Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Audio Technica M50x monitor headphones ~$167

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2014 9:07 am
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2009
1118 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Audio Technica M50x monitor headphones ~$167

Hey RFD!

So missed out on the Shop.ca Audio Technica headphone blitz for the m50x. Well anyway, I've been tracking them online at Amazon, they've been fluctuating between 179.99-189.99.

Now it seems like just for the weekend they've dropped down to $166.62! These are for the black ones only.

Possible PM at Canada Computers OR NCIX as they seem to be the only retailer that have them in store (Basically you can get them faster this way as you don't have to wait for it to ship).

Happy hinting!
17 replies
Jan 12, 2007
452 posts
126 upvotes
The only reason people went nuts on the shop.ca sale is getting them for under $100 with coupons/rebates.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
1669 posts
21 upvotes
Milton
I just bought the M50X on Amazon.ca from seller (Seth's) for $164.99(CAN) all in, Free Shipping! NO TAX!! the m50x has the detachable cable
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
What about them?
Please remember to include the store and the price in the title.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1514 posts
1401 upvotes
Digital Gulag
theres always a deal on these ugly cans.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2009
1118 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Well as far as I can tell, there aren't many ways to buy them here in Canada. I've actually used an extension on Chrome to see historical price data on these. As far as Amazon goes, $166 is on the low end. You might find it cheaper on an another website, but then the question of Warranty comes in to play, amazon is a safe bet on that front.

I wholeheartedly admit that the Shop.ca deal was better, but they aren't in stock any more, so that kills them as an alternative.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2009
1118 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
coopaloop wrote: I just bought the M50X on Amazon.ca from seller (Seth's) for $164.99(CAN) all in, Free Shipping! NO TAX!! the m50x has the detachable cable
Nice find! Hopefully it isn't an error on their part lol
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
On a related note, it's snowing here in Calgary. Brrr.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1304 posts
721 upvotes
xblackrainbow wrote: theres always a deal on these ugly cans.
There's always Beats for those unsecured about how they look.
Nov 5, 2012
156 posts
98 upvotes
Richmond Hill
There are suckers in the world who would pay >$130 for M50s.
Aug 24, 2009
347 posts
276 upvotes
Guelph
Strats wrote: The only reason people went nuts on the shop.ca sale is getting them for under $100 with coupons/rebates.
Those were for the M50's, not the updated version. With the last shop.ca deal you could get the M50s for about 70 and the M50Xs for $110.

Shop.ca is it out of stock at the moment, not sure if they're going to have more, but I recently got a $40 off coupon for Shop.ca through paypal, and there's still 10% cashback from ebates. They're $190 on shop.ca, but with the discounts it's still a lot better. Not sure if there are any coupon codes to add ontop of those, too.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2009
1118 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Naruko wrote: There are suckers in the world who would pay >$130 for M50s.
Title clearly says M50X, though I hope you don't know anyone who actually payed $130 for the S model! They are getting dated now.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes
prmd wrote: Title clearly says M50X, though I hope you don't know anyone who actually payed $130 for the S model! They are getting dated now.
So a $37 premium for a removable cable. Cold deal.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2009
1118 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
sixteen12 wrote: So a $37 premium for a removable cable. Cold deal.
Personally, I'd rather not be swimming in a 3M cord, and there are other, albeit small, differences.
Aug 24, 2009
347 posts
276 upvotes
Guelph
sixteen12 wrote: So a $37 premium for a removable cable. Cold deal.
Well, you do get 3 cables with it(I know they're not expensive or anything), the ear pads are improved(I believe they were a common complaint before) and according to some reviews/people they sound better, but I think that might be in their heads, because they're supposed to be identical for sound from what I've read.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
I remember I bought a pair used m50-LE off here a few years ago now, and the seller had braided the cable. Excellent way to avoid the ridiculously long cable and i've had no issues.

Detachable sounds nice... but the sound you get from them doesnt warrant 170$... My ATH-ES7 (always bought off RFD, used) have way better sound and bass response.

My allesandro MS-1 (also purchased off RFD) also reproduce the mids way better than the M50s. and I actually prefer them over these when I don't need the sound isolation since they leak sound like crazy.

Not worth it for 167$. Save up and buy higher end model. also, No idea how the earpads on the original model need improvement. They are a bit prone to damage, but mine have held up really well so far.
Nintendo Switch vibes