Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY 1080p Dash Cam - 76$ (33$off )

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2020 2:17 pm
[OP]
Sep 23, 2019
72 posts
90 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY 1080p Dash Cam - 76$ (33$off )

Amazon has a sale for AUKEY 1080p Dash Cam - usually price is 109$, but currently there is 33$ off coupon, so price comes to 76$. I was not charged sales tax on my order here in Ontario.
This camera regulary has sale for 20$ off, but this time 33$ off makes it a bit more attractive.
Based on Camel*3 this is lowest price ever, but Camel does not properly track available coupons.
31 replies
Nov 12, 2014
6 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought one of these for my parents for Christmas. Really good quality video for the price. Simple to install. The mounting clips weren't great though
Jul 6, 2010
259 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
This price is the same as the Lightning Deal specials they have regularly (as recently as last week).
Edit: The screenshot is from Keepa.
Last edited by umopapisdnwei on Feb 24th, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i am upside down
Feb 16, 2010
665 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
This is a great dash cam. Highly recommended.

Amazing picture quality, easy set up and very reliable.

Parking mode only sometimes works, though.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2774 posts
3016 upvotes
steeped wrote: This is a great dash cam. Highly recommended.

Amazing picture quality, easy set up and very reliable.

Parking mode only sometimes works, though.
Parking mode requires wiring to the fuse panel yeah?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Feb 16, 2010
665 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
PriceHunter wrote: Parking mode requires wiring to the fuse panel yeah?
Yeah it does, but I did that myself and I have zero car knowledge. Just watched a few YouTube how-to videos, purchased a $15 hardwiring kit and the installation went seamlessly. I wouldn't buy this camera for parking mode though, so it might not be worth hardwiring it if you get it.
Dec 27, 2011
477 posts
144 upvotes
AB
steeped wrote: Yeah it does, but I did that myself and I have zero car knowledge. Just watched a few YouTube how-to videos, purchased a $15 hardwiring kit and the installation went seamlessly. I wouldn't buy this camera for parking mode though, so it might not be worth hardwiring it if you get it.
How come you would not buy this camera for parking mode? Also, is hardwiring different than just plugging into a USB port in the vehicle?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1918 posts
619 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Ever since I went to a WiFi enabled cam its hard to justify these
Feb 16, 2010
665 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
gyu138 wrote: How come you would not buy this camera for parking mode? Also, is hardwiring different than just plugging into a USB port in the vehicle?

Thanks!
If you plug it into the USB port, the camera might shut down after you turn off the ignition. When plugging it into a fuse that always has power, the camera will always record.

The issue with parking mode is that the sensor is too sensitive and seems to always want to record at the standard fps. Parking mode rarely triggers.
Dec 27, 2011
477 posts
144 upvotes
AB
flyingnurse wrote: Ever since I went to a WiFi enabled cam its hard to justify these
Which wifi cam would you recommend?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12509 posts
2999 upvotes
RFD
I've have the Aukey DR02 since December 2017 operating on a regular basis left in the car in the sun and winter. I'm waiting for it to die and upgrade to a better 4K Viofo, but it hasn't died yet. It has been reliable without any issue for me.

Daylight video performance I rate it as good and sufficient, but since it doesn't have 60 FPS you may not catch license plates. The FOV is also a bit wide and that hurts catching license plates farther away. Also no WiFi so that may be a pain for some. I keep an OTG adapter in the glove box with an SD adapter so I can play it in case of emergency on the spot. I haven't been peeved about removing the SD card out and transferring to my laptop because it's easy to remove the camera from the mount.

Night time performance I would rate as below average and the worst part of the camera. Part of the reason I want the new 4K Viofo is the superior night performance.

I wouldn't buy this one again, but I cannot deny the fact that it is super reliable and will be sufficient for most people, other than enthusiasts.
Feb 18, 2007
482 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
r2yneth wrote: Seems like Amazon is having a sale on Dash Cams? I am looking to buy one myself... is this a better deal? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07SK6 ... 4KSZ&psc=1

It records in 4K and has a small battery life for parking mode
Capture.PNG

Highly doubt that's an actual 4k camera.

A lot of scam dash cams advertise as 4k when it's really upsampled lower res.

Go peruse dashcamtalk.com if you want to learn more about what you should buy for specific purposes.

Right now the Viofo A119 V3 is the general purpose dashcam winner. This aukey one doesn't even rate.

Even if you're not interested in this specific dash cam this guy gives a VERY thorough and extremely relevant review on dash cames in general. And why simply "4K" isn't the answer.

Last edited by danascully on Feb 24th, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 15, 2017
237 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Bought this from the last lightning deal at the same price. Super easy to install and definitely recommend.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1918 posts
619 upvotes
Brampton, ON
gyu138 wrote: Which wifi cam would you recommend?
In my vehicle I have the xiaomi yi dash cam. Its pretty cheap when on sale.