Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

ASUS Chromebook C204EE , 11.6" HD, Intel® Celeron® N4020 Processor, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC - $139

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2021 10:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1121 posts
5391 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] ASUS Chromebook C204EE , 11.6" HD, Intel® Celeron® N4020 Processor, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC - $139

ASUS Chromebook C204EE Rugged & Spill Resistant Laptop, 11.6" HD, 180 Degree, Intel® Celeron® N4020 Processor, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC, Chrome OS- C204EE-AB01-CA

Details
  • Brand Asus
  • Specific uses for product Multimedia, Personal, Business
  • Screen size 11.6 Inches
  • Operating System Chrome OS
  • Human interface input Keyboard
  • CPU manufacturer Intel
  • Connectivity technology Bluetooth, USB
  • Processor count 2
  • Chipset brand Intel
  • CPU model None
Last edited by immad01 on Nov 29th, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
9 replies
Sr. Member
Jul 6, 2010
892 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
FYI -- based on the comments in the reviews, it has a bilingual keyboard rather than the US English keyboard shown in the pictures.
i am upside down
Jr. Member
May 26, 2013
158 posts
220 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
umopapisdnwei wrote: FYI -- based on the comments in the reviews, it has a bilingual keyboard rather than the US English keyboard shown in the pictures.
absolute game changer. bought a bilingual keyboard once, never again.
Newbie
Jul 12, 2017
51 posts
24 upvotes
I wonder how the bilingual keyboard plus the 11 inch size works out in terms of ability to type comfortably.

Not many good deals on Chromebooks/basic laptops this year, eh? Maybe tomorrow or Monday there might be something... I'm looking for a simple 11-14 inch (ideally, 14 inch) for writing and little else... Might end up buying something off of Facebook/Kijiji...
Sr. Member
Jul 6, 2010
892 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
TylerS8 wrote: I wonder how the bilingual keyboard plus the 11 inch size works out in terms of ability to type comfortably.

Not many good deals on Chromebooks/basic laptops this year, eh? Maybe tomorrow or Monday there might be something... I'm looking for a simple 11-14 inch (ideally, 14 inch) for writing and little else... Might end up buying something off of Facebook/Kijiji...
My son doesn't mind his multilingual keyboard on his 11.6" Chromebook, but I get very frustrated using it.

For my other kid, I chose to get this 14" Lenovo Chromebook with a US keyboard: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/324874194184

There are some reviews on YouTube of a different version of this Chromebook, with a TN panel screen and bottom-facing speakers...but both of those issues are 'fixed' on this particular model. It has a 1080p IPS touch screen, and a US keyboard of course.

Airmilesshops.ca has 20x Air Miles sitewide today, plus there is a Bonus Boom Boost promo going on. I'm not sure if they're stackable, but either way it helps you earn a little bit on the purchase.

https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/ebay
i am upside down
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1121 posts
5391 upvotes
MILTON
umopapisdnwei wrote: FYI -- based on the comments in the reviews, it has a bilingual keyboard rather than the US English keyboard shown in the pictures.
Can you post a link to the review stating this is bilingual keyboard?

Going through questions and answers provided by current or previous users this is not a bilingual keyboard.

Backup your claim please.
Sr. Member
Jul 6, 2010
892 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
immad01 wrote: Can you post a link to the review stating this is bilingual keyboard?

Going through questions and answers provided by current or previous users this is not a bilingual keyboard.

Backup your claim please.
It's super simple to find the info, as it's mentioned in a couple of the top reviews (browsing the site on a mobile device isn't great, so maybe that's why you didn't see them). But here are some direct links if you want them:
https://www.amazon.ca/Chromebook-Resist ... d=keyboard

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... R44Q50V6O/
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... NDUBJTYJI/
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... 3BHZV3N41/
Last edited by umopapisdnwei on Nov 25th, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
i am upside down
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1121 posts
5391 upvotes
MILTON
umopapisdnwei wrote: It's super simple to find the info, as it's mentioned in a couple of the top reviews (browsing the site on a mobile device isn't great, so maybe that's why you didn't see them). But are some direct links if you want them:
https://www.amazon.ca/Chromebook-Resist ... d=keyboard

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... R44Q50V6O/
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... NDUBJTYJI/
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... 3BHZV3N41/
i stand corrected
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
2023 posts
608 upvotes
Mississauga
immad01 wrote: ASUS Chromebook C204EE Rugged & Spill Resistant Laptop, 11.6" HD, 180 Degree, Intel® Celeron® N4020 Processor, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC, Chrome OS- C204EE-AB01-CA

Details
  • Brand Asus
  • Specific uses for product Multimedia, Personal, Business
  • Screen size 11.6 Inches
  • Operating System Chrome OS
  • Human interface input Keyboard
  • CPU manufacturer Intel
  • Connectivity technology Bluetooth, USB
  • Processor count 2
  • Chipset brand Intel
  • CPU model None
Thx OP,
Bought one and lets see if its really worth for this price or should go for better specs
My usage is mainly browsing and google sheets, also occasional PDF documents signing only.

BTW the price is reduced further to $139 for black 4020 CPU.
https://www.amazon.ca/Chromebook-NanoEd ... =UTF8&th=1

Strange lesser CPU model of 3350 is expensive than the higher CPU mode 4020
https://www.amazon.ca/Chromebook-NanoEd ... cs&sr=1-18

Can any one shed some light on this? other than color..dont see why any one pay extra $10 for outgoing CPU
Member
Sep 10, 2008
243 posts
176 upvotes
mkannuri wrote: Thx OP,
Bought one and lets see if its really worth for this price or should go for better specs
My usage is mainly browsing and google sheets, also occasional PDF documents signing only.

BTW the price is reduced further to $139 for black 4020 CPU.
https://www.amazon.ca/Chromebook-NanoEd ... =UTF8&th=1

Strange lesser CPU model of 3350 is expensive than the higher CPU mode 4020
https://www.amazon.ca/Chromebook-NanoEd ... cs&sr=1-18

Can any one shed some light on this? other than color..dont see why any one pay extra $10 for outgoing CPU
I'm a n00b when it comes to this, but it looks like it has an extra USB port and weighs slightly less 0.7kg so I dont really see the value of paying $10 more for an extra port when you can get a hub for cheaper.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)