Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Aukey 6-Pack Micro USB Cable - Quick Charge.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2016 10:56 am
[OP]
Feb 24, 2009
153 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Aukey 6-Pack Micro USB Cable - Quick Charge.

I just noticed this morning that a 6-Pack Micro USB Cable from Aukey is on Sale today. Aukey makes good quality cables.

We all face a problem of USB cables breaking down, so would make sense in getting a 6 pack.

Micro USB Cable, AUKEY Quick Charges [6-Pack] with Hi-Speed USB 2.0, for HTC, LG G4, Samsung Galaxy S7/S6/Edge and more
Value Pack: 6 high quality durable micro-USB cables in different lengths (6.6ft x 1, 3.3ft x 2,1 ft x 3), perfect replacement for your OEM or original USB cable with superior performance.
• Superior Construction: Durable TPE coating, multi-layer shielding and heat-resistant alloy cable head ensure maximum performance with a rated 4000+ Bend Lifespan.
• Quick Charging & Sync: 20AWG USB cables support faster charging speed and error-free 480-Mbps data transmission, 7% faster charging speed than others, ideal cable for Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 or high-load charging.
• Perfect Fit: Compact, heat-resistant, stainless steel connector heads allows the cable to fit most cases.
• Package content: 6 x AUKEY USB to micro-USB cable (6.6ft x 1, 3.3ft x 2,1 ft x 3), 24 month worry-free warranty.
Images
  • aukey.jpg
  • aukey1.jpg
44 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3773 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver
Good price. I bought it earlier this year for $11.50 and thought it was good then.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3704 posts
2691 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Bought this pack half a year ago. Most of the cables became quite "loose" already.

Otherwise, I'm generally pretty satisfy with most Aukey products out there.
Banned
Oct 19, 2016
25 posts
42 upvotes
AdamKing wrote: Bought this pack half a year ago. Most of the cables became quite "loose" already.

Thanks for the post. Was looking to replace my loose ones but this doesn't seem to be the answer. Good to know!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
9111 posts
4076 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote: Be careful with Aukey cables. I tossed mine to the side and used my own cable with the charger.

https://www.amazon.ca/review/reviews-li ... B00ZFE2J8C
AdamKing wrote: Bought this pack half a year ago. Most of the cables became quite "loose" already.

Contact Aukey, you'll get a free replacement, that's what I did. Cables are hit and miss, but Aukey will replace them without hassle.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8622 posts
3795 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Variability wrote:
ToniCipriani wrote: Be careful with Aukey cables. I tossed mine to the side and used my own cable with the charger.

Contact Aukey, you'll get a free replacement, that's what I did. Cables are hit and miss, but Aukey will replace them without hassle.
I rather not risk my devices... plus I have lots of Micro USB lying around. They work fine for data though.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2009
153 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote: Good price. I bought it earlier this year for $11.50 and thought it was good then.
Can you comment on the quality?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3471 posts
1966 upvotes
I have aukey cables purchased from aliexpress before (a bunch of them lol) and they are all still good to me. If I were to rate the quality I'd probably say 9/10 in terms of feel.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
9111 posts
4076 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote:
Variability wrote:

I rather not risk my devices... plus I have lots of Micro USB lying around. They work fine for data though.
The cable works or it doesn't, I've never experienced a cable causing damage to a device, maybe I'm lucky? All these cables are made at the same place pretty much, the only difference is quality checking that goes into the process.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8622 posts
3795 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Variability wrote:
ToniCipriani wrote:
Variability wrote:
I think the issue is the increased current with Quick Charge. Bad soldering joints within the cable or copper that isn't thick enough raises internal resistance, in turn load on the power supply, thus power draw and overload.

The cable works or it doesn't, I've never experienced a cable causing damage to a device, maybe I'm lucky? All these cables are made at the same place pretty much, the only difference is quality checking that goes into the process.
Dec 27, 2011
570 posts
210 upvotes
AB
I have them and find them to be good quality. Cords feel sturdy and thick, and I like that in this set they come in varying lengths.
Last edited by gyu138 on Oct 20th, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 9, 2009
288 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I have Aukey usb cables and they are terrible!! The prongs bend easily and then the cable doesn't stay in your phone afterwards. I'm a big fan of other Aukey products but will never buy their USB cables ever again.
Dec 27, 2006
373 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Their USB cables are hit and miss. The short 6" USB cable that came with the 12,000mAh USB battery pack won't stay in anymore because the barbs/prongs on the connector have flattened out after maybe 10-12 uses. On the flip side, the 3ft cable that was included with the 5-port 54W QC2 charger still works fine after 1 year of use every 2 days. The 3ft one included with the car charger is still okay after half a year, but that one seldom gets used.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1001 posts
438 upvotes
I second that... Don't buy those cables... They all became loose for me as well.

Saw some reviews that some of their cable caught fire...

Salesperson
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1075 posts
912 upvotes
As a big fan of Aukey in general, I would stay away from their cables. Definitely have had some of the highest failure rates of any cables I've purchased. The worst part is when they start failing on you while on vacation; all the warranty in the world wont help you then.
Mar 28, 2009
648 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought these cables earlier in the year and they all still work really well. I keep 1 to charge my phone at night, 1 in the car and 1 in my gym bag that gets thrashed around with all the other gym gear and none of them have any issues.

Got in on that 4 port car charger deal so I'll pick some more up to leave in the car.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6120 posts
1979 upvotes
Scarborough
Good filler if you're slightly underneath the minimum for free shipping. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1008 posts
398 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
my first btach didnt last long before coming loose, sent them a quick email and they repliued that a replacement pack was being shipped out. new batch seems to be holding up alot better. Very easy replacement makes this one a good deal.

The fire pics would likely come from the phone or the charger being faulty i would think.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)