Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Audio-Technica AT-LP60BK Entry Level Turntable

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2018 11:47 am
Nov 16, 2006
662 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Audio-Technica AT-LP60BK Entry Level Turntable

Been tracking this turntable for a while. Decent reviews, lowest price in a while according to Camel.

May not be the best model around, but good all around for home use.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
It's a great entry turntable if you're on a budget.
Feb 15, 2012
29 posts
14 upvotes
Richibucto Road
Its an ok turntable. If I had a max of $150 to spend on a TT I would be looking at used TTs on Kijiji.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1243 posts
450 upvotes
Honest review, ordered this for xmas gift for my wife and it lasted about 3-4 records after that it would skip or loop on nearly every record I put on it. I returned it. I really wanted to like this player, i loved the look and it was automatic so easy to use. It seemed as if the arm didn't have enough weight or pressure to play the records.

Haven't bought one since, but been researching for awhile and the FLUANCE RT80 or the newer model RT81 seem to the the best bang for your buck at the moment. However they are in the $250-370 range

If your looking to splurge and get into TT I would recommend the REGA planner 1 (~$499-599) it has room to upgrade certain components as you grow your collection.
Jun 26, 2005
247 posts
176 upvotes
The Fluance's are nice budget tables. Audio Technica 120 is good. Pro-ject Carbons.

I'd recommend checking out Canuck Audio Mart. I was able to snag a 1979/1980 Technics SL-D2 with an Ortofon 5 cartridge (upgraded later to a 2M Red and hope to get a 2M Blue) for $70.00 in perfect condition from someone that lived two streets over from me. Great deals on that site.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Any recommendations on a very basic cheaper one? I just want to play some of my old records on a speaker.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Sep 22, 2016
331 posts
683 upvotes
Great turntable, I recently picked up the LP60 USB version from Best Buy on in store for $169 (web showed >$200, but in store was cheaper).

Very happy with it. It is a great turntable for the price.
My only issue is that one of my heavier records (180 gram pressing) seems to play slightly off on the inner tracks... not sure if it's the record itself, or the player, need to try it out on my friends turntable.

Would I prefer a LP120, or a Pro-Ject Carbon? Yes, but I don't have much disposable income (have a wedding to plan and the future wife would not appreciate me splurging) so that'll be an upgrade down the road.

I'm currently looking at a small upgrade to the LP60 from LP Gear (Upgrade Kit) as reviews are pretty good for this kit.
Feb 14, 2017
114 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
aquariaguy wrote: Any recommendations on a very basic cheaper one? I just want to play some of my old records on a speaker.
For absolute basics, just go to any thrift shop. They might need a little TLC like replacing the belt, but you can get it for way cheaper than anything on Kijiji.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7286 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
EdZegRFD wrote: My only issue is that one of my heavier records (180 gram pressing) seems to play slightly off on the inner tracks... not sure if it's the record itself, or the player, need to try it out on my friends turntable.
That's generally a cartridge alignment issue.
Audio Technica turntables are famous for having the cartridge misaligned right out of the factory.

The Fluance tables are so much nicer, and they do go on sale every now and then. I'd very strongly recommend to stretch the budget and get that instead of the LP60.
If anyone interested in the Fluance, here's a recent review:

Steam: SpectralMeat
Jun 26, 2005
247 posts
176 upvotes
From what I know LP60's do not handle 180g pressings well. It's a nice starter table compared to the Crosley junk that seems to be everywhere, but it is limited.

If you're hampered by budget you might be better off hitting the SArmy and Value Village trying to score something there or Canuck Audio Mart. Or just avoid 180g vinyl until you can splurge for a better table.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)