Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Aukey 65W Omnia dual USB-C charger $34.99 after $15 coupon

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
4274 posts
827 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Aukey 65W Omnia dual USB-C charger $34.99 after $15 coupon

The new Aukey Omnia branded GaN charger with dual USB-C ports has a coupon that now discounts it close to the price of its older dual port model.

Compared to the older model, it's about 12 mm shorter and less deep, but 5 mm wider. It's also about 45 g lighter and can go up to 65 W charging when power doesn't have to be shared with the non-PD port. These advantages could be worth the extra $5.
12 replies
Jan 27, 2011
331 posts
99 upvotes
Would this be ok for my Note 10+ or are there better options?
Feb 14, 2006
384 posts
306 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
YSK aukey has no UL TUV CSA independent verification or certification. This creates a problem for me to use these items at my workplace, as if it catches fire I will be deemed negligent in the cause. Unlikely to happen but there's plenty of 'my aukey caught fire' articles around where they determine the company don't physically exist and Amazon could care less as long as they sell
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1431 posts
237 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: YSK aukey has no UL TUV CSA independent verification or certification. This creates a problem for me to use these items at my workplace, as if it catches fire I will be deemed negligent in the cause. Unlikely to happen but there's plenty of 'my aukey caught fire' articles around where they determine the company don't physically exist and Amazon could care less as long as they sell
Are alternative brands Ravpower, Anker CSA/ UL certified? Is this an issue with Aukey in general?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2146 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
Lexi wrote: Are alternative brands Ravpower, Anker CSA/ UL certified? Is this an issue with Aukey in general?
RAV are TUV certified at the very least.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1431 posts
237 upvotes
Eluder wrote: RAV are TUV certified at the very least.
Thanks! What about USB C to C cables are any of the certified? Some RFD folks recommend UGREEN but couldn't find any info on safety certificatation.
Oct 29, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
Details shows below on Amazon. What does it mean below? Still catches fire?

【Safe & Reliable】 This UL-certified charger with built-in safeguards protects your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
Oct 25, 2010
619 posts
258 upvotes
SamDurham wrote: Details shows below on Amazon. What does it mean below? Still catches fire?

【Safe & Reliable】 This UL-certified charger with built-in safeguards protects your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
interesting
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
3263 posts
200 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
hotsauce007 wrote: Would this be ok for my Note 10+ or are there better options?
I've tried numerous chargers in the market, but have yet to find one that supports 45W PPS (Programmable Power Supply) that Samsung utilizes. This one from OP included.
It still does 25W tho.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3701 posts
1141 upvotes
GTA
Realrena wrote: I've tried numerous chargers in the market, but have yet to find one that supports 45W PPS (Programmable Power Supply) that Samsung utilizes. This one from OP included.
It still does 25W tho.
https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote10/c ... _with_pps/

Possibly these two do.
https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-AUKEY-Del ... ics&sr=1-1
https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Charger-Del ... cs&sr=1-11
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3161 posts
1167 upvotes
Vancouver
Ruciz wrote: YSK aukey has no UL TUV CSA independent verification or certification. This creates a problem for me to use these items at my workplace, as if it catches fire I will be deemed negligent in the cause. Unlikely to happen but there's plenty of 'my aukey caught fire' articles around where they determine the company don't physically exist and Amazon could care less as long as they sell
I'll have to raise my hand on that one as well. Aukey charger shorted and fried my Samsung S4's micro-USB port. Fortunately the S4 had wireless charging (with an add-on I bought) and I was able to limp it along to the end of my contract.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
5835 posts
1958 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: I'll have to raise my hand on that one as well. Aukey charger shorted and fried my Samsung S4's micro-USB port. Fortunately the S4 had wireless charging (with an add-on I bought) and I was able to limp it along to the end of my contract.
Aukey posts should be banned. No certifciation, fires, and bribing and paying for feedback. If you' buy Aukey it's the same as getting a cheap no name charger from Ebay but you're paying for the "name".