Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/GTX 2060 Max Q /w AniMe Matrix

[OP]
Feb 14, 2012
38 posts
23 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/GTX 2060 Max Q /w AniMe Matrix

Back in stock for $1,799 for those who don't want to wait or pay an extra few hundred for the 2021 version.
It's the AniMe Matrix version as well if anyone is looking for that feature.

Not everyone wants a 15 or 17 Inch. For portability, this isn’t too bad. Battery life is decent once you have configured it as per the g14 Reddit.

No need to hate, 15s and 17s are easily cheaper for better specs. People who are getting this most likely want a portable option that isn’t a Chromebook and has some gaming capability.
Last edited by ichigoichi3 on Feb 19th, 2021 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
For other laptop options, check out RFD Reviews' list of the top gaming laptops available now!
10 replies
Feb 14, 2011
419 posts
277 upvotes
Canada
Bad price for outdated model. Battery life on this is terrible also. Paid this 8 months ago for this laptop.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1330 posts
856 upvotes
CALGARY
Anyone knows when the new one comes out? Need a laptop badly.
Oct 11, 2018
177 posts
113 upvotes
Not a terrible or outdated model by any means. Have you taken a look at the G14 Subreddit? There are a lot of great tips on how to optimize your battery life. I personally get 6+ hours unplugged. Will also help your thermals. I have the 1660Ti version tho
Nov 30, 2019
67 posts
92 upvotes
stvross wrote: Bad price for outdated model. Battery life on this is terrible also. Paid this 8 months ago for this laptop.

Agreed. Terrible deal compared with recent deals posted here.
The deal breaker is max q 2060 is the low wattage lower speed version of the chip. May as well buy a laptop with a 1660 at that point. We just had a full 2060 115w with 8 core i7 deal for 1279 posted.

Another better choice is the Intel white label laptops. Full magnesium body. I7. 2070 max q 512gb ssd 144hz screen Thunderbolt 3 and more. These are designed by Intel. Armoury is just Canada computers label for this white label laptop. This laptop is more well known under other brand names and they all sell it for 1799 plus and usually 1799usd. 1399 cad way better specs and full metal body. 1399 and that's not as good as some recent posts.

Right now all alot of laptops are being cleared out as the new 2021 models come out. Defiantly don't pay 1799 for this. Maybe if it was 1199.

If interested in above mentioned Intel extreme white label laptop

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... anguage=en
Nov 30, 2007
767 posts
266 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Still a decent deal, and the selling point is the 14" form factor. I have the 1660Ti version and get a good 8+ hours from the battery. Had the G15 before the G14, and my what a difference that 1" in portability makes.

If you're all about 30xx series though, get the 2021 G15 when that comes back in stock.
Feb 9, 2021
19 posts
79 upvotes
You guys need to remember the Zephyrus line is the slim light weight line and is higher quality than their TUF and ROG line of laptops, this comes with a premium. It’s not a terrible price and this sis t outdated considering if you want a newer Ryzen 5000 series laptop you’d pay regular price this is a very capable laptop for a decent price, not hot but people need to layout all the info and not just bash every deal.
Nov 25, 2013
223 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
While I agree it's probably better to wait for the 2021 G15 or G14 for $200 more this is still a decent deal. I think it's hilarious people compare big, thick heavy gaming laptops to ultra portable premium lines and say it's a horrible deal blah blah blah. This was considered one the the best laptops of 2020 and was pretty highly reviewed everywhere. A few weeks ago bestbuy had an open box 1660ti version for $1249 and I almost pulled the trigger. I'm trying to hold off as long as I can for the 2021 versions to become available but they are taking forever.
Jul 22, 2009
295 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
Dabuck wrote: You guys need to remember the Zephyrus line is the slim light weight line and is higher quality than their TUF and ROG line of laptops, this comes with a premium. It’s not a terrible price and this sis t outdated considering if you want a newer Ryzen 5000 series laptop you’d pay regular price this is a very capable laptop for a decent price, not hot but people need to layout all the info and not just bash every deal.
Form factor, portability and build quality are things that RFD doesn't value. The G14 is actually pretty unique. Along with the Razer Blade Stealth (13.3"), they're one of the only gaming laptops smaller than 15 inches in size. But the G14 is less of a compromise in performance, hence it's popularity with reviewers.
Nov 23, 2017
51 posts
55 upvotes
Have any of the people giving out the negative comment even look at the reviews? Yes, you're paying a premium but based on suggestions on the subreddit, you can have really good battery life. CPU has been destroying Intel in benchmark.

This laptop is a gaming and work and travel, all around laptop.

Yes, the 2021 model is better but if you need a slim portable gaming laptop, this is on the list.

Good luck for anyone trying to find the 2021 model. I've been waiting myself.
Jan 9, 2018
42 posts
29 upvotes
I think that this is a great deal, considering that laptop stocks are hard to find now a days, and also consider the size of this laptop, it's very compact and lovely.