Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

August Smart Lock 3rd Gen (non-pro) + Connect Wifi Bridge $94.99 ATL

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2022 5:26 pm
[OP]
Nov 9, 2003
916 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] August Smart Lock 3rd Gen (non-pro) + Connect Wifi Bridge $94.99 ATL

This is a smart lock deadbolt conversion kit which replaces just the deadbolt thumbturn. This is the 3rd generation non-pro version which uses 4 AA batteries, and includes the wifi bridge so there's less of a hit to battery life.
62 replies
May 10, 2021
167 posts
1032 upvotes
This is a great price !

I had another version, and be aware that if your door is not perfectly aligned (you need to pull or push a bit on it to lock it with your key), this will not work. It's obvious, but still something worth mentioning.

Also, the old version that I had was draining batteries like crazy (like needed to be change after 1 month max)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5495 posts
5139 upvotes
Toronto
I have this and it works really well; just make sure your door is aligned before installing, as the deadbolt needs to line up perfectly when it closes.

It also looks better than that giant hockey puck in the new gen, IMO.

Went a year with the 4 AA's, no issues.

Thanks OP.
Mar 26, 2012
231 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
chadw01 wrote: I have this and it works really well; just make sure your door is aligned before installing, as the deadbolt needs to line up perfectly when it closes.

It also looks better than that giant hockey puck in the new gen, IMO.

Went a year with the 4 AA's, no issues.

Thanks OP.
I'll also add that the newer gen also uses a much more expensive battery. They were like 20-30$ to replace IIRC (and usually went about 4-6 months)
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19638 posts
20059 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ebpodeals wrote: This is a great price !

I had another version, and be aware that if your door is not perfectly aligned (you need to pull or push a bit on it to lock it with your key), this will not work. It's obvious, but still something worth mentioning.

Also, the old version that I had was draining batteries like crazy (like needed to be change after 1 month max)
Been using this for the past few years. I use eneloops and they last for 6 months. Something was either wrong with your lock or the batteries you were using.

Also if your door isn't aligned you have some issues to address.

This lock works great with geofencing, only thing I don't like is that you need 1 wifi bridge per lock.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2131 posts
1841 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks, need this for my side door, ordered one.
Using the round ones on two of my other doors, batteries last a long time and I don't have any issues.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3705 posts
3441 upvotes
Big thanks OP! Now to look for a keypad to match...
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16933 posts
33251 upvotes
Scarborough
I was looking into getting the Pro but for this price I'll give this a try! Thanks for sharing the deal.
RFD Staff - Currently AFK; PM CarrieRFD your RFD related questions
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4238 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
Great price...I was looking for this smart lock. Yesterday at cyber monday, it was 155$.

If you check other colors, they are 194.99$. Maybe it's a price error at 94.99$ (missing one digit)
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2072 posts
2476 upvotes
Ottawa
Darn not available in dark gray. Wife won't like satin nickel.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1191 posts
3352 upvotes
osprey wrote: Seems the 4th gen is also discounted:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B082VXK9C ... EEQB&psc=1

I believe the 4th gen is HomeKit compatible? But reviews complain about battery life.

Has anyone compared the two ?
I have the 4th gen, the battery is bad. in the winter it was telling me in about a month that battery is critical, however I usually ignore that message for at least a month. so the message itself seems to notify far too early.
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Nov 24, 2009
125 posts
138 upvotes
GTA
Wow! Great price. Put in a new front door this summer and after reviewing found August very highly rated. Much like other poster the big complaint about the Pro model from users is the non-standard battery required and shorter life. It obviously stems from the fact that model has wifi built in versus this v.3 that needs the bridge. In my case I have an outlet right near front door so not an issue. I really like the auto-lock and auto-unlock feature of this. Bought the add-on keyboard for family members to use but it is not used much. The big benefit is that this needs to only replace the inside piece of your existing lock so your key still works from outside, and you don't need to worry about whether the hole in your door will accommodate a new full deadbolt.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1191 posts
3352 upvotes
also I will add the geo-fencing is nice, but be aware that there is no geo-fencing for auto-lock only for auto-unlock.

auto-unlock will work when you come home, but it won't automatically lock when you leave.

you can set auto-lock on a timer, 1 min, 30 seconds, 5 minutes etc. but say you go out to the garage for 5 minutes, it won't know that you are still home, so it will lock.

kinda frustrating.
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2940 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if you have a Bridge from an existing August, will it interfere adding another?
Apr 8, 2012
239 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
ashihtaka wrote: Anyone know if you have a Bridge from an existing August, will it interfere adding another?
i have two bridges (one seemed to have died :() and no they don't interfere with one another.
Nov 15, 2020
170 posts
206 upvotes
gen3 or gen4? I can't decide, since the gen4 doesn't need a bridge as it seems like.

EDIT: NVM, both needs the bridge for assistant support. Ordered 3gen. Thanks OP!
Last edited by solasguitarra on Nov 29th, 2022 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25023 posts
202503 upvotes
GTA
This is a decent deal - doesn't break the bank and would do as an interim solution until I replace the door.

Wouldn't want to pour $300+ into buying something only to have it not fit / be compatible with the new door.
Jan 15, 2006
465 posts
76 upvotes
That's a great price.
Trying to decide between this and the Eufy Security R10 which is currently at $129.99 (Amazon link)
The Eufy comes with a keypad but I don't see a lot of reviews.