• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2019 10:35 am
[OP]
Banned
May 31, 2005
298 posts
729 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT Wireless Bluetooth - $175.95

These are $279.99 at Best Buy so looks to be a pretty hot deal, could be limited time only though as I've been seeing prices jump around on Amazon today. Took a screen grab for reference.
m50xbt.JPG
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 10th, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
6 replies
Feb 26, 2017
541 posts
382 upvotes
I’ve been considering these for a while. I’m looking for V shaped sound and love DT770s. I also own VModa Crossfades (v1). How do these compare to the beyers or the Vmodas?
Oct 1, 2017
60 posts
90 upvotes
Don't know how they compare to other decent headphones but I bought these during Prime Day for $169.99 so this is a great price.

Sound quality is pretty good IMO, I use them to game and while they aren't as good as a good set of speakers (I have the soundsticks 2), I don't regret buying them and use them everyday.
Jan 8, 2019
41 posts
36 upvotes
I got the Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC last week and my earlobes start hurting after the first hour of continuous listening. Does anyone know if ATH-M50xBT earpads are better than those?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2003 posts
1096 upvotes
North Vancouver
eshoppingenti wrote: I got the Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC last week and my earlobes start hurting after the first hour of continuous listening. Does anyone know if ATH-M50xBT earpads are better than those?
Is it the clamping force or something that else that bothers you? Asking because I am looking at ANC headphones right now and the Senn 4.5 are on my short list, thanks.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Jan 16, 2017
102 posts
60 upvotes
Burlington
Atillathepun wrote: I’ve been considering these for a while. I’m looking for V shaped sound and love DT770s. I also own VModa Crossfades (v1). How do these compare to the beyers or the Vmodas?
I own the M50s non-BT and the Vmodas. The lower end frequency response goes much lower on the Vmodas so bass goes deeper and punchier (very good sub-bass). The M50s are nice but my only complaint is the clamp force of the headband is quite strong IMO. Unsure if that has been fixed with the BT version.
Jan 8, 2019
41 posts
36 upvotes
Sorcerer wrote: Is it the clamping force or something that else that bothers you? Asking because I am looking at ANC headphones right now and the Senn 4.5 are on my short list, thanks.
Frankly, I am unable to spot one specific reason. It seems to be a combination of
1. The driver inside pressing up against my ear lobes
2. The bottom part of the cushion pressing too hard under my ear (maybe related to the clamping force)

I guess I need something with thicker cushions.

Gonna try these tips first: https://www.popsci.com/make-headphones- ... mfortable/