• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2021 6:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5585 posts
1294 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY 8-in-1 USB-C Hub $46.74 No Tax ** LIGHTNING DEAL **

Lightning deal ends in about 3 hours from now.

- 8-in-1 USB-C Hub: Turn a single USB-C port into six ports and two card slots for data transfer, display expansion, internet connection, and charging
- Convenient Charging: The 100W USB Power Delivery port keeps your 15-inch MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 or other compatible laptop fully charged (using your device’s original power adapter) while you’re using all the other functions of the hub
- Ultra HD Video: HDMI port outputs resolutions up to 4K@30Hz to a connected display
- Fast Data Transfer & Network Connection: Two USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) and one USB 2.0 ports and SD & microSD card slots all support data transfer rates up to 5Gbps. Gigabit Ethernet port supports 10/100/1000Mbps network speeds
- Package Contents: AUKEY CB-C71 Link PD Pro USB-C Hub, User Manual
Last edited by mystery on May 6th, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rfd
14 replies
Dec 1, 2005
103 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Picked one up for my Chromecast TV. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1889 posts
11333 upvotes
warnpeace wrote: Picked one up for my Chromecast TV. Thanks OP.
Hope you like 30Hz jittery movement if your resolution is set to 4K...
HDMI port outputs resolutions up to 4K@30Hz to a connected display
I'll say it on every USB C hub thread... these cheap 4K@30Hz hubs are unusable if you own anything 4K.
Mar 7, 2011
205 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
warnpeace wrote: Picked one up for my Chromecast TV. Thanks OP.
Tad overkill if all you're looking for is ethernet
Consider something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N1X28F1

edit: depending on the generation of Chromecast, you may need type C or micro USB
Last edited by mmack00 on May 6th, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 3, 2003
577 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
mmack00 wrote: Tad overkill if all you're looking for is ethernet
Consider something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N1X28F1
I'm going to bet the OP was referring to the latest-gen Chromecast with Google TV, which runs off USB-C.

I have this hub and can confirm it works out of the box with the new Chromecast and the iPad Air Gen 4.
Jan 13, 2021
16 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Going to go out and tell people now that the unit I own tends to hum ever so slightly when certain ports are being used. It’s probably not a huge deal for most, but I’m very sensitive to low-frequency/intermittent sounds which drives me crazy. Also hubs like these tend to run quite warm for extended periods of time.
Nov 20, 2018
60 posts
264 upvotes
Just my two cents: I would suggest the Anker (~$60 sometimes) one solely because of their 18 month warranty. I am not sure this one's warranty, doesn't say on the page.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3652 posts
1011 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Hope you like 30Hz jittery movement if your resolution is set to 4K...

I'll say it on every USB C hub thread... these cheap 4K@30Hz hubs are unusable if you own anything 4K.
Well this may apply to people that are using the HDMI port, but when used with the chromecast this is a non issue as people likely want Ethernet and extra storage.

That being said i would not recommend this for chromecast as it's over priced.

I use the QGeeM hub, attached a usb to Ethernet adapter i had and the Ethernet speeds on chromecast was very slow. It's not the hub or my Ethernet adapter as on my laptop i got full gigabit. Hub is otherwise great if you want extra storage but stivk to wifi.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5585 posts
1294 upvotes
Just got it today. Nice small form factor, and works with my 2K (2560 x 1440) monitor @ 75 Hz.

Currently backing up my system using Macrium with hard drive hooked up to one of the USB 3.0 ports.
rfd
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5585 posts
1294 upvotes
USB ports no longer work.

going back :(
rfd