Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Astra Superior Premium Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades, 100 count $13

[OP]
Nov 16, 2015
550 posts
1004 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Astra Superior Premium Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades, 100 count $13

Not as sharp and more forgiving than feather blades.

I’ve only used these and they are fine
76 replies
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1005 upvotes
Saskatoon
Yeah I saw that as well.
The only thing I don’t fancy.
It’s $13 plus tax makes it
$14.43
And if you are not prime spend $35 to get free shipping
Here I can order anytime regular price with taxes included $13.74, plus free shipping with tracking and guaranteed refund if I won’t get the item.
https://www.razorbladesclub.com/shop/as ... -platinum/

Why should I bother and overpay with amazon?
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2272 posts
1769 upvotes
Montreal, QC
These are a great bang for the buck. I bought a pack in December when they were at the same price. As OP mentioned, they are not a sharp as the feather blades, but unless you have really thick beard, these are just fine. I get 3 or 4 shaves from each blade. Pack of 100 will last me a couple of years, considering I only shave once or twice a week.

However everyone's face is different. If you are new to the safety razor, do yourself a favor a put yourself a small trial pack together to try a few different blades. Just because one blade is awesome for one person, it doesn;'t mean it suits everyone.

This place is pretty good and reasonable priced, and $3 flat rate shipping which is reasonable.
Go through and pick up 2 of each type you want to try. Reason I say 2, is just in case you get one defective blade, you give the blade a fair chance.
Try blades like, Feather - New Hi-Stainless, ASTRA - Superior Platinum, Personna - Lab Blue, Derby - Extra, Personna - Platinum (Israeli Reds), Gillette - Silver Blue, Merkur - Super Platinum, and a few other cheap ones like Gillette - 7 0'Clock, shark, etc... For under $10, you can get a decent sampler pack, to try an assortment of blades and see what suits your face best.
Last edited by Emporium on Mar 1st, 2020 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1005 upvotes
Saskatoon
Amazon.com
Astra blade
$7.5 that is $10 loonies.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... 080&sr=8-1
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1005 upvotes
Saskatoon
Those blades are manufactured in Russia under American license. FYI

Jan 2, 2013
315 posts
579 upvotes
Montreal
ukrainiandude wrote: Those blades are manufactured in Russia under American license. FYI
The box I bought in December for the same price says made in Turkey
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1005 upvotes
Saskatoon
BaDumTss wrote: The box I bought in December for the same price says made in Turkey
Not true. Send me a picture of card box’s side with distribution and manufacturing information.
Last edited by ukrainiandude on Mar 1st, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2272 posts
1769 upvotes
Montreal, QC
BaDumTss wrote: The box I bought in December for the same price says made in Turkey
The box I bought on Dec 18 from amazon, says made in russia... So I guess they produce in multiple factories.

IMG_20200301_110355491.jpg
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1005 upvotes
Saskatoon

Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1005 upvotes
Saskatoon
Emporium wrote: The box I bought on Dec 18 from amazon, says made in russia... So I guess they produce in multiple factories.

IMG_20200301_110355491.jpg
Gillette doesn’t have a factory in Turkey.

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2272 posts
1769 upvotes
Montreal, QC
http://astrarazorblades.com/aboutus.php

Looks like they are all now made in St Petersburg.
"Originally they are produced by Permatick Celik Sanayi in Turkey and later, in 2003, purchased by Gillette, that immediately has moved its production to St. Petersburg’s company. "
So if you got a pack that says made in Turkey, it's probably been on the shelf for quite a while :)
Jun 9, 2019
340 posts
434 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote: Why should I bother and overpay with amazon?
The answer is easy and you included it. If you have Prime.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4593 posts
1846 upvotes
Ancaster
Who downvoted this? These are great razors. I use one blade a week and I'm still on the same box from over a year ago. You would only get one cartridge from the big shaving cartel for that money. The only downside is you cannot bring them in carry-on, which is why I (sadly) still have a Mach 3.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2015
550 posts
1004 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I’ve had my box for two years now. Made in Russia
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1239 posts
100 upvotes
Beamsville
I've been using these blades for a few years, a carton lasts a long time lol.