• Jun 10th, 2019 3:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5289 posts
1245 upvotes
Thornhill
prodacc wrote:
May 20th, 2019 1:48 pm
Found them a bit tinny, and noise cancellation over-aggressive.
That statement makes no sense. And ANC can be adjusted easily if you prefer to hear everything as regular headphones.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5289 posts
1245 upvotes
Thornhill
nicermog wrote:
May 20th, 2019 5:42 pm
The headband and earpads material started peeling off after about 6 months of use. Very overrated headphones imo. This is a good price but I definitely don't recommend this product.
Oily hair will do that to any leather. Had that issue with headphones when I was young.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
766 upvotes
Moncton
dazz wrote:
May 20th, 2019 8:27 pm
Oily hair will do that to any leather. Had that issue with headphones when I was young.
Is that what it is? I keep my hair quite short.
Nov 25, 2016
476 posts
332 upvotes
dazz wrote:
May 20th, 2019 8:27 pm
Oh, that's interesting to know. No headphones with leather for me then.
May 5, 2017
363 posts
106 upvotes
I have some M50's that I've been using for many years inside and for my DJ gigs, travelling a lot. These things last and sound quality is great for the price. These are standard in recording studios, truly a great workhorse. Don't get these if you want over the top bass eheh
Nov 22, 2004
351 posts
124 upvotes
Arkv wrote:
May 20th, 2019 2:50 am
Hardly comparing, he's just flexing.
Bingo. There's a lot of that here on RFD for some reason.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5289 posts
1245 upvotes
Thornhill
KevinC268 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 8:34 pm
Is that what it is? I keep my hair quite short.
While I don't know 100% it was the cause, it was the cause for me back then and I didn't realize it for a couple of years until a doctor in my family explained it. Oily hair will affect leather band and oily skin will affect the leather muffs due to sweat around the ear area. Depending on the leather thickness and quality it can take a few months or over a year.
You can wipe the oil off headphones daily and that would sure prolong it.
Nov 20, 2017
357 posts
491 upvotes
dazz wrote:
May 20th, 2019 8:22 pm
That statement makes no sense. And ANC can be adjusted easily if you prefer to hear everything as regular headphones.
Can't hear you from my Porsche parked on the dual-helipad of my mansion.

(I'm trolling, pardon)
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4775 posts
220 upvotes
thx ... going to take a break from my senn orpheus' to check these out ... been eyeballing them forever ...
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12635 posts
3677 upvotes
Ottawa
I started with the M50x, loved them, and then I migrated to the M70x, also loved them, they have all the virtues of the M50x, but just tweaked a bit to keep all the best virtues of the M50x but turned up to eleven so to speak,

That eventually led me on the path to the ATH-ADX5000, those are on another level, they are definitely like the M50x but tuned by the same wizards at Audio Technica that makes the M50x so good for so little money. The X5000 are made with the best quality materials and tuned for best neutral sound but still fun to listen to. They were $3K but I got them for $1800 on a clearance deal because I met a guy who can order them with his EPP discount, such a sweat deal for this caliber of headphone. Like all great headphones, you need a good DAC and amp to drive them properly so I paired them with the AT-HA5050H Hybrid tube amp. It was $6K but never did I hear detail like that through headphones, the synergy is unparalleled, the music just flows effortlessly.

So what's this got to do with M50X? I can say the M50X led me down the path to audio nirvana!!!! Highly recommended.

Note: this whole post is a joke.....just practicing flexing RFD style.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7140 posts
4510 upvotes
Canada
I have the DT770 32ohm. How does that compare to m50x.
I like bass.
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Oct 24, 2003
886 posts
308 upvotes
North York
Damn.. missed it.. was debating since last night whether it was worth it for me.. I've only owned cheap open cans and would like to try a closed one. The posts about clamp force, cracking pleather and pads that get hot made me question whether it would be a worthwhile purchase. Maybe I'll wait for prime day.
Jul 20, 2003
215 posts
32 upvotes
frugalfruit wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:52 am
Nope. The NC is poor on the Backbeat Pro 2. There are many other NC headphones that are better at even lower prices. I recently bought Anker soundcore NC which has better NC.

As always, look at www.rtings.com for models.
Ture that NC is kinda weak on Backbeat Pro 2, but they sound amazing, MUCH better than Sony XM3; they scored high marks on "critical listening" on rtings.com. Besides, they have Aptx-LL codec. I have yet to find another pair of ANC headphones with Aptx-LL codec...
Btw, I have both XM3 and BB P2... No doubt XM3 is the king of ANC for now, they are my first choice when I travel, but at home, or in a relatively quiet space, hands down BB Pro 2 is better.

For budget ANC, TaoTronics TT-BH046 is probably the best bet.
Feb 11, 2016
322 posts
216 upvotes
victorinoxs wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:03 pm
Ture that NC is kinda weak on Backbeat Pro 2, but they sound amazing, MUCH better than Sony XM3; they scored high marks on "critical listening" on rtings.com. Besides, they have Aptx-LL codec. I have yet to find another pair of ANC headphones with Aptx-LL codec...
Btw, I have both XM3 and BB P2... No doubt XM3 is the king of ANC for now, they are my first choice when I travel, but at home, or in a relatively quiet space, hands down BB Pro 2 is better.
But do you have Aptx-LL on your smartphone? I have seen support for Aptx but Aptx-LL
Jul 20, 2003
215 posts
32 upvotes
frugalfruit wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:08 pm
But do you have Aptx-LL on your smartphone? I have seen support for Aptx but Aptx-LL
I'm using that for my TV BT transmitter. LL is not needed for smartphones as latency is software adjusted anyway....