Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Asus Chromebook Flip C213SA-YS02 11.6" Touchscreen Convertible, Intel Celeron N3060, 4GB Ram - $334

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 8:22 am
[OP]
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
37 posts
57 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Asus Chromebook Flip C213SA-YS02 11.6" Touchscreen Convertible, Intel Celeron N3060, 4GB Ram - $334

It comes with N3060 - mixed reviews about it
It comes with 2 years of 100 Gig Google Drive included (27.99 * 2 worth of money)
It is a handy device for your day to day, with a full day battery life

The newer model with N4000 is out for $452

Price has decreased to 334 now!

(please delete if duplicate, I searched and didn't find)
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 15th, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2340 posts
533 upvotes
York
I wouldn't call this a deal at all for the specs. Should be considered its regular price.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Oct 24, 2010
443 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
any reco for a chromebook for youtube and surfing the net? (for my parents)
thanks in advance
[OP]
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
37 posts
57 upvotes
The price has just decreased to $334. It seems amazon is trying to sell all in its inventory.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3391 posts
5505 upvotes
Calgary
I know - apples and oranges, time machine, yadda yadda - but when MS was selling the HP Stream 14 for $200 with 1080p IPS, N4000 and 64 GB storage, this Chromebook based on the specs is a rip off.
Sep 26, 2017
125 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
celeron is super crappy processor. i wouldn't buy this for even $200
Penalty Box
Jul 28, 2010
719 posts
126 upvotes
Anyone got recommendations for a <$300 laptop for surfing/media (streaming hdmi to tv etc) purposes? Should I be buying used? Dont want something that will lag/stutter on youtube or take 20 seconds to open up chrome
They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm
Feb 4, 2017
358 posts
426 upvotes
laptopuser wrote: Anyone got recommendations for a <$300 laptop for surfing/media (streaming hdmi to tv etc) purposes? Should I be buying used? Dont want something that will lag/stutter on youtube or take 20 seconds to open up chrome
Look up the Lenovo deal for $216 with ebates.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3990 posts
2937 upvotes
Calgary
asfazrq2 wrote: celeron is super crappy processor. i wouldn't buy this for even $200
agreed! its crappy even for chromeOS
markymark01 wrote: any reco for a chromebook for youtube and surfing the net? (for my parents)
thanks in advance
get something with atleast a core M3 processor & touchscreen (esp for the older folks & non techies) as touching the screen is just.....well intuitive. a 2in1 convertible is a nice addition as there might be occasions where tab mode is nice.

cheap is good but not so good if its not used. invest in something better even if it costs more (I know I know its blasphemous) cos cheap is wasted gathering dust in a closet somewhere.

good news for chromebook newbies - what u get on day 1 is what u will ALWAYS get til the end of its life cycle. unlike windows, chromebooks will stay at same speed (some say it'll get fast with update but honestly, I haven't noticed). we can surt to our hearts content without fear of bloatware, adware, malware nor even viruses. ofcos no one is completely immune from phishing but still, damage is minimised & as for using "password" as your password, there is no cure for stupid.

I use windows at work & have always had windows til I got into the chromeOS train coupla yrs back. Its my goto for content consumption & light work (mainly word pro, spreadsheets, emails). gaming isn't bad if android serves your needs but the experience might be better on your 6.5" phone.

personally I've a battered, bruised & cracked(in a corner) but still very functional 2+ yr old Asus C302ca & a week old HP x360 14 (cos I wanted alot more performance). if it were my parents, I'd go the extra mile & get them the Asus C302ca or a Samsung CB Plus (if they really like using tab mode alot). trust me, they'll love it & you'd be stoked having fulfilled your function as a filial son/daughter.

taking into account u won't have to be the 24/7 tech support, its a WIN WIN WIN for u Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29357 posts
14855 upvotes
asfazrq2 wrote: celeron is super crappy processor. i wouldn't buy this for even $200
Am I the only one that doesn't mind a celeron?
This is coming from the days of LGA775 too.
They're not stellar chips, but they're also like $4.
laptopuser wrote: Anyone got recommendations for a <$300 laptop for surfing/media (streaming hdmi to tv etc) purposes? Should I be buying used? Dont want something that will lag/stutter on youtube or take 20 seconds to open up chrome
I bought that Lenovo 14w that was posted here a couple days ago.
$200 and change depending on how you calculate taxes/ebates.

It's pretty low powered though (as is anything for sub $300) so don't expect the snappiest thing.
Used might be an option but you're trading snappiness for battery life (or lack thereof)
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jun 10, 2006
474 posts
136 upvotes
markymark01 wrote: any reco for a chromebook for youtube and surfing the net? (for my parents)
IMHO, *any* Chromebook is just fine for Youtube and general web surfing! So I have no specific models to recommend -- other than that it makes sense to purchase one with lots of life/support cycle still left. The suggestion to get a touch-screen is a good one as well.