wait for Ubisoft games to hit $19.99, especially the Assassin Creed series.
Jun 26, 2009
735 posts
296 upvotes
Calgary
I bought BlackFlag, Rogue, and Unity all for $10 each. Will wait for Syndicate to be $10 too... :D haven't finished either of the games yet :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5320 posts
3349 upvotes
Toronto
naumb25 wrote: Whaaaaaat? From where? I've been looking for a deal on that for ages! Most stores don't even have it in stock.

AC Syndicate was on sale at EB games about a month ago. Was for $25 I believe. Grabbed the gold edition for $35.
It was $30.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1611 posts
750 upvotes
Tempting, but I still have a few other games to get through. I'm holding out for $20.
Oct 18, 2010
189 posts
159 upvotes
Halifax
Would of been hot if it was GOLD Edition.