Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca Black Friday

ASUS AC1750 WiFi Router (RT-AC65) - Dual Band Wireless Internet Router, Easy Setup, Parental Control, USB 3 - $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2021 4:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
5041 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] [Black Friday] ASUS AC1750 WiFi Router (RT-AC65) - Dual Band Wireless Internet Router, Easy Setup, Parental Control, USB 3 - $59.99

About this item
  • Fast Wi-Fi Speed – Concurrent dual-band AC1750-level Wi-Fi delivers smooth streaming for home network.
  • MU-MIMO for Full Speed on Multiple Devices – The revolutionary technology connects multiple MU-MIMO-compatible clients at each device’s maximum speed simultaneously.
  • Optimized Coverage with AiRadar Beamforming – The WiFi signal is focused towards connected devices to ensure stable connection.
  • Parental Control – Protect children from internet addiction.
  • Easy Network Setup and Control with ASUS Router App.

Looks like a good deal, I'm having trouble deciding between this and the RT-AX58U which is on sale for $149.99. Currently I'm using RT-AC55U and it works fine for the most part.
[AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz |RTX 3060ti FE | Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB | Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
RFD Ebay HoFo Heatware
Thread Summary
Upgrading your WiFi? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best routers!
3 replies
Apr 24, 2011
540 posts
235 upvotes
Scarborough
Would a dedicated router like this provide more range and stability compared to my Fido (Rogers) white modem router?

The only cable I have is in the basement so it can't be moved anywhere else except where it is now. Router would be in same spot as ISP provided router modem.

Most of the time wifi is fine except for in the bedroom. I get sporadic delays there but works 80% of the time. Thought about getting an extender but would prefer not having 2 network SSIDs. Also thought of getting mesh but much more expensive of course.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4496 posts
4808 upvotes
axis81 wrote: Would a dedicated router like this provide more range and stability compared to my Fido (Rogers) white modem router?

The only cable I have is in the basement so it can't be moved anywhere else except where it is now. Router would be in same spot as ISP provided router modem.

Most of the time wifi is fine except for in the bedroom. I get sporadic delays there but works 80% of the time. Thought about getting an extender but would prefer not having 2 network SSIDs. Also thought of getting mesh but much more expensive of course.
You're better off with a mesh system if you want full coverage in a multi-story home.

This router is so old and it does not support aimesh. I have an Asus AC68U that is the same generation as this router that I am planning to replace where I bought it in 2015.

If you plan to buy a new router and use it for another 5 years or so, sticking with a WiFi 5 router is not the right move.

A Huawei AX3 Pro (WiFi 6) router is way better than this router for only a little more with a lot more future-proof. But again, you need a mesh setup where you don't want to pay for.

https://www.amazon.ca/HUAWEI-AX3-Revolu ... B08BJC1Q64