Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] aukey dashcam 69.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 1:02 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 15, 2016
542 posts
541 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

[Amazon.ca] aukey dashcam 69.99

in for 1, 60% claimed, original at 99. pretty decent non-battery dashcam. 4hours left.
24 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2006
3478 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal?
====================================
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4372 posts
4434 upvotes
Vancouver
It's the DR01 model, the one that hangs down from a flexible window mount rather than the DR02 that has the hidden mount (DR02 D is the dual model with added rear cam). Same Sony IMX 323 sensor. There are lots of previous threads reviewing the Aukey dashcams. It's a decent mid-range camera, a few years old now, and this is about the price it usually goes on sale for these days. I have a DR02, and I'm happy enough with it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2005
3898 posts
5047 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
yeah not real thrilled with the mount for this cam but really should get a cam...
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2859 posts
2271 upvotes
Main & Hastings
raskal wrote: yeah not real thrilled with the mount for this cam but really should get a cam...
Me too. I'm getting desperate for a dash cam though. 5 cars cut me off on my way home from work. Da fk!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2859 posts
2271 upvotes
Main & Hastings
raskal wrote: yeah not real thrilled with the mount for this cam but really should get a cam...
Me too. I'm getting desperate for a dash cam though. 5 cars cut me off on my way home from work. Da fk!



Any extra codes for this device? Thanks In Advance
Sr. Member
Nov 18, 2012
987 posts
574 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Me too. I'm getting desperate for a dash cam though. 5 cars cut me off on my way home from work. Da fk!
ive driven years in a country with the highest deaths on the road and i dont think ive been cut off more than 20 times in years

you may want to look inward before blaming others, if it happens this often theres definitely something wrong with your driving
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2859 posts
2271 upvotes
Main & Hastings
rkt1337 wrote: ive driven years in a country with the highest deaths on the road and i dont think ive been cut off more than 20 times in years

you may want to look inward before blaming others, if it happens this often theres definitely something wrong with your driving
Can't be. Rush hour on highway. I speed on high way 120-130 in 100 z0ne. I travel in the passing lane. Along with others. Guy behind me. Goes into the right lane. Speeds up and thinks he can squeeze in front of me.

Scenario 2. I'm doing 120-130 km/h in the left lane. Car merging onto highway. Skips the right lane and darts into left. Like wtf.

20 years experience. Only accident was the guy who hit me.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 18, 2008
571 posts
214 upvotes
Burnaby
chilli604 wrote: Can't be. Rush hour on highway. I speed on high way 120-130 in 100 z0ne. I travel in the passing lane. Along with others. Guy behind me. Goes into the right lane. Speeds up and thinks he can squeeze in front of me.
Well passing lane is aptly named, even if people are already speeding on it. You keep right when youre not passing cars. No need to feel entitled and gate people from going faster than you, it would be better to let them get caught speeding in a speed trap ahead ;)
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 15, 2016
542 posts
541 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
wanted to get just a capacitor based one as wasnt comfortable with batteries here in winnipeg.
Sr. Member
Jan 9, 2014
713 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
anytime when you are not passing and there is a car behind you that wants to go faster, you gtfo of the way. Doesn't matter if you are going 150 in a 100 zone.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2859 posts
2271 upvotes
Main & Hastings
Pharmer wrote: anytime when you are not passing and there is a car behind you that wants to go faster, you gtfo of the way. Doesn't matter if you are going 150 in a 100 zone.
What if there are 6 other cars in front of me. As we are all in the passing lane. While the traveling lane is also full and some how the dude behind you manages to squeeze to the right. Then gets ahead of you. Then decides its safe to cut me off Because you leave 2 car lengths distance. 2 car length isn't much much at these speeds
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2008
1826 posts
164 upvotes
Anyone come across an issue with the DR02 model where it would reset the time and date if you use the Aukey OBD2 power connector?
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Sr. Member
Nov 18, 2012
987 posts
574 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Can't be. Rush hour on highway. I speed on high way 120-130 in 100 z0ne. I travel in the passing lane. Along with others. Guy behind me. Goes into the right lane. Speeds up and thinks he can squeeze in front of me.

Scenario 2. I'm doing 120-130 km/h in the left lane. Car merging onto highway. Skips the right lane and darts into left. Like wtf.

20 years experience. Only accident was the guy who hit me.
You need a scarier car then :D
Member
Jan 4, 2019
458 posts
465 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: What if there are 6 other cars in front of me. As we are all in the passing lane. While the traveling lane is also full and some how the dude behind you manages to squeeze to the right. Then gets ahead of you. Then decides its safe to cut me off Because you leave 2 car lengths distance. 2 car length isn't much much at these speeds
You're supposed to leave a lot more than two car lengths on the highway. That's just asking for an accident.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2859 posts
2271 upvotes
Main & Hastings
rkt1337 wrote: You need a scarier car then :D
This is probably the best advice here.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
256 upvotes
Peterborough
I;ve had one of these for over a year and its great never had trouble with it voice activated worked all winter and vedry cold weather and in hot weather and was cheap if oyu can still finds them I paid $45 for mine connect your phone or tablet wirelessly to is nice so you not fiddling wihth take sd card oiut all the time

Top