• Jul 28th, 2020 7:26 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2007
191 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam BC

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY Dash Cam DR01 $79.99

Older, but decent budget cam. FHD 1080P ( Sony Exmor sensor),
supercapacitor, 170 degree wide angle lens, 2 mounts & dual port charger.
Last edited by Freebee on Jul 28th, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Nov 23, 2004
368 posts
303 upvotes
Bought is camera 2 years ago and its still working strong. Picture quality is excellent, and I love the small size.
Aug 14, 2009
316 posts
287 upvotes
BC
kruel wrote: The newer model (according to Amazon) is $59.99 after $10 coupon. Am I missing something?
Newer? On the grid in the descriptions the DR01 is listed as a step up from the DRA1.
Jan 15, 2016
368 posts
329 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I use this got for $50 ~3 months ago. Good size and doesnt disrupt view.

Mine sits behind the mirror and just set the screensaver to 1 minute so i just know it powers on.

Havent jumped in to get the gps , still on the fence.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3415 posts
3530 upvotes
Vancouver
Video quality is about as good as you can expect for the Sony IMX323 sensor, but I find the exposure a bit dark with a lot of sky in the picture. Don't leave it active in motion detect in a dark garage, because it amplifies the video noise in the dark and detects it as motion.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3637 posts
3196 upvotes
Markham
Revvd wrote: Bought is camera 2 years ago and its still working strong. Picture quality is excellent, and I love the small size.
Same here. I bought 2 of this dash cam one year ago. They are still going strong. Aukey in fact sent me a better car cigarette lighter USB adaptor when I complained that the stock adaptor did not fit one of my 2 cars. This replacment was sent free of charge to me without the need to return the stock adaptor. I sold the stock adaptor on Kijiji to offset some cost. :)

Excellent customer service!
Jan 7, 2013
578 posts
275 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
trendless wrote: Newer? On the grid in the descriptions the DR01 is listed as a step up from the DRA1.
DR01 has a Sony sensor too vs whatever the other GC brand is on the DRA1.
Sep 26, 2012
413 posts
121 upvotes
Thornhill
Shaidin wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/TOGUARD-Dashboard ... B07SK6Z7P3

Here's another option as a lightning deal plus coupon
Never heard of this brand but the review seems good. Anyone uses this brand can comment?

It's fulfilled by Amazon, I guess it's easy return if it doesn't do the job.

None of these comes with capacitor, that means possible issue in code temperature? Thanks in advance
Jan 7, 2013
578 posts
275 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
The Aukeys have "supercapacitors". Toguard is a battery. Capacitors are supposed to be better in extreme hot and cold.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8610 posts
4976 upvotes
Toronto
superduder wrote: Never heard of this brand but the review seems good. Anyone uses this brand can comment?

It's fulfilled by Amazon, I guess it's easy return if it doesn't do the job.

None of these comes with capacitor, that means possible issue in code temperature? Thanks in advance
The Toguard looks too good to be true tbh, I’d start by reading the 1-star reviews first since they have paid 5-star ones for these China brands.