• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2020 4:46 pm
[OP]
Jul 13, 2020
13 posts
28 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY DR03 1080p Dual Dash Cams $99.99 after coupon

(First post ever)
Have been eying on this one since last reviews couple of weeks back. Just want you guys to know it's back.
From last reviews on RFD, looks like a good deal for $100.
Images
  • aukey.JPG
37 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3763 posts
4425 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
I've been waiting for a different cam to come one sale, but it seems that's not going to happen

$100 for a dual seems decent
Jul 19, 2014
90 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
raskal wrote: I've been waiting for a different cam to come one sale, but it seems that's not going to happen

$100 for a dual seems decent
The A129?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3763 posts
4425 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
redfd123 wrote: The A129?
No, but that'd be a good choice too.
I've bought 4 Blueskysea B1W's
I like them because they do audible alerts if the SD card fails. Are fairly stealth
Their negatives are bad audio recording and seem to forget their date often
Other than that, they've been great.
I bought them for $60 on lightning sales but haven't been on sale for a year now
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4461 posts
2453 upvotes
raskal wrote: No, but that'd be a good choice too.
I've bought 4 Blueskysea B1W's
I like them because they do audible alerts if the SD card fails. Are fairly stealth
Their negatives are bad audio recording and seem to forget their date often
Other than that, they've been great.
I bought them for $60 on lightning sales but haven't been on sale for a year now
I’ve been wanting to buy one of the cameras that goes flush on the window and has a tilt which makes it hard to see from outside. Any recommendations?

Also, do you usually need any extra accessories to go with the camera (besides SD card)?
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Aug 30, 2009
74 posts
46 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Sejad wrote: I’ve been wanting to buy one of the cameras that goes flush on the window and has a tilt which makes it hard to see from outside. Any recommendations?
I'd see what best fits your requirements out of what's recommended at dashcamtalk. I'd pick capacitor and WiFi over discreetness tho.
Sejad wrote: Also, do you usually need any extra accessories to go with the camera (besides SD card)?
Hardwire kit (and appropriate add-a-fuse) is a must for the parking mode recording and to avoid dangling wires, some dashcams have optional CPL filter accessory as well. You may be able to find a bundle which would include both.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4461 posts
2453 upvotes
stangri wrote: I'd see what best fits your requirements out of what's recommended at dashcamtalk. I'd pick capacitor and WiFi over discreetness tho.

Hardwire kit (and appropriate add-a-fuse) is a must for the parking mode recording and to avoid dangling wires, some dashcams have optional CPL filter accessory as well. You may be able to find a bundle which would include both.
I’m skeptical with doing a hardwire mod as I have a Hybrid engine. I’m afraid it would drain my hybrid battery which needs to have a reserved charge for the car to start.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
May 12, 2006
308 posts
169 upvotes
ON
I'd be all over this if it had WiFi. Seems like a great deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3414 posts
3530 upvotes
Vancouver
I have become more of a fan of the flush mount now that I've had the DR02 for a while. It's an improvement not to have the dashcam hanging in the middle of your windshield, it's more discreet, and it avoid the issue that hanging suction mounts have resonant frequencies where the camera vibrates as your engine rpms go up and down or your car goes over rough surfaces. However it does make it more difficult to access the camera UI because the screen is small and the camera is mounted out of the way. It's fine for routine operation where you normally don't have to do anything with the camera, but it would be easy to miss a warning about the microSD card not working.

The Aukey cameras come with long cords and mounting clips, so I didn't have any trouble routing the cable around the headliner, pillar, and floor mat out of sight. And my car has an always-on lighter plug, so I just keep in plugged in if I want to use it while parked, or unplug it if not. I have left it plugged in for up to 2 days in motion detect mode with frequent activations, and there was no noticeable effect on the car battery. I leave mine in Motion Detect mode all the time so that I don't have to fiddle with the UI on the camera. It activates recording as soon as the car moves, and keeps on recording for at least 3 minutes after activation, so its starts recording as soon as the car moves and keeps on recording during the trip, then stops when I park. If I leave it plugged in, it acts as an automatic Parking Mode. I just unplug it when I'm parked at home.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 15th, 2020 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1263 posts
609 upvotes
Near GTA
Using the A129v2 in my vehicle and it goes down as one of my best buys ever. Looking now for the wife’s van. Looks like the second head is powered by the main base? Are there other manufacturer options that come as wireless connect where the secondary head gets it’s power separately? Don’t want to side topic, but this doesn’t look like it would work for any minivan or long vehicle?
Oct 13, 2007
228 posts
36 upvotes
Bought Aukey DR02 last month. not installed yet. just wonder what's the difference compared DR02 and DR03. Thanks.
Mar 11, 2013
510 posts
512 upvotes
Brampton
xumei wrote: Bought Aukey DR02 last month. not installed yet. just wonder what's the difference compared DR02 and DR03. Thanks.
Form factor, DR02 rear is 152 deg and DR03 is 160 deg. Not sure if there is anything else.
DR2 is $5 less than DR3 now.
Aug 30, 2009
74 posts
46 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Sejad wrote: I’m skeptical with doing a hardwire mod as I have a Hybrid engine. I’m afraid it would drain my hybrid battery which needs to have a reserved charge for the car to start.
Depends on the model, hardwire method, etc. I have a plug-in hybrid and I have hardwired Thinkware FA200 with no negative effects so far.

PS. Hardwire doesn't necessarily mean the always-on parking mode recording. You can hardwire so that the dashcam is only powered when the engine (or at least accessory mode) is on.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4461 posts
2453 upvotes
stangri wrote: Depends on the model, hardwire method, etc. I have a plug-in hybrid and I have hardwired Thinkware FA200 with no negative effects so far.

PS. Hardwire doesn't necessarily mean the always-on parking mode recording. You can hardwire so that the dashcam is only powered when the engine (or at least accessory mode) is on.
I have a Corolla 2020 hybrid, it’s not a plug-in hybrid.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8610 posts
4976 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote: I’ve been wanting to buy one of the cameras that goes flush on the window and has a tilt which makes it hard to see from outside. Any recommendations?

Also, do you usually need any extra accessories to go with the camera (besides SD card)?
I ordered a 70mai pro (Xiaomi) from aliexpress, design and performance looks good for under $100. Viofo A119 V3 is highly recommended but costs a good chunk more.